PDA

View Full Version : What has Kobe done for the LA community?

LakeShow
11-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Reading about Shaq and knowing what Magic has done for LA, it makes me wonder if Kobe has ever done anything for the Community? I don't know of any, someone please enlighten me.

Will Hunting
11-27-2009, 10:40 AM
This isn't going to be a very long thread.

LakeShow
11-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Damn People, somebody tell me something or I'm going to have a problem with KB. He's made enough money here to do something and give back to the people who supports him.

Oh never mind, He takes care of Vanessa's family. That's a community in itself.

:fro

weebo
11-27-2009, 10:48 AM
rapes women

Chieflion
11-27-2009, 10:49 AM
rapes women
I am sorry, it was in the colorado community which the rape took place.

Thunder Dan
11-27-2009, 10:50 AM
didn't he give a young girl in Colorado a large donation?

Michael Scott
11-27-2009, 10:51 AM
didn't he give a young girl in Colorado a large donation?

he gave her a large donation on her face and maybe her lower back!

I. Hustle
First of all he helps The WGINOBC group not only in California but in every NBA town. They are a large group that is constantly looking for donations and interestingly enough get most of their help from professional athletes and members of the hip hop community. They have been around for a long time and even though Kobe had a falling out with them I believe that he has made ammends and gone back to being one of their biggest supporters and contributors.
What does WGINOBC stand for you ask? Well it is none other than the White Girls In Need Of Black Cawk group.

spursncowboys
KB has a work ethic and shows a level of class that shaq has never had.

lefty
11-27-2009, 10:52 AM
L.A citizens had the privilege to see the huge diamond he bought to his wif
e after his trip to Colorado.

It was a life changing experience for Angelinos

An Unbiased Fan
11-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Kobe has been involved in over a hundred local charities, schools, and organiztions since he's been in LA. He has worked with Aftershool All-Stars, maek a Wish, and many others. He has donated a lot of money to local schools and programs.

I won't even get into his extensive charity work around the country and World.
:wakeup

Chieflion
11-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Whenever Kobe is mentioned "An "Unbiased" Fan" shows up....
No suprises there. Just giving "props" to Kobe like he is supposed to.

LakeShow
11-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Kobe has been involved in over a hundred local charities, schools, and organiztions since he's been in LA. He has worked with Aftershool All-Stars, maek a Wish, and many others. He has donated a lot of money to local schools and programs.

I won't even get into his extensive charity work around the country and World.
:wakeup

Thanks,

I knew it should be something. I just haven't heard it discussed or read it anywhere.

KB is the man and the future G.O.A.T. ;)

weebo
11-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks,

I knew it should be something. I just haven't heard it discussed or read it anywhere.

KB is the man and the future G.O.A.T. ;)

Bryant is a selfish prick both on and off the court. What makes you think that he would be so willing to donate any time or money without publicity? Get real.

TheMACHINE
11-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Kobe does alot of charity work..he just doesnt hold a press conference or have a video team following him around when he does it.

spursncowboys
11-27-2009, 11:15 AM
This is ridiculous that KB now HAS to donate. It shouldn't be expected for him to give money he earned. How much do you donate?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Kobe does alot of charity work..he just doesnt hold a press conference or have a video team following him around when he does it.

While Shaq loves to do that a lot.....he was reportedly really pissed off that the story about him paying for a funeral broke. He genuinely didn't want that to happen.

JamStone
11-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm guessing a lot of pro athletes do charitable things that never make news, often intentionally. I know Rasheed Wallace kept a lot of the things he did under wraps as much as possible, never tried to get the word out that he was doing things for communities in Philly, Portland, Detroit.

That's not to say that Kobe does a lot, but I suspect much of what he does isn't something he tries to get on broadcast or leaked out by his publicist to get media praise.

