My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6. Tiago Splitter & Matt Bonner for Anderson Varejao- http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cbnujb3
    Varejao would be a great fit for the spurs he is a great pick and roll defender and plays smart physical defense. He also draws a ton of charges, & rebounds. He would also significantly improve the Spurs big man rotation (defensively at least). With Duncan & Diaw (who has played surprisingly well defending both Centers & PF's). Throw in Varejao for 25 minutes a game as a backup center (for long stretches of game time) Have Diaw (stagger his minutes) and Jackson split time behind Duncan.

The Cavs are rebuilding and have alot of young cheap talent in Irving, Thompson, Waiters, & Zeller. Moving Varejao would help clear out even more cap space that they could use elsewhere (maybe go after Tyreke Evans as a RFA). Varejao has two years remaining and is the teams highest paid player at more than $8 million dollars. Splitter could start immediately and is young enough and talented enough to help accelerate their rebuild. Bonner is...Bonner and could be waived at the end of the season. The spurs shouldn't need to part with a pick in this deal given how much Cleveland could save in this deal (almost $12 million, if the the cut Bonner and resign Splitter).

7. Matt Bonner, Dejuan Blair & Gary Neal for Tayshaun Prince-http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c3fo8rk
    Prince isn't nearly as good as he once was however he can still defend especially with his length (7'3 arm-span) he is a good 3pt shooter and has a ton of playoff experience. Aside from Neal we wouldn't be losing a ton of production Blair plays sporadically, & Bonner is hot, cold. Prince could be useful in 20 minute spurts without seeing more drop off on defense.

Neal and Blair could both stick in Detroit, Bonner could be out of luck. The Pistons could clear more cap space by moving Prince's contract and use the cap to sign solid role players to help Monroe.

8. Stephen Jackson, Dejuan Blair, 2nd round pick for Paul Milsap, & Raja Bell. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4ferkz
    Probably the best move for the spurs overall. Jackson is one of my favorite players but contract is very easy to trade, especially at the deadline. Millsap is the definition of a hard-worker after being taken with the 46th pick on the 2004 draft he has averaged 12.5 ppg nearly 10rpg in 27 mpg for his career. He had a career year last season averaging 16.8 ppg and 8.8 rpg as a 2nd option. He would likely start next to Duncan and could provide excellent interior scoring as a 52% career shooter. Bell would be a decent backup SF.

Utah would be renting Jackson and could let him walk in the off season. Blair could find a role in Utah as a backup big man. Utah would also get a 2nd round pick to go along with their likely lottery pick. Millsap has already turned down an extension to test FA. Favors should start and Kantor needs more consistent minutes to develop. Moving Millsap would allow to get something in return for him.

9. Stephen Jackson, & Tiago Splitter for Josh Smith-http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ahnelea
    Josh Smith is one most versatile player in the league last season he average 18.8 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 3.9 apg, & 1.7 bpg. He would be an excellent fit alongside Duncan as an excellent shot blocker, & rebound a good passer and a versatile scorer who thrives in transition.

Josh Smith would likely try free agency, though most big markets don't have any cap space. Splitter would give Atlanta their fabled starting Center (they've been searching for a true center longer than we have). His per 36 last season was over 17 ppg and 10 rpg. Paired with All star Al Horford they would have a stronger front court. Jackson is another expiring contract for Atlanta (along with Devin Harris) They would continue to clear out cap space and rebuild around Teague and Horford.

10. Dejuan Blair, & Gary Neal for Larry Sanders-http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aez9qdj
    Sanders is tall and can block shots. For his career he is averaging 1.5 bpg in 13.5 mpg. He could be paired with Splitter to create a big and physical 2nd unit. He could also provide another 7'0 to throw at Dwight Howard.

Sanders is having a good season so far but when The Bucks sit 7 games out of the playoffs at the deadline the might be willing to deal him and play John Henson more. Blair could become a rotation player for Milwaukee and could help a mediocre offensive team. Neal is a lethal scorer and outside of Ellis & Jennings, they don't have a ton of wing scoring.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that any of these are particularly likely but trade 7 is ridiculous. Trade two of our bigs and our current backup point guard for an aging small forward whose contract is set to go up over the next two seasons beyond this one?

