Three And Counting ...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the fact Jerry West went to the Clippers. It weakens GS as a organization as a whole. This should be one of many things to go wrong for GS.
    I expect Mike Brown to get another head coaching job.
    More defections from the team like Iguadala , Thompson, etc.
    I don't think Steve Kerr will last much longer due to back problems, and GS drafting is going to slip as well.
    David Robinson said GS window would be small and close sooner than later. I think it closed that much more with West leaving.

What do you think?

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS has one more year in them before imploding

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's good to dream, brother

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's good to dream, brother
    For real. That team isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you have Durant, Curry, Thompson, and Donkeyface...you need a of a lot to go wrong before you have to start worrying.

If the Spurs can make the right moves this summer, I still think they can challenge them...but for the foreseeable future, the road to the le goes through Golden State.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the fact Jerry West went to the Clippers. It weakens GS as a organization as a whole. This should be one of many things to go wrong for GS.
    I expect Mike Brown to get another head coaching job.
    More defections from the team like Iguadala , Thompson, etc.
    I don't think Steve Kerr will last much longer due to back problems, and GS drafting is going to slip as well.
    David Robinson said GS window would be small and close sooner than later. I think it closed that much more with West leaving.

What do you think?
    Did David Robinson give reasons why he thinks their window in shorter than people think? I can't think of what his reasoning would be. Unless he thinks a few of their roles player leaving is enough to decimate them as their leaders aren't the toughest players around mentally. Guys like Durant aren't known for mental toughness, so maybe without a stacked team, they might start crumbling, however their talent advantage should still keep them up there over most teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did David Robinson give reasons why he thinks their window in shorter than people think?
    DRob probably spends less time thinking about this than we do.

And he gets quoted way more.

I wouldn't overanalyze his remarks.

Go Lakers/Giants/Yankees David Stern's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Seen this movie before from much better teams and actual dynasties. They'll win 1 more le at best and they will need more luck/breaks than ever to go their way to make that happen, then that will be that. Players will get in their 30's, salaries will get too high, egos will eventually get in the way, Kerr's days are numbered with his back, and the league will just catch up to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr's days are numbered with his back
    Post of truth. Especially Kerr part.

Only a few more months until his back starts leaking fluids again. The poor bas just won't to stay coach much longer given the grueling travel schedule.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seen this movie before from much better teams and actual dynasties. They'll win 1 more le at best and they will need more luck/breaks than ever to go their way to make that happen, then that will be that. Players will get in their 30's, salaries will get too high, egos will eventually get in the way, Kerr's days are numbered with his back, and the league will just catch up to them.
    Pretty much this. They have sky high arrogance right now and that arrogance will lead to hubris which will lead to lack of preparation which will lead to their eventual downfall.

Thread Information