I do know that Kobe's first foundation was up and then pretty much shut down after five years because of poor management by his mom and sister. The last foundation I heard him start was Vivo Del Mondo, which was to help pay for college students to travel the world and broaden their cultural experiences. I'm not sure how that foundation is going, but Kobe has done stuff. How much? Who knows?

F_U_Buddy
11-27-2009, 11:38 AM
he's gets into the ass of our opponents on a nightly basis...that's some dam good charity work my man...:lmao

seriously:

Let's break this down into 3 categories to see what my man is really doing: LOCAL, NATIONAL, and GLOBAL...

LOCALLY

He does a lot through his foundation...to help inner city kids travel the world and be exposed to something they wouldn't otherwise be exposed to...

http://nbakobebryant.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-bryants-foundation-will-see-light.html
NATIONALLY

Here's a list of a Phoenix Suns area charity he was involved in:

Proceeds from this fundraiser benefit three nonprofit organizations that help underprivileged children, including Phoenix-based Future for Kids.

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2009/01/26/story7.html

here's another one in which Kobe does for kids on a NATIONAL level in multiple states:

Kobe Bryant is the official ambassador for After School All Stars (http://www.looktothestars.org/charity/186-after-school-all-stars), a national children’s charity that provides after-school programs to 72,000 inner-city kids.
http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/840-kobe-bryant

and finally here's what's he's doing on a GLOBAL LEVEL:

"In an attempt to tap into the Chinese government’s growing interest in promoting charity, Mr. Bryant is establishing the Kobe Bryant China Fund. The organization will partner with the Soong Ching Ling Foundation, a charity backed by the Chinese government, to raise money within China earmarked for education and health programs. Mr. Bryant’s existing fund, the Kobe Bryant Family Foundation, will also work to strengthen ties between the two countries by teaching middle-school students in the U.S. about Chinese language and culture. Mr. Bryant declined to say how much he is donating to the fund."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204556804574258222289862830.html

Now Hate on that you Hatas...:hat

lil_penny
11-27-2009, 11:43 AM
he gave her a large donation on her face and maybe her lower back!

Kobe stated before that shaq started that foundation and that he was merely a ambassador...

lefty
11-27-2009, 11:44 AM
he's gets into the ass of our opponents on a nightly basis...that's some dam good charity work my man...:lmao

seriously:

Let's break this down into 3 categories to see what my man is really doing: LOCAL, NATIONAL, and GLOBAL...

LOCALLY

He does a lot through his foundation...to help inner city kids travel the world and be exposed to something they wouldn't otherwise be exposed to...

http://nbakobebryant.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-bryants-foundation-will-see-light.html
NATIONALLY

Here's a list of a Phoenix Suns area charity he was involved in:

Proceeds from this fundraiser benefit three nonprofit organizations that help underprivileged children, including Phoenix-based Future for Kids.

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2009/01/26/story7.html

here's another one in which Kobe does for kids on a NATIONAL level in multiple states:

Kobe Bryant is the official ambassador for After School All Stars (http://www.looktothestars.org/charity/186-after-school-all-stars), a national children’s charity that provides after-school programs to 72,000 inner-city kids.
http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/840-kobe-bryant

and finally here's what's he's doing on a GLOBAL LEVEL:

"In an attempt to tap into the Chinese government’s growing interest in promoting charity, Mr. Bryant is establishing the Kobe Bryant China Fund. The organization will partner with the Soong Ching Ling Foundation, a charity backed by the Chinese government, to raise money within China earmarked for education and health programs. Mr. Bryant’s existing fund, the Kobe Bryant Family Foundation, will also work to strengthen ties between the two countries by teaching middle-school students in the U.S. about Chinese language and culture. Mr. Bryant declined to say how much he is donating to the fund."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204556804574258222289862830.html

Now Hate on that you Hatas...:hat

Cool :tu

Killakobe81
11-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Bryant is a selfish prick both on and off the court. What makes you think that he would be so willing to donate any time or money without publicity? Get real.

