Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Kawhi is trying to live up to MVP expectations or his own expectations by forcing things on the offense. He is always a good option but sometimes others would be better and I think the team is suffering a little because of it. We've struggled to beat some mediocre teams and I think the reason is the ball sticking too much so that some players can get their 30 or 20 points instead of working for the best shot for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lately, everytime somebody, other than Kawhi, tries to do something on offense, they up. Kawhi has been shooting that much out of necessity, tbh.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't want those shots going to Green or LMA/Gasol postups....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than some ill advised off the dribble 3s that are always short, he's been shooting very well and efficiently. Wish he'd get to the rim more often but it's not really his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pink and/or ban OP, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lately, everytime somebody, other than Kawhi, tries to do something on offense, they up. Kawhi has been shooting that much out of necessity, tbh.
    This

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His teammates aren't good enough so he does more. Kawhi isn't thinking about MVP expectations. It's possible that he's pushing himself as a player to see what he's capable of though. Which is a good thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need your superstar to have room for mistakes. If you force superstars to think too much of the number of shots they take, ot affects them negatively.

And this is going to be specially true when the playoffs come around and the confidence level of role players fluctuates significantly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, spurs fans are so enormed with the 14 run that they have forgteen the very basics of NBA basketball.

The 14 team is an outlier and one that isnt sustainable. Having a superstar os a mpre sustainable formula.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs O is definitely unbalanced

Probably that's all they can deliver this year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he is taking a lot of bad shots for a Spur,and at the expense of Aldridge tbh.
    When Leonard gasses during the PO's we better hope LMA gets into a rhythm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Tony is old and worn down, but why has his midrange jumper suddenly disappeared? It's so bad that he's almost afraid to shoot it now. Teams are playing off of him a bit and giving him that shot, and he still won't shoot it very often. And when he does, he usually misses it. Drives me crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a better PG than Porker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly idiots who can't analyze worth a ITT.

He does force things and takes matters into his own hands plenty of times. That's what Top 3 players in the world do and it's saved the Spurs from dropping plenty of games when the offense bogs down. He's efficient from basically every spot on the floor. Basically having a 50/40/90 season. He's also playing amazing defense and playmaking for others. STFU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As he should be doing. He's currently one of the top 5 players in the entire goddamn world and he has every right to lead the team and dictate when he shoots it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Tony is old and worn down, but why has his midrange jumper suddenly disappeared? It's so bad that he's almost afraid to shoot it now. Teams are playing off of him a bit and giving him that shot, and he still won't shoot it very often. And when he does, he usually misses it. Drives me crazy.
    What else is their to point to but piss poor work ethic? For a speed-reliant guy that has openly said he wants to play until he's 40 (lol) and who has Engelland at his disposal there's no excuse for not having developed a consistent outside shot after 15 years. There's plenty of success stories out there like Kidd or Kawhi if you put in the work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually guys need to play better bc come playoff time, every team will zero in on Kawhi and others will need to step up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is his team now niggie, whats wrong with that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with the shot balance, tbh..

If Aldridge actually plays like a #2 option and Green starts making 3s like he did earlier in the season, this wouldn't be an issue..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has the best shooting percentage of all the Spurs' perimeter players (49%). He's also the best FT shooter on the entire team (89.2%). Why not give him the ball and let him try to score? Besides, he's 2nd on the team in assists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he isnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lately, everytime somebody, other than Kobe, tries to do something on offense, they up. Kobe has been shooting that much out of necessity, tbh.
    sounds familiar imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, spurs fans are so enormed with the 14 run that they have forgteen the very basics of NBA basketball.

The 14 team is an outlier and one that isnt sustainable. Having a superstar os a mpre sustainable formula.
    True, but most of them are at least decent at making plays for others. Not only is he DeRozan like in this regard, but his shot selection getting worse lately, is a sign that he's losing trust in his teammates and thinks he has to do virtually everything offensively for them to win. While that may have been true in many a game, it's not going to give them their best chance to reach their full potential.

Only 2 things can probably change that: Aldridge getting back to 2nd half of last season's version and Parker getting back to full health/rhythm (even though that never lasts long anymore).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with the shot balance, tbh..

If Aldridge actually plays like a #2 option and Green starts making 3s like he did earlier in the season, this wouldn't be an issue..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we winning games?

Okay then.

Thread Information