Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi seems to finally be finding a bit of an offensive groove and has looked his strongest all year these past two games. Tiago is finding his own groove again, and him starting has been a boon to the overall rhythm of the starters. Kawhi finding his offense and Tiago starting has taken a lot of pressure off Duncan, allowing to him to play "within the flow of the game" rather than have to force it offensively and defensively. At this stage in his career, Duncan is most effective being a Rich Man's Blue Collar "role player," doing a bit of everything (liked his balanced line tonight). And when Parker is in All Star form, this team is near unbeatable.

I'm not holding my breath yet, given this team's struggles and inconsistency, but it's a huge step in the right direction. Two blowout wins in a row, keeping the opponent under 90 while scoring over 100.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense has been dominant as well. It's Sac & PHX but they were getting blown out by the Jazz just last week so I'll take it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gun for that 3rd seed, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where the has OP been the past few months? Bandwagoning a 3 game streak now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense has been dominant as well. It's Sac & PHX but they were getting blown out by the Jazz just last week so I'll take it tbh.
    A healthy/motivated Tiago starting is a big improvement over Baynes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really wanna see a real test with the games next week against the Cavs and Raptors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid with the goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was okay, far from all star form. Most of his points came when the team had a double digit lead. Still nice to see him make some shots though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really glad Pop has reverted back to putting Splitter in the starting lineup. As much as I love Baynes and what he's done for us this year, him starting and getting more minutes than Tiago is a huge mistake.

I'm not going to get my hopes up yet either, but I do think these past 3 games will do wonders for us. I've thought confidence (or lack thereof) has been a big part of our struggles this year, and we've now won 3 straight games by an average margin of 20+ points. We have a pretty easy stretch coming up, so hopefully we can continue to build on that confidence and hit full stride going into the last stretch of the season + playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really wanna see a real test with the games next week against the Cavs and Raptors.
    Raptors are ty now, tbh..

Cavs should be a good test, though..nice to see the Spurs looking good , but it's against 2 awful teams, so it would be nice to see them show a pulse against decent compe ion..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors are ty now, tbh..

Cavs should be a good test, though..nice to see the Spurs looking good , but it's against 2 awful teams, so it would be nice to see them show a pulse against decent compe ion..
    Also got the Hawks coming up too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A healthy/motivated Tiago starting is a big improvement over Baynes.
    He's the defensive lynchpin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got to play against a quality team first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi seems to finally be finding a bit of an offensive groove and has looked his strongest all year these past two games. Tiago is finding his own groove again, and him starting has been a boon to the overall rhythm of the starters. Kawhi finding his offense and Tiago starting has taken a lot of pressure off Duncan, allowing to him to play "within the flow of the game" rather than have to force it offensively and defensively. At this stage in his career, Duncan is most effective being a Rich Man's Blue Collar "role player," doing a bit of everything (liked his balanced line tonight). And when Parker is in All Star form, this team is near unbeatable.

I'm not holding my breath yet, given this team's struggles and inconsistency, but it's a huge step in the right direction. Two blowout wins in a row, keeping the opponent under 90 while scoring over 100.

Very good observations altogether. Thx. Especially the role of Tiago in our offensive flow. Really really true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quality team or not they finally look like our Spurs. And Tony found his floater that's huge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like getting a streak of wins, even against bad teams, builds confidence and improves the team a lot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest bright side is Tiago finally coming back from the dead. It's amazing how much of a difference his defense brings to us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like their what, 12th game together as a 100% healthy unit? My biggest take away was Patty Mills not hesitating and firing on his threes. Also making some as well.

When Tiago and Kawhi are playing well and on the floor this is the best defensive team in the leagues bar none.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi is playing in control, and our 3 point shooters are hitting, this team is still the team to beat in the NBA. Period.

No one has a higher gear than the Spurs when they're clicking. -Dee Jay Khaled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quality team or not they finally look like our Spurs. And Tony found his floater that's huge.
    That is true.
    Biggest bright side is Tiago finally coming back from the dead. It's amazing how much of a difference his defense brings to us.
    YES, farrrrrrrrr cry from Bonner or Baynes starting to THANK GOD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 2-game sample is insufficient to conclude anything. It could just be a random e in performance. Let's wait a little longer than two games before we start getting optimistic, .

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are playing like they did this time last year is because they are finally healthy. They only had the whole roster back a couple of games before the all-star break. Pop has gone back to the same rotation from last year's playoff run and the team is finally gelling again.

Just last week, there were many on here that said the Spurs couldn't turn it around in two months, especially after everyone outside of Duncan has been pretty much been coasting this whole year. The Spurs have a very easy stretch up ahead to right the ship and it looks like their doing just that.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I vote the first game against Golden State.

The help on D and some quickness seem to be back.
    Im not sold yet on how long this continues.
    We gotta have Manu, Tony, and Leonard all playing well at the same time to beat better teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A step in the right direction. Mills is still MIA, however. His bricks are getting very tedious.

Thread Information