San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born: May 8, 1986
    Height: 6-6 / 1.98
    Weight: 190 lbs. / 86.2 kg.
    College: Louisiana State
    Years Pro: R

Info
    Last edited by Bruno; 11-14-2010 at 09:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy's a 'fit'.

He's a long 6-5 and he's got a bit of a Doug Christie feel; I like his potential to be a solid role player and a good compliment to Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes yeys yes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him. Particularly at the current price-point. He's an asset defensively, and is not useless at the other end of the floor.
    I will also note, that Pop really likes combo guards. Hill is 1/2, Garrett is a 1/2. Mason was a 1/2 (is currently a 0), Ginobili is a 2 who can play the 1, Barry was a 2 who could play the 1, Parker is a 1 who plays a lot like a 2... Pop really likes to be able to put 2 guys who can switch point responsibilities between them out there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree..

I think he'll compete for the 1/2, I don't see him being primarily a swingman though..he's too skinny IMO..I know Bowen played around that weight, but Bruce was obviously one of a kind..

I like him competing for the same type of position that Hill plays..

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good guy to keep around for the 3rd PG spot.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him. Particularly at the current price-point. He's an asset defensively, and is not useless at the other end of the floor.
    I will also note, that Pop really likes combo guards. Hill is 1/2, Garrett is a 1/2. Mason was a 1/2 (is currently a 0), Ginobili is a 2 who can play the 1, Barry was a 2 who could play the 1, Parker is a 1 who plays a lot like a 2... Pop really likes to be able to put 2 guys who can switch point responsibilities between them out there.
    statistically in the end mostly those teams won it all, that had two guards (or even more) to handle the ball and make the plays as opposed to a single dominant "floor general". you could even claim that those teams almost never won it all.
    Tony-Manu, Kobe-Fisher, Wade-Williams, Rondo-Pierce, (don't even want to mention the Bulls), Drexler-Smith, Maxwell-Smith and so on.
    Billups on Pistons 04 might have been the closest to a traditional PG led team, but even then Hamilton did also take some of the playmaking duty.

so yes, Pop prefers combo type guards, with good reasons. (De Colo is the next to fit the profile).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VERY poised. He doesn't seem overwhelmed by "The Show" like Hairston appears to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VERY poised. He doesn't seem overwhelmed by "The Show" like Hairston appears to be.
    I agree...I really think hairston has more to offer, but just isn't able to perform on the big stage like temple. Then again, temple is a couple of years older and maybe that extra experience is what is making the difference.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moutainballer.

The Spurs love guards like Temple that can play both positions on offense...not to mention he has great defensive fundamentals. Unless he takes a serious step backwards over the summer I feel pretty good about him making the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then again, temple is a couple of years older and maybe that extra experience is what is making the difference.
    They are both 23.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Temple has "it" no doubt about it.

If he can develop his jumper with England in the offseason a little more and beef up a tad, I love him for the back up PG role next year.

He's got a scrappy at ude on D also with added weight IMO makes him a damn good defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like him, hope we keep him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can play the 1 or 2. Very poised, and got some big minutes this season to boost his confidence. Guys a keeper.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great job by the front office for scouting out and bring this guy into our program. I hope he improves in a big way this summer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Temple should stay for sure. He showed some real promise this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see him here. Sucks for all the guards not named Tony, Manu, or George thought. There could 80 min between them at the 1/2, so Temple would have to fight whoever for a mediocre 16 minutes.

Hopefully at least one of the other smalls makes the team, but Temple is the only one to prove himself on both ends for a new player, even counting Blair. Hairston only has D mastered. But he shoots 3s like Mason did in the POs this year. And Mason shot 10% iirc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was supposed to be primarily a defender but surprised me with his offense. Not to mention that he wasn't afraid to take the shot as most rookies are.

I think he can make the roster unless we draft someone witth better skills at this position, but I don't see us drafting a guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't realize Temple was quite 6'6, good length.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be on the team and I expect him to continue to build on the impressive rookie season. ( Still can't believe how well he carried himself in the complex system the Spurs have in place. Didn't seem phased by any of it and performed extremely well in critical games in the end of the regular season. Shockingly impressive for a player that was undrafted.)

He is everything Spurs wanted out of Marcus Williams, a long-defensive oriented wing, capable of playing the point guard position. Spurs are a lot higher on him, Hairston, and Gee than they were on Marcus Williams, Jeremy Richardson, Desmond Farmer, Bobby Jones to name a few. They really believe Temple, along with Hairston and Gee have tremendous upside and will be able to be part of the Spurs program for at least the next two seasons.

Only time will tell if one of those three will earn an important spot in the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that he was a pleasant suprise this season. His summer "to do" list should include 3 pt shooting and I believe he will be in the rotation due to his D. What impressed me most was the guy attacked the rim if thats what the d gave him, took the 3 if given it, and would even attack the boards for rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about we talk about temple. i think this guy has all the tools to be a solid rotation player. discuss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTemp2 Garrett Temple
    by JMcDonald_SAEN
    Have a big decision to make in the next day or 2. Def have to pray about it. God will have the answer.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he has an offer from Europe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From earlier this week:

Barring a change in plans, the Grizzlies are expected to soon hold a workout with free-agent guards Patrick Beverley and Garrett Temple.

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/th...-numbered.html

Thread Information