Duncan/Splitter
    Diaw
    Kawhi/Jax/Prince
    Green/Manu
    Tony/Mills/De Colo

This is a lineup that is better than the current one? Not a chance. I think the spurs will hold tight for now and see what develops from this roster. Right now other than the glaring problem with our bigs it is not easy to tell what weaknesses the team actually has. We can''t properly assess the backup point guard situation or how strong our defense is. Give it some time and lets see what this group has got before making any moves. And I know Jax contract is very tradeable but he is a huge part of the team. He brings toughness, experience and is a fan favorite. I am not against moving him but only if it drastically improved the big man situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none of the trades make sense, especially the varajao trade, why would cavs trade away that piece thats helping them win games for 2 wankers?

trading jax? hahaha gtfo. his the only one of the team that gives more effort than anyone on the roster who gives a damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked that Larry Sanders honestly. He's putting up good numbers recently. And that guy is tall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't trade Jax. Need him to keep the team from going charmin soft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take Amir Johnson, Andy Varajeo, Larry Sanders, Patrick Patterson or pretty much anyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade proposal #7 is just as ridiculous as #3. Much like Thomas, Prince is a declining player. While he's smarter than Thomas, he's also probably closer to the end of his career than Thomas. In short, trading for a declining player is a short-sighted idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..........and the le of the thread is to help the Spurs, not hurt the Spurs, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..........and the le of the thread is to help the Spurs, not hurt the Spurs, right?
    Could help. You realize most of the players on our team I'm proposing we trade are replaceable.
    Bonner- Jackson and Diaw make him obsolete in small ball lineups.
    Blair-Splitter and Diaw could easily handle the 10mpg he already plays
    Neal-Mills and Joseph could handle the back up PG
    Splitter-is talented but replaceable would you really want to pay him a 5.5 million dollar qualifying offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade proposal #7 is just as ridiculous as #3. Much like Thomas, Prince is a declining player. While he's smarter than Thomas, he's also probably closer to the end of his career than Thomas. In short, trading for a declining player is a short-sighted idea.
    I was reaching a little bit, sure but Neal is the only player really of value being shipped in that deal and he is stuck in between to positions and can't even get 20mpg. Prince provides yet another player to guard Durant. I'm not denying he is on the decline but you could've said the same with Captain Jack before we got em. Tyrus Thomas would be worth a shot and we would get Jackson in that deal thats far from a bad proposal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't trade Jax. Need him to keep the team from going charmin soft.
    I hate seeing fans wanting to trade Jax. I get his trade value, but the guy personifies everything the Spurs need and he's so devoted to the team. Spurs were so lucky to get him back. I personally want him to retire here with Timmy and Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On my screen, it shows up as "5 More Trades That cd021 Fed Through ESPN'S Trade Machine That Got Rid of Bonner, Blair, or Neal That Actually Were Accepted By The Trade Machine and Led To A Positive Win Projection that cd012 Then Justified In Whatever Way He Could."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Larry Sanders trade proposal is legit, tbh, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would modify trade 10 to have us ship out Blair and Cory Joseph for Sanders. Neal...you keep in a glass case labeled "Break in case of needed clutch".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate seeing fans wanting to trade Jax. I get his trade value, but the guy personifies everything the Spurs need and he's so devoted to the team. Spurs were so lucky to get him back. I personally want him to retire here with Timmy and Manu.
    Jackson is actually one of my favorite players but if we could get someone like Paul Milsap in a trade involving him i'd be for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would modify trade 10 to have us ship out Blair and Cory Joseph for Sanders. Neal...you keep in a glass case labeled "Break in case of needed clutch".
    I was actually going to put Joseph in this trade but the trade machine wouldn't let me. Neal does miss a ton of late game free throws through.

Thread Information