Dude has done plenty it is not polite to brag about charity work ...

Culburn369
11-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Daddy bragging about burying that murdered girl was inexcusable. She's suffered enough.

Kobe's silence is refreshing. Reminds one of Woody Hayes. Never knew for an instant his philanthropic zeal until he was dead in the ground.

TheMACHINE
11-27-2009, 01:07 PM
one time i was listening to Collin Cowherd and he said Kobe donated some money to the charity Cowherd was working with. He was impressed how Kobe donated it off-air after the interview instead of telling Cowherd on-air which he could have easily done.

TDMVPDPOY
11-27-2009, 01:48 PM
he likes to taste ass

Bob Lanier
11-27-2009, 02:23 PM
What's a community?

cornbread
11-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Dude has done plenty it is not polite to brag about charity work ...

I've always respected that about Kobe. You know the guy is donating his time/energy/resources to worthy causes but he keeps it behind the scenes. It doesn't seem to be about him, which isn't the case with some other superstars.

leo_d
11-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Im not sure that not bragging about donations is the high road for a celebrity such as Kobe.

If your final goal is to make people to donate as much as possible to a certain cause then you may need to deal with all the "he is donating for PR porpouses" in order to make an example that other celebrities want to folow, even if they in fact do it for public recognition.

Bob Lanier
11-27-2009, 03:43 PM
He's played for the basketball team they pay to support, that's what he's done.

Allanon
11-27-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm guessing a lot of pro athletes do charitable things that never make news, often intentionally. I know Rasheed Wallace kept a lot of the things he did under wraps as much as possible, never tried to get the word out that he was doing things for communities in Philly, Portland, Detroit.

This was what I was going to say.

It's the guys doing charitable work without "leaking" it to the public which doesn't make it any less honorable.

Kobe's pretty much kept to himself his whole career; it wouldn't surprise me that he keeps this part secret as well.

I don't doubt that every single highly paid athlete does charity work; it's good for karma and also great for tax purposes.

Culburn369
11-27-2009, 05:56 PM
The deceased owner of the Jazz is a shining example of goodness. He did not quibble over the Fisher event with his daughter. Fisher requested, Miller made the decision and then let it be. He did not compromise his act of human kindness with triviality, self indulgence, or words. The key here is he at no time requested compensation. Dollars to donuts it never even crossed his mind. For to do so would have been vulgar & gross.

LakeShow
11-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Im not sure that not bragging about donations is the high road for a celebrity such as Kobe.

If your final goal is to make people to donate as much as possible to a certain cause then you may need to deal with all the "he is donating for PR porpouses" in order to make an example that other celebrities want to folow, even if they in fact do it for public recognition.

I don't think they should keep it private. Whatever the reasons that they are donating doesn't matter.

NBAfan83
11-27-2009, 06:41 PM
He put LA on the map, before Kobe, LA was becoming a basketball wasteland. He is the only marquee player to play for the city of LA, that is what he did.

Pretty much what MJ did for Chicago, Kobe did for LA.

ffadicted
11-27-2009, 06:48 PM
First of all he helps The WGINOBC group not only in California but in every NBA town. They are a large group that is constantly looking for donations and interestingly enough get most of their help from professional athletes and members of the hip hop community. They have been around for a long time and even though Kobe had a falling out with them I believe that he has made ammends and gone back to being one of their biggest supporters and contributors.
What does WGINOBC stand for you ask? Well it is none other than the White Girls In Need Of Black Cawk group.

I lol'ed :lol

He put LA on the map, before Kobe, LA was becoming a basketball wasteland. He is the only marquee player to play for the city of LA, that is what he did.

Pretty much what MJ did for Chicago, Kobe did for LA.

This best be a troll :nope

NBAfan83
11-27-2009, 06:49 PM
You should be banned for such stupidity.

what part of that statement didn't make sense? Kobe is the only marquee player on the laker team.