Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/nba-...medium=twitter

But great league tho, twitter told me the nba DOMINATED the nfl during super bowl weekend with the trade rumors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    today’s NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA was very entertaining before Kevin Durant joined the Warriors.

ass nikka

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2019 HOF finalists are so ing trash tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Were these Spur games tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA was very entertaining before Kevin Durant joined the Warriors.

ass nikka
    I blame the media, him, this superstar worshipping bs and RAANGGS culture..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems the no defense league they made this year is not as appealing as they thought it would be. GOOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Todays nba is a pig wrapped up in velvet.

Nice from far away but when you look closely, it is a ham meatball

Sure blame the emo players, gay gots like worriers, soft no D game, calls keft and right, bearded got in hou, bald has been in LA, mute cancer in toronto, etc

Its a disgusting mess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were these Spur games tbh?
    Hey, we aren't good anymore, so people can stop blaming us for ruining the league!

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'm sure all those gots who think today's NBA will pass the NFL and MLB any day now will just pretend that the decline is all because of streaming, not because of the Warriors, the Rockets, and the boring-ass styles of play they introduced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No wonder Silver is trying to bail.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This past weekends All Star game ratings down 11 percent as well.
    Fact is the league has too many teams,not enough talent to spread around especially with players wanting easy rings

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems the no defense league they made this year is not as appealing as they thought it would be. GOOD
    Agreed. The league's best was from 1990-2005 tbh when it was all about the stars and the drive and dish game, every touch or poke wasn't a foul, and points were relatively at a premium. It made offense, when it happened, much more enjoyable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really isn’t a surprise it’s down, I’m just surprised it hasn’t been down earlier and by a wider margin.

There are simply too many competing platforms for that entertainment dollar, and casuals will initially flock to high scoring games, but like any type of entertainment, once the initial wave of novelty wears off the interest wanes. The league decided to go after the casual dollars and alienate the hardcore fans and they are seeing th results now.

How many times can a non-basketball fan see Curry nail a shot from half court with 15 seconds left on the shot clock without being bored of it? S/he will decide that instead of seeing the same predictable move for the 500th time, his/her time is better spent watching Netflix or playing video games or hangout with friends or argue on the Internet.

Besides, the teams are so horribly unbalanced now there are no incentives for the small market teams to build a winning team. First they can’t because free agents would rather go to a horribly run lakers team or Knicks team than to join a well run spurs or grizzlies, second because the profit sharing is already pulling in enormous dollars without them having to do anything, and finally the crazy prices of the new teams essentially makes it no point for a team to even make any type of enormous operating profits when the owner can just sell the team and make billions.

So it’s a downward spiral, where the good teams will get better and the bad teams worse, and the fans of the bad teams will just stop being fans because it’s so horribly run they don’t deserve their hard earned dollars.

Finally, basketball fans are aging in general. A 45 year old with two kids and a mortgage has a lot less disposable income than a 27 year old with no financial responsibilities, despite the prior earning much more. Young kids don’t watch the nba has much as the older folks did back in the day, and the old folks don’t have time to watch anymore because s/he has to work and take care of things at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really isn’t a surprise it’s down, I’m just surprised it hasn’t been down earlier and by a wider margin.

There are simply too many competing platforms for that entertainment dollar, and casuals will initially flock to high scoring games, but like any type of entertainment, once the initial wave of novelty wears off the interest wanes. The league decided to go after the casual dollars and alienate the hardcore fans and they are seeing th results now.

How many times can a non-basketball fan see Curry nail a shot from half court with 15 seconds left on the shot clock without being bored of it? S/he will decide that instead of seeing the same predictable move for the 500th time, his/her time is better spent watching Netflix or playing video games or hangout with friends or argue on the Internet.

Besides, the teams are so horribly unbalanced now there are no incentives for the small market teams to build a winning team. First they can’t because free agents would rather go to a horribly run lakers team or Knicks team than to join a well run spurs or grizzlies, second because the profit sharing is already pulling in enormous dollars without them having to do anything, and finally the crazy prices of the new teams essentially makes it no point for a team to even make any type of enormous operating profits when the owner can just sell the team and make billions.

So it’s a downward spiral, where the good teams will get better and the bad teams worse, and the fans of the bad teams will just stop being fans because it’s so horribly run they don’t deserve their hard earned dollars.

Finally, basketball fans are aging in general. A 45 year old with two kids and a mortgage has a lot less disposable income than a 27 year old with no financial responsibilities, despite the prior earning much more. Young kids don’t watch the nba has much as the older folks did back in the day, and the old folks don’t have time to watch anymore because s/he has to work and take care of things at home.
    Good write up. Yes, basketball has been a complete dud to me since TD retired, and not just because TD retired. The last really good hardcore basketball game was the Cavs over the Warriors in Game 7, June 2016. I believe the score was 94-89 which is roughly how basketball was meant to be played.

And it's not like the NFL where parity reigns supreme and it's really a total team game, and most importantly a true match of strategy. People will always love football. Basketball is a pretty simplistic game of something all of us do in real life (ex: throw crumpled paper into a garbage can). Sure, there's strategy and luck involved, and it'll be always be better than the boring games where the only way to score is to put something past a goalie into a net. But it'll never be as good as football because of a lot of reasons.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm sure all those gots who think today's NBA will pass the NFL and MLB any day now will just pretend that the decline is all because of streaming, not because of the Warriors, the Rockets, and the boring-ass styles of play they introduced.
    Myyy analytics!!!

a transition 3 point attempt ... on a 3 on 1 fast break is better than a easy layup!!!!
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 02-21-2019 at 02:32 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Yes, the Grizzlies are well run ..said no one ever.
    1. They gave a anayltics guru with no experience a GM job
    2. They supermaxed out conley and extended Marc Gasol then dumped Marc on the cheap and shopped conley at last deadline
    3. Chandler freaking Parsons!! who they are paying max $$$ to stay away

I agree Spurs are well run even considering the Kawhi fiasco ... but the Grizz? come on my dude, you better than this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty much what everyone meant when we said Durant signing with GSW was going to ruin the NBA, from 3 point chucking, to stars running to form super teams.

