San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dianne Feinstein's unceremonious exit from Congress
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...fd2165f1385224

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) announced an end to her more than 30 years in the Senate this week, not with a bang, but with a confused exchange with reporters in the halls of the Capitol.

Feinstein, 89, corrected reporters who asked about a statement released by her office moments earlier that revealed her intention to retire when her term ends next year.

“If I haven't made that decision, I haven't released anything,” Feinstein told reporters, only to be informed by an aide that she had, in fact, sent out a press release.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dianne Feinstein's unceremonious exit from Congress
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...fd2165f1385224

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) announced an end to her more than 30 years in the Senate this week, not with a bang, but with a confused exchange with reporters in the halls of the Capitol.

Feinstein, 89, corrected reporters who asked about a statement released by her office moments earlier that revealed her intention to retire when her term ends next year.

“If I haven't made that decision, I haven't released anything,” Feinstein told reporters, only to be informed by an aide that she had, in fact, sent out a press release.
    I find it amusing that she is not being hammered by the right media machine for the $200m she has made with clear abuse of her committee position.

https://unusualwhales.com/politics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feinstein is dead weight and should retire. Unfortunately, she seems to lack the self-awareness to do so

Feinstein’s absence has already forced her party to change how they run the Senate, where Democrats can’t move President Joe Biden’s judicial picks without her vote
    https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...eturn-00091765

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Schumer needs to stop being a pussy and replace her on the judiciary committee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schumer needs to stop being a pussy and replace her on the judiciary committee.
    The last ten years have seen a massive overhaul of the judiciary from low to high. It's been the only agency of change since 2001 locked things down.

Politico has been reporting that Feinstein is not cognitively functional relying on staff to function for over a year. The problem with the shingles is she cannot move and be around others.

Schumer's boss doesn't want to lose that chair.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The last ten years have seen a massive overhaul of the judiciary from low to high. It's been the only agency of change since 2001 locked things down.

Politico has been reporting that Feinstein is not cognitively functional relying on staff to function for over a year. The problem with the shingles is she cannot move and be around others.

Schumer's boss doesn't want to lose that chair.
    What are you talking about? Schumer can replace Feinstein with someone else on the judiciary committee at the drop of a hat, you don’t lose anything by doing so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you talking about? Schumer can replace Feinstein with someone else on the judiciary committee at the drop of a hat, you don’t lose anything by doing so.
    I am pretty sure chair's have to be selected by vote. I don't know all that much about Senate rules.

And I am talking about the Feinstien and the Senate seat she stands for being the most paid for seat in history. Her replacement is not nearly as bought out.

She is demented and has been that way for months. They still trot her out. They are going to wait out the shingles and trot her corpse out again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US government

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I am pretty sure chair's have to be selected by vote. I don't know all that much about Senate rules.

And I am talking about the Feinstien and the Senate seat she stands for being the most paid for seat in history. Her replacement is not nearly as bought out.

She is demented and has been that way for months. They still trot her out. They are going to wait out the shingles and trot her corpse out again.
    Diane Feinstein isnt judiciary chair dingus, Durbin is. She’s just on the committee and her vote is needed to advance nominees.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Her own party started calling for her resignation today…will be entertaining watching this play out.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Her own party started calling for her resignation today…will be entertaining watching this play out.
    Hopefully someone slips rat poison in her matzah ball soup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diane Feinstein isnt judiciary chair dingus, Durbin is. She’s just on the committee and her vote is needed to advance nominees.
    Okay. They still trotted her out when she had no mental faculty. The DNC and her backers are pushing back hard from ousting her trying to let the shingles pass. Schumer is not doing what you want.

Why do you think that is?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Okay. They still trotted her out when she had no mental faculty. The party and her backers are pushing back hard from ousting her trying to let the shingles pass. Schumer is not doing what you want.

Why do you think that is?
    Because he’s feckless and incompetent and because the Democratic Party is managed as a gerontocracy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he’s feckless and incompetent and because the Democratic Party is managed as a gerontocracy?
    This smacks of a "if I were Schumer" narrative. I think you give him more authority than he has. He can rally votes and the like but he is not overlord of the Senate.

