Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    In a league where Mike Conley is the highest paid player in NBA history, Rubio has a better RPM the past TWO seasons & has been top two in DRPM during the same span: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rp...RPM/position/1

FiveThirtyEight’s CARMELO* projects Conley as an average starter while Rubio is projected to be a boarderline all-star: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...o/ricky-rubio/

The Wolves just drafted Chris Dunn who looks like the second coming of Westbrook so they are going to trade Rubio. He's only 25 & under contract for 3 more year on a salary that wouldn't net an average starting PG in 2017. If they can't landing Chris Paul next summer, I just hope PATFO dump Porker for Rubio. Their salaries are a perfect match: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qys5saf

BTW, Curry has his lowest career FG% against Rubio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can't project future success of a player unless unless you can measure work rate.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    you can't project future success of a player unless unless you can measure work rate.
    ...except he was rated better than the highest paid player in NBA history the past 2 seasons.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the same reason the white guy that shoots 3s for the cavs sucks when he went on to a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker isn't going to get traded. PATFO wouldn't trade him even if someone was crazy enough to want him on the team. He will play (or whatever that is what he does) basketball till he is 35 and that is if we are lucky. Get used to see his layups and floaters obliterated to the stands and people having career nights when he is guarding them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...except he was rated better than the highest paid player in NBA history the past 2 seasons.
    not sure how is your statement related to what i just said.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to wait till next off-season for a pg.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does OP ever watch any games? Rubio sucks. Can't shoot, dribble penetrate, can't finish. Average passer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/12...ympic-tune-up/

Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio injured his knee Tuesday and had to leave Spain’s 85-61 win over Angola, according to Eurobasket.com.

The severity of Rubio’s injury, suffered during an Olympic tune-up, wasn’t immediately known. The Wolves point guard tore his anterior cruciate ligament during his rookie season in 2012 and missed the start of the 2012-13 season.

Rubio returned to play 82 games in 2013-14, but a foot injury kept him out of all but 22 contests in 2014-15. He played in 76 games last season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats never give you the full picture, like some used to argue or point to at +/- but on some nights that statistic would suggest that the Red Mamba was the best Spur on the court and we all know that is never the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a league where Mike Conley is the highest paid player in NBA history, Rubio has a better RPM the past TWO seasons & has been top two in DRPM during the same span: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rp...RPM/position/1

FiveThirtyEight’s CARMELO* projects Conley as an average starter while Rubio is projected to be a boarderline all-star: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...o/ricky-rubio/

The Wolves just drafted Chris Dunn who looks like the second coming of Westbrook so they are going to trade Rubio. He's only 25 & under contract for 3 more year on a salary that wouldn't net an average starting PG in 2017. If they can't landing Chris Paul next summer, I just hope PATFO dump Porker for Rubio. Their salaries are a perfect match: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qys5saf

BTW, Curry has his lowest career FG% against Rubio.
    Hopefully Gasoft nets us Rubio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rubio, despite the horrible shooting, would improve the Spurs over TP. That's not a question IMO especially since TP is not scoring much either these days and SA got Gasol for more offensive punch over Tim.

Having Tim and TP was tough on the offense especially with Danny not hitting shots. With Pau over Tim and a likely resurgence from Danny, getting Rubio would improve the SL even more.

However, not likely at all and I don' think SA would have the assests anyways to pull of a trade (that part is just my opinion - not sure what the market is for Rubio or if MIN is even really going to trade him).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rubio, despite the horrible shooting, would improve the Spurs over TP. That's not a question IMO especially since TP is not scoring much either these days and SA got Gasol for more offensive punch over Tim.

Having Tim and TP was tough on the offense especially with Danny not hitting shots. With Pau over Tim and a likely resurgence from Danny, getting Rubio would improve the SL even more.

However, not likely at all and I don' think SA would have the assests anyways to pull of a trade (that part is just my opinion - not sure what the market is for Rubio or if MIN is even really going to trade him).

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our new Pg would improve the SL. Not saying much guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does OP ever watch any games? Rubio sucks. Can't shoot, dribble penetrate, can't finish. Average passer.
    According to OP Matt Bonner is an all star since his stats are so magical.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Rubio has said he wants to play in the postseason so he won't most likely be traded to a ty team & the Spurs are really the only legit playoff team w/ a MAJOR need for a PG upgrade. (The Rockets could use an upgrade but Rubio wouldn't be a good fit w/ Harden since he's a ball hog)

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Stats never give you the full picture, like some used to argue or point to at +/- but on some nights that statistic would suggest that the Red Mamba was the best Spur on the court and we all know that is never the case.
    +/- is the tiest stats in the books & I NEVER used it.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 07-12-2016 at 06:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking about other PGs options with Parker on the team doesn't make sense. The Spurs won't trade Parker. Ever.

We have to wait till next off-season for a pg.
    Like the Spurs would trade Parker next season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rubio has said he wants to play in the postseason so he won't most likely be traded to a ty team & the Spurs are really the only legit playoff team w/ a MAJOR need for a PG upgrade. (The Rockets could use an upgrade but Rubio wouldn't be a good fit w/ Harden since he's a ball hog)
    Well It's not about what Rubio or the Spurs want. Sure, I can see SA wanting him and they have a need. It's about what MIN wants for Rubio and what assets does SA have?

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This belongs in the NBA forum. It exists for a reason. Way too emotional time for these ty threads up here. NBA forum.

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see Pop today? . TP is never going to be traded get ing over it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather than traded, I think the odds are better that Parker becomes the new Manu and slides to the bench once Manu retires. Let him lead a second unit where he can hero ball to his heart's content. He doesn't need to be taking so many touches away from Leonard, Aldridge, and Gasol. Let Mills go, bring in a younger more legitimate starting point guard, and slide Parker to the bench for a solid 20-25 minutes a night. Parker, Bertans, and Dedmon could make a nice little trio to built a bench unit around.

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Rubio is way more than an average passer idiot. His lack of shot limits what he can get but the ability is there. From the 5 Wolves games I watched during last season I noticed that he got 8+ assists without having the ball a lot in his hands in 4 of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see Pop today? . TP is never going to be traded get ing over it.
    I missed it, what did Pop say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I'll take rubio any day of the week, twice on Sunday

Thread Information