Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olympic Bronze Medal showdown Australia v Spain

Newly acquired Pau Gasol was unstoppable with 31 points and 11 rebounds (12-15 FG) and Patty Mills went nuts for 30 points also.

A great sign of things to come for the Spurs hopefully. Gasol looked unstoppable against 2 very good, strong NBA bigs in Bogut and Baynes, I hope he rests up and has an unreal season in silver and black. Age isn't slowing him down. Hopefully we have the best interior 1-2 punch in the NBA with Gasol and LMA.

Patty Thrills deserves a starting gig in the NBA. He won't get that in San Antonio, ever. In the right situation he could contend for the scoring le on another team. I wonder if the Spurs will do anything with Patty with his stock running very high, (trade him for a more rounded PG or a solid big or solid backup SF, whoever) If we traded high on Patty we could get a young solid starting PG in return even relegating Tony to 6th man to dominate other benches. Manu did that all career, why not an aging Parker? Patty is too much of a SG and I feel we could get something descent in return for him. Nothing against Patty, we just don't use him to his capabilities, like I said before, if he goes somewhere (sorry Patty) he could contend for a scoring le and his NBA career will skyrocket. He'd probably enjoy that as much as contending for nba les as a role player. Like I said, he deserves a starting gig and he won't get that here. I'd love to see what he could pull off if he was a go to guy.

Great game, went down to the wire. Gasol dominated, Patty went nuts. It was great watching 2 new Spurs team mates play so well against each other. Great performances from our 2 Spurs. Well done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Patty Thrills deserves a starting gig in the NBA.
    Not as a PG and not for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, exactly what I was getting at.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is our best pg. I just see the same porker slurpers from 2 years ago saying that Patty isn't a pg just because he scores. Tony can't even score and is a ball dominant player that sucks at everything he does. He isn't even a good play maker. None of his plays get anyone open looks anymore. Same system worse player. He is a black hole and French slurpers be slurping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably too small to play the 2 as a primary role, even if he does have a shooting guard mentality.

Still, I'd be interested to see how he would do in a Steph Curry kind of role...being a primary option with a total green light. Not saying he would be anywhere as good as Curry as he doesn't have the same court vision, but he would definitely fill up the buckets.

Tough luck for Patty in this tourny. AUS came in touted as one of the most talented teams, and even as the one team that could possibly topple the US. Unfortunately anything can happen in elimination play...instead he and Baynsie will be coming home without a medal to show for it. Spain is always a handful even without Marc and Serge, and Serbia just kinda came out of nowhere and is playing great basketball.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    would start mills over parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would start mills over parker.
    I think Mills is probably the superior player to Parker, but his style of play wouldn't suit the starting lineup. He needs the ball in his hands and the green light to shoot, and that would take shots away from Aldridge, Kawhi, and Gasol. Thats why Mills plays well off the bench as the primary scoring option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably too small to play the 2 as a primary role, even if he does have a shooting guard mentality.

Still, I'd be interested to see how he would do in a Steph Curry kind of role...being a primary option with a total green light. Not saying he would be anywhere as good as Curry as he doesn't have the same court vision, but he would definitely fill up the buckets.
    Agreed. Patty is a shooter and should be allowed to shoot. That's his role. Stretch the defense and make buckets.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Mills is probably the superior player to Parker, but his style of play wouldn't suit the starting lineup. He needs the ball in his hands and the green light to shoot, and that would take shots away from Aldridge, Kawhi, and Gasol. Thats why Mills plays well off the bench as the primary scoring option.
    Except he is a WAY better spot up shooter and actually amplifies the spacing kawhi, gasol, lma would get. He can play without the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except he is a WAY better spot up shooter and actually amplifies the spacing kawhi, gasol, lma would get. He can play without the ball.
    Good point. And it's not like Parker doesn't take shots away from those guys either.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. And it's not like Parker doesn't take shots away from those guys either.
    The thing is, when Parker isn't involved in the offense you can see it affect his game. The possibility of sandbagging.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    parker's style of play suits the starting lineup less than mills' does.

with patty starting over parker the ball will be in kawhi's and lma's hands more. where it belongs. patty doesn't burn the shot clock down by over dribbling.

and now we have pau.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest problem we had last year vs the good teams was first quarter slumps. Tony ALWAYS initiated the offense and it never worked. We need the Spurs to go through Pau, LMA early and have Patty space the floor for them. Those guys aren't system players. They can get their own buckets with ease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the only point that matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ESP, not SPA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is our best pg. I just see the same porker slurpers from 2 years ago saying that Patty isn't a pg just because he scores. Tony can't even score and is a ball dominant player that sucks at everything he does. He isn't even a good play maker. None of his plays get anyone open looks anymore. Same system worse player.He is a black hole and French slurpers be slurping
    Racist pig

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part was racist you stupid ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part was racist you stupid ?
    Look above

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    French isn't a race you dumb .

You explain it to me.

Here I googled it for you.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...nch%20a%20race

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear, I educate lots of people on here...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    French isn't a race you dumb .

You explain it to me.

Here I googled it for you.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...nch%20a%20race

Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you were wrong then. I'm glad we worked that out. Anyone else?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you were wrong then. I'm glad we worked that out. Anyone else?
    U called him a black hole. That's pretty freakin racist.. & instead of trying to act smart on a sports forum, u should try getting out of mom's basement

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you think me saying "black hole" is the racist part. Usually people say he is a "black hole on offense/defense". I'm not talking about his skin you stupid .

Thread Information