Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What do you look for in a car/truck? I love to drive and I am willing to sacrifice some gas mileage in order to get a good driving experience. I don't have anything against anyone who would rather be just a commuter and buy a ride that is the most fuel efficient(as long as you are not poking along at 10mph below the speed limit), but I personally have to have something that gives a little something more.

Which do you identify with more?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Tbh I'm only 18 and a freshman in college and my parents gave me like 15k budget so I coulda gotten something flashy. I wanted to but I decided to be fuel efficient and cheap because I'm a student. Went with a 2010 corolla and it has been great so far. I'm always driving around with multiple people so the 4 doors help a lot and gas ain't bad either.

35$ a week with a 12 gallon tank. Gas has jumped up a lot lately tho IMO...

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Was looking at some mustangs, Mazda rx8, and other sport coupes but I'm glad I went with the corolla tbh.

That genesis of yours is a nice ass car though..

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well...if it makes you feel any better I was stuck in this at 18....

Keep your credit clean and work hard and you will be eligible for a nice upgrade eventually.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    my car is fine for me tbh, loving it. And yeah I'm gonna just drive this thing into the ground or sell it after college

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Most likely just drive it until it can no longer run and by then I should have enough money for a nice ass car.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just got a 93 Dodge Shadow in great shape for only 600 bucks because I needed something to commute besides the bike because even though it's getting warmer, driving my girlfriend to work when it was 40 degrees ing sucks especially since I lost my gloves and my visor on my helmet broke

I don't really give a about the car I have as long as it works, runs good, and gets at least 20-25mpg. I would finance but since my parents don't help me with anything I can't afford full coverage insurance with everything else I gotta pay for. Either way, I'm not walking down the street so assholes can throw at me and I'm not sitting next to some drugged out homeless junkie on the Via bus so I'm happy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Had an 02' Land Rover Discovery that I drove through HS and most of college. Right before I graduated about 2 years ago my dad gave me his old company car ('07 Jeep Liberty) so I wouldn't have to worry about buying a new car as soon as I graduated...because the LR was turning into an expensive piece of . I was never really big on just driving around for the driving experience or whatever, especially in the Liberty.

A few months ago I bought my first decently expensive, decently fast car, and it's easily one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'm pretty young, so to me it was worth the $ to actually enjoy driving around. Not to mention the fun of learning about the car, from the mechanics to the random bells and whistles. Now it's kind of hard for me to imagine not having a sports car.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd rather go for fuel efficiency. Had a truck that was a joy to drive but was a gas guzzler. I felt like a fueling up every few days/weeks depending on my driving habits that month. For me I felt I was spending to much on gas and not on other things. I earned less then but even now I hate paying for things to often when I don't need to. To each his own I guess..

Happy mediums hard to come by?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'd rather go for fuel efficiency. Had a truck that was a joy to drive but was a gas guzzler. I felt like a fueling up every few days/weeks depending on my driving habits that month. For me I felt I was spending to much on gas and not on other things. I earned less then but even now I hate paying for things to often when I don't need to. To each his own I guess..

Happy mediums hard to come by?
    Same here, I would rather have fuel efficiency so I can save some duckets to go have a real experience. That isn't to say that I won't buy a standard so I can get some good accelleration going.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    last week oil per barrel was under 100, today its like $103-104 , slowly creepin up

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Nowadays a strong V6 can still get pretty good gas tbh. Mine's over 300hp and I can get close to 30 on the highway and around 20 in the city. V6 Mustangs are close to that too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Nowadays a strong V6 can still get pretty good gas tbh. Mine's over 300hp and I can get close to 30 on the highway and around 20 in the city. V6 Mustangs are close to that too.
    yep, the >2010 v6 mustangs are 305hp and 31 Hwy. I just wish I could get a truck to do that. I would love to own a dodge dakota again. I got one when I was 19, and I was a lot more lax about allowing myself to be a hypocrite. I just couldn't responsibly justify something like that anymore. The long view sucks sometimes.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looks and performance and I chose a 2010 Acura TSX V-6 , crystal black pearl(very hard to keep clean) and it fits the bill .........................luv it

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    tbh that 2015 Acura nsx looks sick as ...any guess on what the price tag gonna be?

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Tbh I'm only 18 and a freshman in college and my parents gave me like 15k budget so I coulda gotten something flashy.

Richer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    tbh that 2015 Acura nsx looks sick as ...any guess on what the price tag gonna be?
    Yup...out of my price range...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Columbia Lions
    Don't drive but flashy cars aren't important to me tbh. A to B for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Since my company provides a car for me, and I get only a few to choose from, the Camry LE is what I drive most of the time. However my personal vehicle is a Ford F250 crew cab 4x4 diesel King Ranch. I too prefer to get something more out of it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You want that in US Dollars or RMB?

Thread Information