My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    So...it begins

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yep, because it's not like you're an undersized product with no innate talent to make up for it...

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    He does not say that.

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    He does not say that.
    Your life story

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    tl;dr

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yep, because it's not like you're an undersized product with no innate talent to make up for it...
    his boyfriend disagrees

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    his boyfriend disagrees
    I bet you do

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    corn·y
    ˈkôrnē/
    adjective[COLOR=#878787 !important]informal[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Catman already made a gay joke. he's running out of material...

all he has left in the arsenal is LOL raiders and typical internet "ur a virgin lol"

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    raiders

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Gruden extension with MNF

wish list down to Harbs (assuming reasonable compensation) and Rex

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    ing got

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Of course he does.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Catman be on that special kind of catnip. Terrible poster award should be between him and the emoticon gang.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The guy went about it all wrong. He should have never brought up his sexuality at all. Let it come to him not yell it out with a more or less..."now deal with it". , I actually heard this on tv..."later today Michael Sam will be out there"...talking about the combine. When talking about those Ram drafts picks all those picked ahead of him were pretty much ignored. The guy didn't know how the media would run with..."I'M GAY!!!!!!"

He doesn't know that he isn't talented enought to think any team wants the distraction he brings? The guy simply doesn't get it at all.

He needs to start seeing if a CFL/Arena team is willing to give him a shot or go out and get a non football job.

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    The guy went about it all wrong. He should have never brought up his sexuality at all. Let it come to him not yell it out with a more or less..."now deal with it". , I actually heard this on tv..."later today Michael Sam will be out there"...talking about the combine. When talking about those Ram drafts picks all those picked ahead of him were pretty much ignored. The guy didn't know how the media would run with..."I'M GAY!!!!!!"

He doesn't know that he isn't talented enought to think any team wants the distraction he brings? The guy simply doesn't get it at all.

He needs to start seeing if a CFL/Arena team is willing to give him a shot or go out and get a non football job.
    He made the right move, Avante..

He knew he wasn't good enough to make it in the NFL, so he capitalized on the fame of being the first openly sexual NFL player..now he has received more attention than he would have ever received, and he will receive opportunities for endorsements and media opportunities..

If he hadn't brought attention to being a sexual, he would have just been another NFL training camp casualty..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He made the right move, Avante..

He knew he wasn't good enough to make it in the NFL, so he capitalized on the fame of being the first openly sexual NFL player..now he has received more attention than he would have ever received, and he will receive opportunities for endorsements and media opportunities..

If he hadn't brought attention to being a sexual, he would have just been another NFL training camp casualty..
    I'm not so sure he can't play a third down rusher/back up. To do what he did in the SEC is a lot different than starring at Eastern Michigan.

I do doubt he thought it out that deeply.

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I don't know if he thought that deeply, but I'm certain his agent did..

NFL players aren't like players in other sports, they don't receive guaranteed money(for the most part) and their careers are short..so they need to maximize their earning potential, especially fringe players like Sam..just playing in college alone, without the NFL, puts a lot of strain and long-term damage to your body, they need to get as much money as they can in return..

Playing the sexual card is by far Sam's best option, from a marketing standpoint..Gays have a lot of power in the USA, of course, and IIRC, they have a lot of money, too..

If he wants to play football so badly, why not settle for the AFL or CFL? Stop being a pussy because you're not good enough for the NFL. I'm pretty sure the football teams in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal would love his gayness and his husband.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Catman already made a gay joke. he's running out of material...

all he has left in the arsenal is LOL raiders and typical internet "ur a virgin lol"

comeattheKINGbestnotmiss rogues's Avatar
    My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    This attention got continues to make headlines..but-but-but I wasn't the only in the lockerroom..I promise there are others!

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    This attention got continues to make headlines..but-but-but I wasn't the only in the lockerroom..I promise there are others!
    I will never understand for the life of me how this guy won the courage award or whatever it was at the ESPY's. I am neutral on gays, can care less about them, but giving an award for coming out of the closet to a practice squad guy is an embarrassment. It isn't 1950, no one gives a anymore.

Post Count
    Should not have come out.. When you are barely good enough to get drafted and you add the drama into the equation what did he expect?

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Should not have come out.. When you are barely good enough to get drafted and you add the drama into the equation what did he expect?
    Malik had a solid point, coming out is what gave him a name and a shot at selling books, etc. This dude would be cut regardless and be working in sales by now

Thread Information