Per ESPN just now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Choke City

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker didn't win it? But the Spurs tied for the best record yet didn't lose like the Bulls did!
    This was a no-brainer for MVP but why aren't we talking about this MVP award having an asterisk because of the lockout when everyone and their dog says the NBA le will?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No surprise.

He's the best player of the league.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This was a no-brainer for MVP but why aren't we talking about this MVP award having an asterisk because of the lockout when everyone and their dog says the NBA le will?
    Who & where did that post you quoted come from

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    No surprise.

Which has nothing to do with being the most VALUABLE player

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who and where did Derrick Rose's SAT proxy come from?

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    He's the best and most valuable. Did more for his team than anyone else, offensively and defensively.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Who and where did Derrick Rose's SAT proxy come from?
    Not sure. I stopped caring about 17 year olds when I became too old to them

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He's the best and most valuable. Did more for his team than anyone else, offensively and defensively.
    He plays with another TOP5 player & they couldn't even get the best record in their own conference..... for a 2nd straight year

Most flashy = Yes
    The best = Yes
    Most valuable = FUK NO

Is James even the most valuable player in his own locker room? Games are won in the 4th Quarter when he disappears

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    He plays with another TOP5 player & they couldn't even get the best record in their own conference..... for a 2nd straight year

Most flashy = Yes
    The best = Yes
    Most valuable = FUK NO

Is James even the most valuable player in his own locker room? Games are won in the 4th Quarter when he disappears
    Does more for his team than anyone else in the regular season. Wade missed 17 games this year, and the Heat's depth doesn't compare to the Spurs or Bulls. Lebron pretty much does everything for them. 28 ppg, 8 rpg, and 6 apg. Didn't have that much help outside of Bosh for most of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No surprise.

In the regular season. But he's never won the real MVP award.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Does more for his team than anyone else in the regular season. Wade missed 17 games this year, and the Heat's depth doesn't compare to the Spurs or Bulls. Lebron pretty much does everything for them. 28 ppg, 8 rpg, and 6 apg. Didn't have that much help outside of Bosh for most of the season.
    Rose missed more games & James still couldn't get the best record in the East?

Point remains..... James will not get a le without Wade shooting him to one. That is not the description of a MVP

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Rose missed more games & James still couldn't get the best record in the East?

Point remains..... James will not get a le without Wade shooting him to one. That is not the description of a MVP
    The criteria is most valuable in the regular season. James was more valuable to his team than anyone else. If James missed the amount of games that Rose did, the Heat wouldn't have been the number two seed in the East. They're not as deep as the Bulls or as well coached.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The criteria is most valuable in the regular season. James was more valuable to his team than anyone else. If James missed the amount of games that Rose did, the Heat wouldn't have been the number two seed in the East. They're not as deep as the Bulls or as well coached.
    They need to rename the award to Best Player Award then.

How could James possibly be more valuable than Love?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It came from the part of my brain that handles comedy. I more or less imagined what GNSF's opinion of this is and then posted that.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well deserved.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    indeed

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It came from the part of my brain that handles comedy. I more or less imagined what GNSF's opinion of this is and then posted that.
    Gotcha. A quick search revealed that GNSF is some kind of cult around here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most valuable = FUK NO
    He's a top 5 offensive and defensive player by nearly any metric you could use to measure it. There are no other players in the NBA you could say that about.

LeBron was 2nd in the league in 4th quarter PER this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...rter-dominance

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    They need to rename the award to Best Player Award then.

How could James possibly be more valuable than Love?
    Are you serious? Really?

Love had a great season, but Lebron still did more for his team than Love. Again, Lebron pretty much does everything for the Heat. The Heat would have a tremendous dropoff without Lebron. He did more for his team than anyone else in the regular season. Paul and Durant were up there as well. Parker had a great season, but the Spurs were balanced team across the board.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He's a top 5 offensive and defensive player by nearly any metric you could use to measure it. There are no other players in the NBA you could say that about.

LeBron was 2nd in the league in 4th quarter PER this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...rter-dominance
    So Paul should have won. Add yet another player more VALUABLE

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Are you serious? Really?

Love had a great season, but Lebron still did more for his team than Love. Again, Lebron pretty much does everything for the Heat. The Heat would have a tremendous dropoff without Lebron. He did more for his team than anyone else in the regular season. Paul and Durant were up there as well. Parker had a great season, but the Spurs were balanced team across the board.
    Love, WITHOUT question is more valuable than James. This is not even debatable

But because Love is white & plays in Minnesota, he isn't the sexy pick

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The Heat would make the playoffs & maybe even win a 1st Round matchup without James

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    At least the MVP this year isn't a joke like last year. Rose is easily the most overrated MVP since Nash won his second.

Thread Information