Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-tried-hurt-me

Reporter: "I didn't see the replay."

Westbrook: "Oh, you didn't see it? But why you asking about something you didn't see? Well then if you didn't see it, don't ask me a question. Don't ask me dumb questions, man. Obviously, it was intentional. So don't ask me if it was intentional. Nobody touched him, he fell on my leg, tried to hurt me. But hey, that's how it goes."

On if the NBA needs to address it, Westbrook said, "Hey man, they'll see it and look at it, you know what I'm saying? They'll see it."

Asked if Pachulia is a dirty player, he said, "Yeah, for sure. For sure." ..........................

Pachulia has dealt with similar controversy with other players.

In Game 1 of the 2017 Western Conference finals against the San Antonio Spurs, Kawhi Leonard suffered a left ankle injury after Pachulia slid under his foot on the jump shot. The injury kept him out the remainder of the postseason as the Warriors swept the series.

The incident caused an angry Gregg Popovich to unleash his fury at Pachulia in a postgame interview.

"Who gives a damn what his intent was?" Popovich said then. "Have you ever heard of manslaughter? You still go to jail, I think, when you're texting and you end up killing somebody, but may have not intended to do that. All I care is what I saw. All I care about is what happened. And the history there exasperates the whole situation and makes me very, very angry."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised the NBA isn’t more aggressive with Zaza. Kawhi is missing a year and it’s hard not to believe the imbalance caused by his ankle didn’t contribute. What if he really hurts Westbrook. That’s two at least top ten players that this guy could’ve taken away from television ratings and ticket sales. This type of behavior hurts the NBA’s bottom line.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unquestionably intentional, zz was standing, in control, and then criminally flopped onto WB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3wdEqrhyPo

OKC must file a complaint

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unquestionably intentional, zz was standing, in control, and then criminally flopped onto WB

That mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised the NBA isn’t more aggressive with Zaza. Kawhi is missing a year and it’s hard not to believe the imbalance caused by his ankle didn’t contribute. What if he really hurts Westbrook. That’s two at least top ten players that this guy could’ve taken away from television ratings and ticket sales. This type of behavior hurts the NBA’s bottom line.
    it doesn't hurt the NBA. It just ensures that the Warriors have the least resistance to the finals. The League won't do anything about it until someone like Lebron gets hurt from his antics. Just like the pistons. The league didn't step in and outlaw their type of play until they realized that Jordan(that guy they were building up to take over the league from Bird and Magic) couldn't beat them. Powder knows what's going on. If they can go back and review a punch to the balls by Jason Terry to Finley 12 ing years ago in a pile on the floor, how can they not see this dude deliberately trying to hurt people? When he's no longer with GS and hurts one of their players, Powder will deal with him. Until then, he's gonna act like he doesn't have a clue I've never wished a player to get injured or wanted a player to get injured but I want someone to hurt that mf or anyone on GS. Because if you're the Warriors and you have a player on your team hurting other players, if you don't speak against it, you're condoning it. I know this much, if I'm coaching a team and one of my players are hurt by a dirty player, i'm instruction everyone on that goddamn team I want their star player out within the next 5 minutes and I'd pay their fine and missed game wages. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it doesn't hurt the NBA. It just ensures that the Warriors have the least resistance to the finals. The League won't do anything about it until someone like Lebron gets hurt from his antics. Just like the pistons. The league didn't step in and outlaw their type of play until they realized that Jordan(that guy they were building up to take over the league from Bird and Magic) couldn't beat them. Powder knows what's going on. If they can go back and review a punch to the balls by Jason Terry to Finley 12 ing years ago in a pile on the floor, how can they not see this dude deliberately trying to hurt people? When he's no longer with GS and hurts one of their players, Powder will deal with him. Until then, he's gonna act like he doesn't have a clue I've never wished a player to get injured or wanted a player to get injured but I want someone to hurt that mf or anyone on GS. Because if you're the Warriors and you have a player on your team hurting other players, if you don't speak against it, you're condoning it. I know this much, if I'm coaching a team and one of my players are hurt by a dirty player, i'm instruction everyone on that goddamn team I want their star player out within the next 5 minutes and I'd pay their fine and missed game wages. .
    I agree that the Warriors players are complicit. My point on it hurting the league is a game like today’s ABC game between the Spurs and Cavs is going to get worse ratings without Kawhi. Spurs road and home games will draw less fans. The playoffs and their outcome is separate.

The Jordan Bulls were fun because it was largely one player and a sidekick that was winning. The Pistons team illustrates that as they needed to shut down Jordan to win. That Pistons team would need to do that to multiple players against these Warriors. It’d bring me great joy watching Bill Laimbeer beat up these Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Zaza was off-balance a bit, which is what I'm sure will be his excuse, he had plenty of time and opportunity to fall a different direction. It does look like ha aiming to fall on Russ's legs. Plus he was trying to poke his knee into the side of RW's leg/knee before the fall when you look at the slowed down replay.

My guess is that if he wasn't on the Warriors his punishments to date would have been a lot stronger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Changing the subject slightly, can anyone remember who gave Kawhi Leonard the knee to the thigh (I believe) that led to his latest quad setback?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Changing the subject slightly, can anyone remember who gave Kawhi Leonard the knee to the thigh (I believe) that led to his latest quad setback?
    He had bum quads last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like he dove right on Westbrook's leg. Get this bum out of the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't understand why other players won't take out Steph and KD because of Zsa Zsa's and Draymond's thuggy plays.

Millennials lol, way too soft. They'd rather play the victim card than do anything about it.
    Last edited by Keepin' it real; 02-25-2018 at 11:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaza shouldn’t be allowed on the court. Maybe this time they’ll do something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't understand why other players won't take out Steph and KD because of Zsa Zsa's and Draymond's thuggy plays.

Millennials lol, way too soft. They'd rather play the victim card than do anything about it.
    Don't forget, Curry "accidentally" walked into Rivers face with his shin while Rivers was lying on the floor just the game before this one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed they won't stop playing dirty until someone does it back to them. It's frustrating because I view Steph,KD,Zsa,Dray as front runners. If any of them got punched in the face they would melt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he try to hurt Westbrook in last year's playoffs as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    King Kerr should have cut ties with his ass last year. They re-signed him showing they want his dirty antics. Another reason to hate the dubs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaza is truly human garbage and a total scrub. The league needs to do something about this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the league doesn't move to make an example of this disgusting goon, no one should take them seriously anymore..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What baffles me is how many are arguing that it was Young's fault for tripping him as if an NBA athlete cannot stop himself from slowly falling forward, knee first, into the back of Russ' knees.

You'd have to be lying, naive, or just plain stupid to argue against anything but a dirty play here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the league doesn't move to make an example of this disgusting goon, no one should take them seriously anymore..
    Honestly I haven't taken the league seriously for years now. Especially after the 2016 playoffs when they allowed Draymond to kick people in the nuts and didn't suspend him because they felt all of his kicks were accidental.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaza is truly human garbage and a total scrub. The league needs to do something about this .
    he's an instinctual, reflexive thug

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd have to be lying, naive, or just plain stupid to argue against anything but a dirty play here.
    Hey, I am a liar, naive and just plain stupid and even I think it was a dirty play here!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he dove right on Westbrook's leg. Get this bum out of the league.
    Exactly! The goon kind of waddles forward about three waddles and drops right down on Russ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What baffles me is how many are arguing that it was Young's fault for tripping him as if an NBA athlete cannot stop himself from slowly falling forward, knee first, into the back of Russ' knees.

They are a lot of War s who are claiming it was an accident based off of this video:

Thread Information