Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan B+
    Had trouble putting it in the hole; give credit to Jazz for physical D. But otherwise, he was good. His passing was magnificent. He was a monster on the boards. His D was above average. And despite field goal woes, he remained aggressive and was able to make his living at the line.

Manu Ginobili C-
    Mental mistakes continue to pile up -- as do turnovers and missed shots. However, give him credit for hitting two key baskets late. I loved his energy on D -- even if his decisions on that end were iffy at times. He's not far away from playing really well but he hasn't been able to piece it together recently.

Tony Parker A+
    Spectacular return. Despite the layoff and only moving with about 75% of his normal explosiveness, he gutted out a great showing. He was efficient scoring-wise and passed it well. He competed on D. The Spurs needed him to play big minutes to get the win -- and he did just that while authoring huge plays.

Kawhi Leonard A
    Give this man more touches. Despite subsisting on scraps and broken possessions, he was productive on O. Hit a number of momentous shots. His D was good -- not great -- though he boarded well and thrived inside and out. Overall, he did splendid work but it's painfully obvious that he needs to be more involved.

Danny Green B+
    Parker's return really helped him out. Those open looks that were missing the last few weeks were back. He took advantage -- plus added in a couple made layups! His D was mostly good outside of a lapse here and there when he got sucked too deep into the lane when helping.

Tiago Splitter B+
    His finishing hasn't been as good lately. I'm not ready to panic but he's missing more than usual lately. To me, it looks like he's trying to draw contact rather than concentrate on the finish. But everywhere else he was dandy. He rebounded well, passed spiffily and was great at protecting the rim.

Boris Diaw B
    Commendable aggression level on O; he fired enough shots to keep the Jazz honest. His passing -- particularly in the open court -- was a plus. On D, he was hit or miss. A few times, he just didn't offer enough resistance in the lane. He didn't rebound well… but at least his one board was a hotly contested one.

Cory Joseph C-
    Had the first crack at the backup PG spot. Unfortunately, he dropped the baton. He didn't look comfortable with the second unit. On O, it was as if he couldn't figure out how much of the pie was his -- which happens often with young PGs in new roles. On D, I liked his feistiness but he also had a couple miscues.

Nando De Colo B-
    He was another player Pop played at PG. He was better than Joseph -- but still didn't run a smooth attack. He was successful in bursts but his orchestration was lacking. That said, his passing was a strength and his D continues to show a streak of nastiness -- which undoubtedly helps his cause.

Stephen Jackson C+
    More missed shots. Even worse, it appears as if teammates are untrusting of his long-range shot so his mere presence is making the O stagnate at times. Despite that glaring flaw, he did do some good. His passing was nice and he defended with chutzpah.

Matt Bonner A-
    I really can't complain. On offense, he hit two clutch shots that tied the game in the fourth. He had an important pass. He gave everything he had defending the post. True, he got overwhelmed at times by Utah's athleticism and he failed to pull down a board -- but all in all I was happy with his performance.

DeJuan Blair C+
    Too many fouls -- and then added a technical foul to the mix. He was lively … but that liveliness wasn't always pointed in the right direction.

Pop C
    I didn't enjoy the 3-headed backup PG of Joseph, Ginobili and De Colo. With Leonard's hurt knee, him playing 32 of the final 35 minutes was questionable. Pushing Parker 37 minutes in his return was risky -- at least in my view. The playcalling was monotonous. That said, he pushed a lot of right buttons late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, timvp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TD too low
    TP/Splitter too high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right on the money, the Spurs looked impressive early first quarter & in OT. I just hope the sloppiness was due to Tony Parker returning. Really looking forward to how the team plays in next few days/games.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tiago Splitter B+
    His finishing hasn't been as good lately. I'm not ready to panic but he's missing more than usual lately. To me, it looks like he's trying to draw contact rather than concentrate on the finish. But everywhere else he was dandy. He rebounded well, passed spiffily and was great at protecting the rim.
    This is excellent news. Far too often, Splitter tries to avoid contact and compounds missing a shot with not drawing a foul. I'd much rather he spend some time working on ways not to come away with nothing. We all know he can go back to dodging if the whistles aren't friendly or if he just doesn't feel the timing coming together. The potential upside if he figures it out is pretty huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter is trying to score the Harden way instead of the LeBron way. IMO him striking a balance between attempting to finish and attempting to draw contact would significantly increase his scoring threat.