The 3 point chucking is even worse than anyone imagined, and now stars aren’t even playing out their contracts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also from the ringer on the Grizz before the deadline ...How can this team be even put in the same category as the Spurs?

The Grizzlies aren’t bad because of their aging stars; they’re bad because of the decisions the front office has made in an effort to support them over the past decade.

Conley, drafted fourth in 2007, is one of the last two Grizzlies picks to receive a second contract from the team; the other is Darrell Arthur, who was selected 27th in 2008. Every other pick has either been let go in free agency (like O.J. Mayo, drafted third in 2008), traded (like Xavier Henry, drafted 12th in 2010), or waived (like Wade Baldwin, drafted 17th in 2016). The Grizzlies have nailed some acquisitions over the years, such as the 2009 trade for Zach Randolph and the 2010 signing of Tony Allen, and they’ve built some strong benches featuring veterans like Mike Miller. But long-term success is difficult to maintain without a steady influx of youth. Hitting on draft picks means building up a team’s infrastructure, providing cheap players who can round out a roster and, in a best-case scenario, raise its ceiling. The front office has missed its countless swings, which factored into the team’s downfall in seven straight postseasons.

Now, as the Grizzlies seem ready to give up the ghost, no mistake looms larger than Parsons. Despite his close relationship with owner Mark Cuban, the Mavericks refused to make him a max contract offer because of concerns about his health. Parsons had undergone “hybrid” microfracture procedures and surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee in the two years ahead of his free agency, which probably should’ve been a red flag. But the Grizzlies—and the Blazers, for what it’s worth—made a max offer of $94.4 million anyway. By winning the Parsons sweepstakes, Memphis lost its future. Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace said earlier this month that Parsons was “by far the best option at that time,” but sometimes the best option is to make no move at all, especially for a player with Parsons’s injury history. It’s not like Parsons was a superstar hampered by injury; he was a good player who showed occasional flashes of being something more. The Grizzlies could have resisted splurging for Parsons during the 2016 cap e and instead remained financially flexible for other opportunities. Parsons’s signing brought undeniable risk, and the Grizzlies are paying for it—not only literally, but in the ways that it has hampered their ability to sustain success.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is pretty much what everyone meant when we said Durant signing with GSW was going to ruin the NBA, from 3 point chucking, to stars running to form super teams.

The 3 point chucking is even worse than anyone imagined, and now stars aren’t even playing out their contracts.
    Thing is UZER, I'm not disputing that speeding up pace, increasing possessions and shooting more 3's isnt sound ... the numbers dont lie that doing SOME of that is smart.
    But most teams have forgotten the D part from "3 and D"

when i used to play 2k online compe ively I saw this happening already no one tried to play defense or run offense ... lots of players some of them good players ...decided that gambling for a steal even if it lead to a layup or dunk at the cost of moving the game faster and jacking up 3's was more valuable than playing defense and you can win but the game becaomes more like that boring ass ASG last Sunday or worse like the rising stars game.

I like young players, i like some of the modern NBA i even defend harden minus his flopping.

But unless its late and your trailing ...taking a transition 3 over a wide open layup unless the shooters are Klay/Korver/steph etc. will NEVER make sense to me ...
    Take the layup and set up your defense is better than takine a 30%-40% shot that can also lead to a fastbreak and sure points the other way 70-60% of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It started with the Boston Three Party, which was immediately followed by the trade of Best Gasol for a happy meal, which was followed by the Heatles fiasco.

Wish we could go back to 2007 status quo when we could still laugh about Kobe being a ballhog and winning nothing without Shaq and the Spurs being perennially at the top of the league tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the Grizzlies are well run ..said no one ever.
    1. They gave a anayltics guru with no experience a GM job
    2. They supermaxed out conley and extended Marc Gasol then dumped Marc on the cheap and shopped conley at last deadline
    3. Chandler freaking Parsons!! who they are paying max $$$ to stay away

I agree Spurs are well run even considering the Kawhi fiasco ... but the Grizz? come on my dude, you better than this.
    THey made some mistakes but I think as a small market team with very limited resources, they did better than average. Maybe not the best there is but they were certainly better ran than Knicks, lakers, Chicago

Perhaps I should’ve gone with Portland or Denver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing is UZER, I'm not disputing that speeding up pace, increasing possessions and shooting more 3's isnt sound ... the numbers dont lie that doing SOME of that is smart.
    But most teams have forgotten the D part from "3 and D"

when i used to play 2k online compe ively I saw this happening already no one tried to play defense or run offense ... lots of players some of them good players ...decided that gambling for a steal even if it lead to a layup or dunk at the cost of moving the game faster and jacking up 3's was more valuable than playing defense and you can win but the game becaomes more like that boring ass ASG last Sunday or worse like the rising stars game.

I like young players, i like some of the modern NBA i even defend harden minus his flopping.

But unless its late and your trailing ...taking a transition 3 over a wide open layup unless the shooters are Klay/Korver/steph etc. will NEVER make sense to me ...
    Take the layup and set up your defense is better than takine a 30%-40% shot that can also lead to a fastbreak and sure points the other way 70-60% of the time.
    Players didn’t forget to play d, the league our ruled d.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA fans don't even watch the games anymore. They just follow on twitter. I mean, ESPN had a article about which storylines to follow this season .

Thread Information