Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry for defending Barry,

Ill remember to put him and more Spurs down from now on. No problems Brodels.
    There is a difference between acknowledging that a player isn't at a certain skill level and putting them down. I'm not putting Barry down, and neither should you.

That having been said, a realistic look at your team's weaknesses would certainly make you a more knowledgeable fan.

Instead of making up things in my head that convince me that every Spur is going to excel in situations where they haven't excelled before, I choose to look at their weaknesses. I feel that Barry could play well in big spots. But it's very possible that he won't because he hasn't in the past.

I'm not putting down Barry, and nobody is asking you to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between Brown and Beno you have about every aspect of Barry's game covered.

I repeat, Barry better pick it up if those two continue to play well. He shouldn't get minutes just because he's got the contract.
    word

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was listening to the after game show and they suggested starting Barry for a few games to improve his game. I really don't think it's that necessary to go that far. He's still at least doing all the other things on court. Plus we saw the end result of how that little experiment went last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did they really say that

if Pop did that, I would call for him to be fired.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they did suggest it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is that when we have needed Barry's shot to be there this year it has been there...In the Boston game he sucked and when things got tight he hit two midrange J's...and last night he hit the two biggest FT's of the season..

IF he doesn't hit those two FT's in which he was ice cold, the whole complexion of that game changes and we probably lose it....we lost a half dozen games like that last season...

So compare Barry to Smitty if you like...but I gurantee you no one was wanting to go up to the FT line last night...and if they had we probably lose that game.

I just hope this doesn't become mental...

It's a catch 22 now..Pop really can't give him minutes while he is shooting that poorly...yet he probably needs the shots to fix his game...

Either way..Barry has passed the few tests he has been given this season...his shot has been more clutch than anything else.

Hey, it's not easy tryng to be Steve Kerr, the greatest 3 shooter ever....

Thread Information