From the game, one would think it was Ginobili who missed 3 weeks with an ankle sprain and not Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good grades as always. Thanks.

I tell you, I hope the Lakers DO hold off Utah. The Jazz seem tougher and play with more heart than LA. While we'd beat them both in a series, I think team Kobe might be easier, massive talent or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good grades as always. Thanks.

I tell you, I hope the Lakers DO hold off Utah. The Jazz seem tougher and play with more heart than LA. While we'd beat them both in a series, I think team Kobe might be easier, massive talent or not.
    They've also got young, athletic talent in the post in Favors and Kanter. They just need a star-caliber perimeter player to complement those guys and Hayward/Burks and they're gonna make noise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With every passing game, I become more and more convinced that the Spurs' le hopes hinge on Kawhi playing like an All Star.

Not necessarily a bad thing tbh. I think he's up to the task.

Paranoid
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched the whole thing since the ILP is buggy right now but regarding Kawhi I agree, right now he's camping in the corner unless he can grab a defensive rebound, only then can he bring the ball up the court and do something with it. That's too restrictive but very Popesque... He's so rigid...

There's no excuse for the Spurs not coming out of the West this year, you can say what you want but Pop has all the tools at his disposal to do it especially since OKC got weaker, he can still treat KY like a rookie, play his beloved turd towers over a true center like Baynes and so on but if he doesn't make it to the Finals it's on him and you won't be able to tell me otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop subbing Duncan and Splitter for Diaw and Blair in the first was mind-boggling. How many examples of poor defense, ineffective offense and no rebounding does Pop need to see in order to figure out that combo is atrocious?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner A-
    I really can't complain. On offense, he hit two clutch shots that tied the game in the fourth. He had an important pass. He gave everything he had defending the post. True, he got overwhelmed at times by Utah's athleticism and he failed to pull down a board -- but all in all I was happy with his performance.
    Keep em As coming Timvp!

Manu Ginobili's bald spot chapnis's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with TPs minutes. He's been healthy for about a week, or at least that what I hear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson C+
    More missed shots. Even worse, it appears as if teammates are untrusting of his long-range shot so his mere presence is making the O stagnate at times. Despite that glaring flaw, he did do some good. His passing was nice and he defended with chutzpah.
    Jack didn't play in the second half. His minutes have been trending downward, but I can't recall the last time he didn't play in the second half of a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to learn to depend the obvious 3. We lost the last game at Utah on a last second shot. Tonight we're lucky it was for a tie or the grades would have been much lower. But the Lakers lost at home to lowly Wizards which is a consolation.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    What I wouldn't do to have last year'rs team back. The offense was better, the passing was better, movement without the ball was better, more depth, less TO's and last year's defense is slowly catching up to this year's. Things are going to have to change if this team is to be taken seriously come playoff time. Another game, another craptacular performance. If Manu doesn't gather himself by the time the playoffs start, the Spurs won't sniff the NBA finals.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 03-23-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Just agree, and shut up! celldweller's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair = F-, The miniute he walked in, the game changed. Millsap & Jefferson started playing like 7 footers!

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A+. You done good.

Tomorrow nite I'll need the same result.

Chop/chop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks timvp. Do you know anything about Neal? Last 2 or 3 games he isn't even in the 13 men roster

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^He back-sassed Poop--Poop blistered his ass (verbally) and sent him to the corn field. But, you know, it's (San Antonio) the asshole of the nation so there it's okay.

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the writeup Tim.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't able to watch the game, but it sounds like Kawhi really had a stellar one. It will be interesting to see in this upcoming off-season what the Spurs do to accommodate his growth from a personnel standpoint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the writeup Tim.
    Like clockwork and always funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spiffily done! Thanks, again!

Thread Information