Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya !!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He says the whole team is rested from not playing over the summer, and mentions himself, Manu, and Kawhi by name.

What about Diaw, Splitter, and Baynes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Parker is rested and plays like he did in 2012-2013, and not like he did this past season..

If he can bounce back, this will be the Spurs' best shot at repeating IMO..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He says the whole team is rested from not playing over the summer, and mentions himself, Manu, and Kawhi by name.

What about Diaw, Splitter, and Baynes?
    Diaw actually seems like the type of player that benefits from playing year-round to stay in shape, rather than resting IMO..he also doesn't have a ton of mileage on him IIRC..

Splitter is probably fine, his role doesn't command the type of required rest as a Ginobili or Parker..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope that he is right, but if he isn't, nothing can take away the awesome feeling of that championship last year. Nothing. Not ever. Not if they never win again. That was the best ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope that he is right, but if he isn't, nothing can take away the awesome feeling of that championship last year. Nothing. Not ever. Not if they never win again. That was the best ever.
    ^ this

It was a Hollywood ending for sure. Definitely the sweetest one of all!

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting to see if there are still hurt feelings between Manu and the Spurs when the season starts and if that affects any of the team chemistry. Manu's been super quiet since he announced he couldn't play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said it before...I expect parker to have a huge year this year. Dude was running on fumes by the end of last season year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Duncan said that I would believe, not Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting to see if there are still hurt feelings between Manu and the Spurs when the season starts and if that affects any of the team chemistry. Manu's been super quiet since he announced he couldn't play.
    IIRC, last word I heard is that he flew back to San Antonio to work on his rehab... likely with the Spurs training staff... so you can probably put that one to rest...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony did a bang up job trusting his teammates last season, hopefully that's here to stay, tbh... especially since his job security is not in jeopardy after signing that extension...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen! Unreal!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is the consummate pro.

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year will be the year of 2 players - Parker and Leonard..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YES.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are 100% correct, repeat or not that run they had after losing like they did in 013 was magical, period. That was our run we needed before the team fades into the night or the few we have left retire! That was the last run we needed to make our run complete IMO, now whatever happens is gravy.

WE GOT TO see our team win 5 rings in our lifetime! 5 RINGS, that is very hard to do and one short of the Great Jordan even, just one ring less than Mike Tim has! He has as many finals appearances as well, just incredible and you could not have told me this in 99 when they won their first (I was happy with just one then). I am thrilled to be a fan of this team, that last run was the icing on the cake for me and now they can ride off into the Sunset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that, I want to repeat. Put your money where your mouth is and get us that elusive repeat, TP!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's players on the team, Kawhi being one of them IMO, that I don't think are satisfied at all with just one. He/they know what's going on with the big 3 not being able able to play forever, so they're going to go hard/go all out to try and win again.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just stay healthy please.

OKC will probably imploded due to the contracts.

CLE will likely to have ed up moment from Love and Irving who both have zero playoffs experience. Hopefully playoffs tested vet like Marion, James Jones and Mike Miller are washed up by this stage of their career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see that he is confident, but Tony isn't the best person to make these kind of predictions...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like our chances if we stay healthy. Manu developing that stress fracture is going to make pop very cautious about his minutes.

OKC is still the only team I can see knocking us out in the west. The Clipper's don't have much outside of Griffin/Paul, McFail will continue to underachieve with whatever talent the Rockets have, the Grizz are not on our level and losing Miller (who played about the best he's played since his prime against OKC) will only make it harder, Portland is good but too thin on the bench, and the Mavs are fodder. Upsets can and do happen though so nothing is a given. The Warriors to me are the X factor team in the west If Kerr pans out and Bogut stays healthy because they've got a lot of talent.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know whether to consider Mavs the Dark House team...

They gained T.Chandler but they lost 2 wings in VC and Marion. However they still have Rick Carlise

Thread Information