And the system is setup such that you have no term limits and single member districts that are easily paid for by the oligarchy. It turns into an investment over time. Old representatives is a symptom not the disease.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This smacks of a "if I were Schumer" narrative. I think you give him more authority than he has. He can rally votes and the like but he is not overlord of the Senate.

And the system is setup such that you have no term limits and single member districts that are easily paid for by the oligarchy. It turns into an investment over time. Old representatives is a symptom not the disease.
    Each caucus’s leader can remove and add people to committees from their party as they wish. It’s rare that they make committee changes mid session, but they 100% have the authority to. That’s how the senate rules work. There aren’t votes for who gets to go on each committee.

The fact you thought Feinstein was judiciary committee chair shows how uninformed you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Each caucus’s leader can remove and add people to committees from their party as they wish. It’s rare that they make committee changes mid session, but they 100% have the authority to. That’s how the senate rules work. There aren’t votes for who gets to go on each committee.

The fact you thought Feinstein was judiciary committee chair shows how uninformed you are.
    Ahh yes the ad hominem attack. I made a mistake so everything I say is invalid. That you resort makes me feel your position weak.

And yeah. . .

While Senate rules are fairly clear regarding how nominations are to be approved, they do not
    address how the nominations of Senators to committees are to be made. In practice, each party
    vests its conference with the authority to make nominations to standing committees. Senate
    Republicans primarily use a Committee on Committees for this purpose, although the Republican
    leader nominates Senators for assignment to some standing committees. Senate Democrats use a
    Steering and Outreach Committee to nominate Democrats for assignment to all standing
    committees. The processes these two panels use are distinct, but the nominations of each panel
    require the approval of the full party conference and, ultimately, the Senate.
    Senate approval of
    the committee nominations of its parties usually is pro forma because the Senate respects the
    work of each party.
    https://crsreports.congress.gov/prod...g%20committees.

Perhaps you can show me the part where the senate leader can do whatever he wants with committee members.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    right on cue, Feinstein volunteers to be removed from the judiciary committee

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...n-resignation/

So much for all the conspiracy theories about muh oligarchy

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ahh yes the ad hominem attack. I made a mistake so everything I say is invalid. That you resort makes me feel your position weak.

And yeah. . .

https://crsreports.congress.gov/prod...g%20committees.

Perhaps you can show me the part where the senate leader can do whatever he wants with committee members.
    that’s from 2006

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And we compare and contrast with your evidence. this is boring.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Dianne Feinstein as judiciary chair

ing re

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    this is boring aka I got my pushed in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dianne Feinstein as judiciary chair

ing re
    You seem upset. Feinstein had been a chair of various committees since the 1980s. I had not realized she had lost her spot a few years ago. Oh well.

I went ahead and found the Dec 2022 rules:

https://www.democrats.senate.gov/rul...tic-conference

They still use the same 2 panel then party vote system.

Schumer cannot act alone; that is now established. Feinstein is no longer judiciary chair.

The corpse is staying in for now.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You seem upset. Feinstein had been a chair of various committees since the 1980s. I had not realized she had lost her spot a few years ago. Oh well.

I went ahead and found the Dec 2022 rules:

https://www.democrats.senate.gov/rul...tic-conference

They still use the same 2 panel then party vote system.

Schumer cannot act alone; that is now established. Feinstein is no longer judiciary chair.

The corpse is staying in for now.
    Feinstein isnt “no longer” judiciary committee chair, she never was judiciary committee chair. It’s now Durbin and it was Leahy when the Dems had a majority from 2007 - 2014.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

She also literally just volunteered to be taken off the judiciary committee completely. Try and keep up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feinstein isnt “no longer” judiciary committee chair, she never was judiciary committee chair. It’s now Durbin and it was Leahy when the Dems had a majority from 2007 - 2014.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

She also literally just volunteered to be taken off the judiciary committee completely. Try and keep up.
    That still makes you wrong about Schumer's scope of authority. Idiot

Thread Information