Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf ESPN?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...sportscenterFB

For the fourth straight year, ESPN.com and the TrueHoop Network are ranking every NBA player and counting them down on Twitter (@ESPNNBA) from No. 500 to No. 1.

We asked our ESPN Forecast panel to predict the overall level of play for each player for the upcoming NBA season. This includes both the quality and the quan y of his expected contributions, combined in one overall rating.

As the rankings are announced, you also can find them here on the pages of ESPN.com.

The players on our list keep getting better and better and we'll be revealing them one at a time on Twitter, continuing the countdown until Oct. 28, opening night in the NBA.

Today we roll out player No. 3: New Orleans Pelicans power forward Anthony Davis.

What is #NBArank?

#NBArank is the Twitter hashtag to use if you want to get involved in the discussion or just follow along.

You also can follow along @ESPNNBA.
    How did we rank the players?

We asked our ESPN Forecast panel to rate each player on a 0-to-10 scale, in terms of "the overall level of play for each player for the upcoming NBA season."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's worthy. i'd take him over cp3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's worthy. i'd take him over cp3
    That's surprising. Would you take him over Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard, or even Steph Curry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's surprising. Would you take him over Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard, or even Steph Curry?
    i'd take lebron and durant over him from that list

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of those players I'd only take James and Durant over Davis for next season.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe they have Durant listed at #8. Guess that leaves cp0 as #2.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    AD is the real deal. At 21 years old, he's going to have a decade of elite play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I would take Aldridge over Davis for next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Premature but certainly possible in a year or so

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A b t high based on current value. But tbh, after Lebron and Durant there is not ANYONE else I would consider for a full max contract (years and money) I know others get them ...but Davis has tremendous upside plays both ends and is improving on offense. My only concern is the way he falls. When I watch him play it reminds me of young James worthy he was also long lean and explosive and ended up breaking his leg early in his career. I hope he does not, but if healthy he is the guy I would want most to build my team around after the big 2. After I would say Blake, CP3, Steph all deserve consideration, but I would take Davis.

Doesnt mean he is the third best player currently...but I would gamble in 3 years he can be.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can't believe they have Durant listed at #8. Guess that leaves cp0 as #2.
    They did a re-vote after his injury. He was #2 in the original. One of the eSPN voters discussed this in a chat last week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with Davis being #3, except that means CP3 is #2, and I just don't think he's worth that.

Not much of an issue with Durant at #8 due to his injury, and if the rumors of that injury would affect his jumpshot, KD will be a LOT lower than #8 in future years, so let's hope he is fine and that the injury is minor.

Assuming the injury for KD is serious, my top 3 is Lebron, Davis and Griffin (maybe Westbrook). Of course, if KD is fine, or even has a minor setback due to the injury, he'd still be my number 2, and Davis, Griffin and Westbrook will be bumped down one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is that like a fantasy list or something? because if it is for actual winning impact than

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is that like a fantasy list or something? because if it is for actual winning impact than
    Yeah, those 21 year olds with 0 other all-nba bodies on their team should just go off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year:

LeBron - no
    Durant - No
    Westbrook - yes
    Melo - Yes
    Dirk - Yes
    Howard - Yes, probably
    Steph - Yes

Career:

LeBron - Push
    Durant - Push
    Everyone else: yes.

Legit 7's that play D and can score are insanely rare in this league. This dude is going to be the best big in the NBA over the next decade. What is that worth to you guys? I love Steph Curry but Davis is a machine and he's only going to get better. He's worth more than any player in the league until 2024 and even a bit beyond that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, those 21 year olds with 0 other all-nba bodies on their team should just go off.
    jrue holiday is an all star and eric gordon is one of the better sg in the league, so there is not much of an excuse this year for AD. Now one thing is potential, one thing is current ability, AD currently is nothing special he can't carry his team for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jrue holiday is an all star and eric gordon is one of the better sg in the league, so there is not much of an excuse this year for AD. Now one thing is potential, one thing is current ability, AD currently is nothing special he can't carry his team for now.
    I mean, Duncan is an all-timer but he also had 50 to guide him in his formative NBA years. How invaluable was that? I don't think it's a knock on AD that he can't carry his team yet at 21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eric Gordon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Duncan is an all-timer but he also had 50 to guide him in his formative NBA years. How invaluable was that? I don't think it's a knock on AD that he can't carry his team yet at 21.
    that's exactly my point, if you're #3 or even better, you have to carry your team to the play offs, period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid is a phenom but a little bit unproven imo. People rating him in the top 5 or even top 10 are jumping the gun, unless potential is being used a major factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry
    KD
    Melo

0 defense, they're automatically off my list.

Westbrook as good as he is, will always be a ' . I pick AD.

Howard, nah, this guy is a mental midget, doesn't really play defense like he used to either, straight up lazy. AD over Howard.

Dirk, maybe over Davis, that guy is always dangerous, average defense and unstoppable offensively at times, proven playoff performer time and time again. Very hard to guard unless you've got a Splitter.

Lebron, best in the nba.

Davis gives you elite defense+offense, and can make a huge impact on everyone on the court with his shot blocking.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know where the Duncan comparison comes from apart from their demeanour. Their games are the opposite - Davis is a face up big, Duncan back to the basket for the majority of his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #3 might be a little high for a young guy like AD....but it's not that far off. (I think it's spot-on actually)

I would take him over CP3, Dirk, Howard, Melo, Steph, etc. Basically anyone not named KD or LBJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he played a full season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ppl say AD cant carry his team to a playoff spot, his playin in the west

if u go by no conference standings and go overall record standing 1-16 playoff spots, then they probably take a eastern team spot...

Thread Information