Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Controversy erupted in September when parents observed Prosper High School principal Greg Wright speak to students about how his Christian faith inspires him and what prayer means in his daily life,*reported KXAS in Dallas. A parent complainant, Janie Oyakawa, said the principal's participation would alienate non-Christian students.

She filed a complaint to the FFRF—an organization that had made Texas headlines before for challenging religious expressions in public ins utions. In 2015, it filed complaints against an East Texas school districts*for daily Bible readings*with morning announcements, and later against a North Texas police department for printing "In God We Trust" on fleet vehicles.

RELATED:*Texas police chief tersely defends 'In God We Trust' decals

In*a September 28 letter*to Prosper ISD, the FFRF wrote, "School staffers cannot lead, encourage, or participate in student-led religious activities. And any religious event or religious clubs at a PISD school must be genuinely student led."

http://m.chron.com/news/houston-texa...nd-6591201.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll never get actively involved with these rabble rousers but I approve.

Amen.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He showed up at a pre-school prayer rally and talked about his faith. This is different from leading a prayer over a loudspeaker during school. Silly fight to pick.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    " Controversy erupted in September when parents observed Prosper High School principal Greg Wright speak to students about how his Christian faith inspires him and what prayer means in his daily life,*reported KXAS in Dallas. A parent complainant, Janie Oyakawa, said the principal's participation would alienate non-Christian students.

She filed a complaint to the FFRF—an organization that had made Texas headlines before for challenging religious expressions in public ins utions. In 2015, it filed complaints against an East Texas school districts*for daily Bible readings*with morning announcements, and later against a North Texas police department for printing "In God We Trust" on fleet vehicles.

RELATED:*Texas police chief tersely defends 'In God We Trust' decals

In*a September 28 letter*to Prosper ISD, the FFRF wrote, "School staffers cannot lead, encourage, or participate in student-led religious activities. And any religious event or religious clubs at a PISD school must be genuinely student led."

http://m.chron.com/news/houston-texa...nd-6591201.php
    When my non-Christian self doesn't want to feel alienated by Christians I simply avoid prayer gatherings. The anti-Christians are ass bat crazy as the Christians.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He showed up at a pre-school prayer rally and talked about his faith. This is different from leading a prayer over a loudspeaker during school. Silly fight to pick.
    It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but at the end of the day, he shouldn't be there preaching in his official capacity as public school principal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The anti-Christians are ass bat crazy as the Christians.
    The difference being one group leaning on the Bible for guidance, the other group leaning on the Cons ution.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'll never get actively involved with these rabble rousers but I approve.

Amen.
    Why not? Tyrone won't let you out of the cucktainer to work with them?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The difference being one group leaning on the Bible for guidance, the other group leaning on the Cons ution.
    In this case one group sought to be offended. Don't want to hear a prayer in the morning and feel alienated as an athirst don't attend the ing morning prayer group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? Tyrone won't let you out of the cucktainer to work with them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ on cue, like cuckwork

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this case one group sought to be offended. Don't want to hear a prayer in the morning and feel alienated as an athirst don't attend the ing morning prayer group.
    If an atheist kid is going to school early and walks by to hear the principal preaching on school grounds, he has a cons utional right to be offended.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If an atheist kid is going to school early and walks by to hear the principal preaching on school grounds, he has a cons utional right to be offended.
    Or don't be a got and continue about your day like every other unoffended atheist kid that walked by the same prayer group did that morning. I'm so tired of the pussification of society. Everything is now offensive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A govt employee promoting a religion on govt property is illegal, pussies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or don't be a got and continue about your day like every other unoffended atheist kid that walked by the same prayer group did that morning. I'm so tired of the pussification of society. Everything is now offensive.
    meh. there's just no need for it.

If it was a Muslim preaching principal and a bunch of Christians got upset, I bet you wouldn't call them pussies. But we'll never know so that's that.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    meh. there's just no need for it.

If it was a Muslim preaching principal and a bunch of Christians got upset, I bet you wouldn't call them pussies. But we'll never know so that's that.
    You are right I wouldn't call them pussies I would call the complaining Christian a got. Equal opportunity basher here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right I wouldn't call them pussies I would call the complaining Christian a got. Equal opportunity basher here.
    well you have that right to call them gots and pussies. But you lose that right as a school principal.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    well you have that right to call them gots and pussies. But you lose that right as a school principal.
    Aren't your kids at at private Christian school?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    When your children come home from school do you do a daily unindoctrination and let them know that the school daddy is paying for so they can have good teachers and better classmates is really full of crazy people who hate blacks and love guns?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pussy , quite honestly. Stop being offended by the vast majority of people who believe in God.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pussy , quite honestly. Stop being offended by the vast majority of people who believe in God.
    straw man. the offense is a taxpayer-paid employee, in official authority, preaching on govt property to kids.

Govt employees can believe in whatever religious , but don't preach, proselytize on govt property to public school kids.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are some absolutely fantastic private Christian schools.
    In SA and surrounding areas anyways.

Just because they teach about Christ does not automatically mean one can't get a good education.
    But why am I responding to you...

This is for the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    went to a private catholic school. It's what made me atheist tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When your children come home from school do you do a daily unindoctrination and let them know that the school daddy is paying for so they can have good teachers and better classmates is really full of crazy people who hate blacks and love guns?
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    went to a private catholic school. It's what made me atheist tbh
    I went to private Christian school too.

I encourage my kid to keep asking questions in Bible class when something doesn't make sense.

Thread Information