My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or perhaps he's suggesting the south should have compromised on slavery?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump gives me a headache. Reading his reminds me of high school where the teacher tells you to write a 2 page essay on some and you're just rambling and making up trying to fill space up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yˋall ignorants elected an ignorant, corrupt, treasonous sicko, but yˋall white male supremacists defeated a ing woman, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andrew Jackson is the only president to ever balance the books and deliver a surplus. Andrew Jackson was so good at his job that the bankers tried to have him assassinated.

Andrew Jackson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deficits dont matter, AJ was genocidal

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Andrew Jackson is the only president to ever balance the books and deliver a surplus. Andrew Jackson was so good at his job that the bankers tried to have him assassinated.

Andrew Jackson
    Makes me wonder how Obama would have done if he could have enslaved white people and driven everyone else into Oklahoma.

Also, lol the most fiscally responsible President was a Democrat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes me wonder how Obama would have done if he could have enslaved white people and driven everyone else into Oklahoma.
    Obama didn't do but weaken our borders and everyone on healthcare and he had 8 years

Yes we can! (thank you Satan!)
    Change we can believe in
    Our first lady was a tranny
    "at least I will go down as a President" (drops mic; seals clap and bark)
    Democrats falling for the same every election cycle

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Obama didn't do but weaken our borders and everyone on healthcare and he had 8 years

Yes we can! (thank you Satan!)
    Change we can believe in
    Our first lady was a tranny
    "at least I will go down as a President" (drops mic; seals clap and bark)
    Democrats falling for the same every election cycle
    On brand!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris and other ST Trash-normalizing assholes would go nutz with joy, delirious if Trash declared martial law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris and other ST Trash-normalizing assholes would go nutz with joy, delirious if Trash declared martial law.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson ‘was a white supremacist among white supremacists’: Charles Blow schools Lord on Trump’s revisionism

Blow on Monday railed into the president’s Jackson praise, noting “the only acceptable resolution for the Civil War was the abolition of slavery.”

“What would Jackson’s compromise position have been?” Blow asked. “Some sort of semi-slavery?”

“Andrew Jackson is also the person responsible for the Indian Removal program in the South that forcibly removed Indians from their lands and included the Trail of Tears when thousands of Indians died being marched West of the Mississippi,” Blow said.

“This man was a white supremacist among white supremacists.”

“This is not the man who could have solved the slave issue in a way that would have been amenable to people who look like me,” he added.

“Trash doesn’t know anything about history, and refuses to read the history of the presidents that came before him,” Blow continued.

“This is what you get when you have a president who doesn’t read,”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/jackson-was-a-white-supremacist-among-white-supremacists-charles-blow-schools-lord-on-trumps-revisionism/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

You Repugs are the party of racists, not the party of Lincoln or abolition.

btw, where did Trash's interest, even knowledge of AJ come from?

=======================

Steve Bannon Pushed Trump to Go Full Andrew Jackson

When President Donald J. Trump tweeted a photo of himself solemnly saluting Andrew Jackson at the deceased president’s Nashville tomb, it was all part of Stephen K. Bannon’s populist (racist) plan.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...andrew-jackson

less Trash adores autocratic, dictating, murderous strong men, like Putin, Duterte,
    kim jong il, Andrew Jackson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racists, Slavery Apologists, And White Nationalists Knew Exactly What Trump Was Saying About The Civil War

President Donald Trump’s comments about the Civil War in a recent interview, in which he diminished the impact of slavery ahead of the war and praised former President Andrew Jackson, echo sentiments of white nationalist media and signify yet another instance of intermingling between Trump and his nativist fans.

But as historians warned would happen, white nationalist media figures praised his comments, saying that

Trump was “right about the UnCivil War” and that “none of the modern wars have advanced the White race and our shared civilization.”

By questioning the cause of the Civil War,

Trump was blowing a dog whistle to white nationalist media figures and neo-Confederates, tacitly supporting the revisionist history they promote.

The white nationalist website

VDare, for example, has
    claimed that the idea that the Civil War was meant to “preserve the Union and free the slaves” is a “lie.”

White nationalists have also attempted to dismiss the traumas of

slavery, writing that it
    “wasn’t as bad as you were taught.”

So when Trump suggested that the war could have been avoided or that the cause was unknown, he was echoing

the sentiments of white nationalists by diminishing the impact slavery had in the United States.

Trump’s repeated praise for Jackson has drawn support of white nationalist media figures who are similarly drawn to Jackson.

White nationalist websites like

The Daily Stormer have praised Jackson for kicking Native Americans off their land, writing, “They were killing kids, raping and killing women – it was a horrorshow (sic) with
    these tree-monkeys (sic).”

The white nationalist website Infostormer called Jackson “a legitimate bad ass,”

When Trump praises Jackson, white nationalists take note. After Trump hung a portrait of the late president in the Oval Office,

Infostormer said it was “great news” because “there is a good chance Trump plans on shaping his presidency to be in the same vein as Jackson[’s].”

When Trump visited Jackson’s tomb, Infostormer lauded Trump for “recognizing the greatness that was Andrew Jackson.”

Trump has had a long history of interacting with white nationalist media figures. His latest comments are yet another wink and nod to his nativist supporters.

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/0...rica+-+Blog%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're dumb as , lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Twisted History: His Presidential Idol Andrew Jackson Paved The Road To The Civil War By Suppressing The Abolitionists

“had Andrew Jackson been around, you wouldn’t have had a civil war.” That isn’t convincing many people. Even Breitbart News found it “puzzling.”

The truth is that Americans went to war over slavery in 1861 because

those who sought a peaceful solution had been systematically suppressed for decades by leaders in Washington—starting with President Andrew Jackson.

