Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

Got an unbelievable deal on this boat, settled on a price yesterday. Guy is going to deliver it to town tomorrow.

Offshore conditions start to look REALLY good come sunday monday and tuesday. Forcasted smooth seas with very light chop...

Im stoked!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Nice!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sweet!...If it finally settles down we may be out there too...We've been wanting to get out to Baker and drag some ballyhoo for two weeks now but it's been too knarly...When they call 1-2 it's usually still 2-4 and when they call 6-8 (like last week) it's just too damn brutal to even consider it...I love coming back with the waves at the end of the day when the water conditions are right...we will drop the hammer on the Fountain and it's like "Miami Vice" coming home...
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 09-09-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nice boat! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it. Man I thought that was a green carpet it was sitting on

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Sweet! My buddy has a nice boat, not as big as yours.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    New Mexico Lobos
    Nice, Soul, mind if I ask how much you picked it up for?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Im gonna guess.................25K

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Boats are really a steal right now..especially big offshore boats...my offshore fishing buddy is in Alabama right now looking at a totally cherry, hard loaded 53' Viking thats distress selling for $220,000...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I about when we settled at a whopping

$12,000 flat

The boat books at around 22k

What size fountain CosmicC? Those are such nice, fast boats.

I went and fished (attempted to fish more like it) 2 weeks ago (before all this mess) with a buddy of mine who has a totaly decked out Grady White 330 Marlin. That was a freakin Cadillac...we had to cut the trip short halfway out in the jetties as his stearing started to freeze up. limped back into port and turned out he had to replace his hydraulic steering pump.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Anyone selling a 10 - 15hp used kicker, let me know. I will need to put one on this boat before i start venturing too far off in the blue.

Also slowly acquiring offshore gear, so looking for Shimano TLD 15 20, possibly 25s...dont need to be 2 speeds, but if its in my ballpark, ill go for it. Accompanied rods would be nice too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nice boat! Great price!!! Have fun!!!!

What kind of green is it sitting in?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I about when we settled at a whopping

$12,000 flat

The boat books at around 22k

What size fountain CosmicC? Those are such nice, fast boats.

I went and fished (attempted to fish more like it) 2 weeks ago (before all this mess) with a buddy of mine who has a totaly decked out Grady White 330 Marlin. That was a freakin Cadillac...we had to cut the trip short halfway out in the jetties as his stearing started to freeze up. limped back into port and turned out he had to replace his hydraulic steering pump.
    It's a 29' Canyon Special. Center console with outriggers and twin 250's. It will run flat out about 70 but we rarely push it past 40-45 offshore...It's not mine, I just get invited a lot, which is the best kind of fishing boat to have...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone selling a 10 - 15hp used kicker, let me know. I will need to put one on this boat before i start venturing too far off in the blue.

Also slowly acquiring offshore gear, so looking for Shimano TLD 15 20, possibly 25s...dont need to be 2 speeds, but if its in my ballpark, ill go for it. Accompanied rods would be nice too.
    You definitely want a kicker, preferably with its own fuel supply. Don't know where any are now but I'll keep my eyes open...we routinely run 50-60 miles offshore to get to the billfish and you definitely don't want to do that single engine.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does it work as well on water as it does on grass?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm really hoping my fishing buddy buys that Viking...he's gonna winter it in Florida...we can hit Southwest Airlines and be fishing in 4 hours...Live aboard and take it down to the Bahamas...Three bedrooms, 3 bath, full kitchen, salon, bar, etc.

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish

nice boat! now you just need the honies and beer to make it complete.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Got an unbelievable deal on this boat, settled on a price yesterday. Guy is going to deliver it to town tomorrow.

Offshore conditions start to look REALLY good come sunday monday and tuesday. Forcasted smooth seas with very light chop...

Im stoked!
    Oh man... that thing is gonna kick ass!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm really hoping my fishing buddy buys that Viking...he's gonna winter it in Florida...we can hit Southwest Airlines and be fishing in 4 hours...Live aboard and take it down to the Bahamas...Three bedrooms, 3 bath, full kitchen, salon, bar, etc.

Vikings are such kick ass boats. I'll never have the $$ to own one, but ive fished on one before. Also fished on a '53 Post in Cabo. I would turn gay for a boat like that (and the money to actually use it).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Lol...Guy that owns it lives in Orange TX and has it docked in a back bayou. Im sure their marina fills up with that stuff depending on the tides/wind.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    You definitely want a kicker, preferably with its own fuel supply. Don't know where any are now but I'll keep my eyes open...we routinely run 50-60 miles offshore to get to the billfish and you definitely don't want to do that single engine.
    No, my intended range is probably in the 20 - 30 mile range, with the occasional push to 50ish when its just the boys. I wont be pushing 50 miles until i have the kicker, for sure.

My goal is to put the wife and kiddo on some kings or dodo's trolling, and/or find a rig with some AJs and snaps...

Once i get the boat tomorrow, i am going to set up service with Towboat US cant beat the piece of mind for 125 bucks a year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Vikings are such kick ass boats. I'll never have the $$ to own one, but ive fished on one before. Also fished on a '53 Post in Cabo. I would turn gay for a boat like that (and the money to actually use it).
    No ! I damn sure can't afford one. I could probably buy it, but maintenance is nuts, not to mention the cost to run it...the one he is looking at has two 800hp Man diesels...35K just to rebuild one, and at 30 knots probably burns 70 gph...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    The fuel bill is probably more than my mortgage.

If i could own any boat in the world, i think it would most likely be a 37' Boston Whaler Outrage. Was all over one at the last in water show in corpus. That thing is absolutely amazing. 3 300 Yamaha V8s, an entire cabin underneath the console, so many gadgets and gizmos you probably would never use them all...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The fuel bill is probably more than my mortgage.

If i could own any boat in the world, i think it would most likely be a 37' Boston Whaler Outrage. Was all over one at the last in water show in corpus. That thing is absolutely amazing. 3 300 Yamaha V8s, an entire cabin underneath the console, so many gadgets and gizmos you probably would never use them all...
    My (almost realistic) dream choice would probably be a '35 Cabo Express. I've actually considered when it's time, liquidating everything and retiring to Belize and getting one...I prefer twin inboard diesel to outboards when you start getting in the bigger boats...plus in Belize I could run over to Mexico and fuel up on cheap diesel.

Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 09-09-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No, my intended range is probably in the 20 - 30 mile range, with the occasional push to 50ish when its just the boys. I wont be pushing 50 miles until i have the kicker, for sure.

My goal is to put the wife and kiddo on some kings or dodo's trolling, and/or find a rig with some AJs and snaps...

Once i get the boat tomorrow, i am going to set up service with Towboat US cant beat the piece of mind for 125 bucks a year.
    For years we went out 50-60 miles in a 23' Chaparral...single 200 with a kicker. Just gotta pick your days and leave early...We were out at Hospital Rock once and saw a tiny little boat coming out and were laughing our asses off at the fools for being that far out in such a small boat...As they kept getting closer we finally realized they were in an identical 23' Chap... LOL.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Well the owner go's offshore out of Sabine Pass. He has to run about 50 to 60 miles just to get into fishable waters (deeper than 75ish feet). That is just sick! lol...

I think that is why he has finally decided to get rid of her...At least i hope that is the only reason.

We trialed her last weekend, and i was really impressed, everything was very clean...engine ran great. Just a few minor cosmetic things i would change, but for that price, it couldn't be beat.

Thread Information