Such historical polemics are not important because they reveal Trump’s limited understanding of Jackson, his favorite president.

They matter because Trump’s answer, intentionally or unintentionally,

glosses over Jackson’s attack on American democratic norms in the 1830s, just as Trump seeks to gloss over his own attacks on democracy today.

Trump, like most Americans, is largely ignorant of Jackson’s uncons utional suppression of the anti-slavery movement in the 1830s.

The anti-slavery movement emerged as a potent political force in 1833 with the creation of the American Anti-Slavery Society.

Originally consisting of 10 chapters in Massachusetts, the society grew to 200 chapters nationwide two years later.

Jackson used every tool at his command to blunt this burgeoning movement, which was the first mass membership interest group in American politics.

(Francis Scott) Key, the man who celebrated the “land of the free and the home of the brave,” had no problem with

enforcing white supremacy at the behest of Jackson.

When the abolitionists launched a mass mailing of anti-slavery literature in the summer of 1835, a white mob in Charleston, South Carolina trashed the post office to prevent their delivery.

With Jackson’s blessing, Postmaster General Amos Kendall sanctioned this attack on the freedom of the mail, and Jackson urged Congress to pass legislation outlawing anti-slavery publications.

Jackson’s action “may well have been the largest peacetime violation of civil liberty in U.S. history,”

http://www.nationalmemo.com/trumps-t...abolitionists/

No doubt, the white male supremacists know the full history of Jackson as white male supremacist who violated US law to suppress the abolitionists.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FOURTH-GRADE CLASS TOURING WHITE HOUSE ANSWERS TRUMP’S QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CIVIL WAR

WASHINGTON —A class of fourth-grade students touring the White House on Monday had a chance encounter with Donald Trump and were able to answer several of his questions about the Civil War.

The students, on a field trip organized by their Bethesda, Maryland, elementary school, happened upon Trump outside the Oval Office and “cleared a lot of things up for him,” their teacher said.

After Trump invited the children into his office, the ten-year-olds briefed him on the causes of the Civil War, including slavery, states’ rights, and regional economic differences.

“It was really cool,” Tracy Klugian, who had done a diorama about the Civil War while in third grade, said.

“Someday I’ll be able to tell my kids that I met the President and taught him about history.”

But another student in the class, Zach Dorrinson, said that his attempt to explain the abolitionist movement to Trump was not successful.

“He needs to learn how to sit still for longer without fidgeting,” the fourth-grader said.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/fourth-grade-class-touring-white-house-answers-trumps-questions-about-civil-war

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is giving Trump too much benefit of the doubt that he even knows enough about US History to mean that, directly or indirectly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're dumb as , lol.
    Coming from the biggest dumb on the board thats a compliment

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming from the biggest dumb on the board thats a compliment
    Beats being a re drone who cant come up with his own original thoughts.

Needing Alex Jones to give you the morning talking points.
    But...but Obama is satan

Honestly, the less you post the less unintelligent you'll come as.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Beats being a re drone who cant come up with his own original thoughts.

Needing Alex Jones to give you the morning talking points.
    But...but Obama is satan

Honestly, the less you post the less unintelligent you'll come as.
    my favorite Chris post is in the Gorsuch thread where he goes "For me, after doing my research, I personally think Gorsuch is a great pick because..." and he proceeds to rattle off the most blatantly obvious copypasta straight from Fox News or some conservative Reddit post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump gives me a headache. Reading his reminds me of high school where the teacher tells you to write a 2 page essay on some and you're just rambling and making up trying to fill space up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my favorite Chris post is in the Gorsuch thread where he goes "For me, after doing my research, I personally think Gorsuch is a great pick because..." and he proceeds to rattle off the most blatantly obvious copypasta straight from Fox News or some conservative Reddit post.
    bro what are you saying he's going to defend the cons ution (in a way that conforms to my world view)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he must copy and paste there's no way he could have a thought and articulate it on a message board

I'm so blatantly partisan I can't see the forest through the trees

The Cons ution is an outdated do ent written by slaveowners

Let's try Communism

#StillWithHer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Party of Lincoln

Republican Leaders Suggest Continuation Of Slavery Preferable To Civil War

Kelly’s position is far from unique in today’s GOP; former Sen. Tom Coburn expressed similar sentiments in a book published this year.

As I noted in an article for Political Research Associates’ The Public Eye magazine, Coburn is advocating for a “convention of states” to propose cons utional amendments that would radically upend our current cons utional order and replace it with one focused on states’ rights.

In “Smashing the DC Monopoly: Using Article V to Restore Freedom and Stop Runaway Government,” Coburn:

…cites Jefferson Davis lamenting in his memoirs that the Civil War might have been avoided had a convention of states been assembled “to consider the relations of the various States and the Government of the Union”–

in other words, he believed war could have been avoided if states had approved

a cons utional amendment preserving chattel slavery in southern states and allowed its expansion in southwestern territories.

Other political leaders at the time agreed, says Coburn, adding, “If their assessment was correct, then the events of the time show us that there can be far greater risks in failing to call a convention than in calling one.”

a cons utional compromise that would have explicitly allowed continued slavery in the South, with expansion in the Southwest—known as the Crittenden compromise—would have been an outcome preferable to war.

Kelly’s comments are the latest reminder that Donald Trump and his allies at Breitbart have

energized white nationalists and white supremacists,

boosted their ability to recruit, and

given them a damaging and divisive public spotlight

that will poison our political culture for years to come.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/r...-to-civil-war/

So you ST racist Nazis are in fact are in, support the party of racism and pro-slavery.

Thread Information