Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins clearly can score a bit and definitely gets involved when he’s in the game. He just doesn’t rebound or do much else and plays defense like a stiff.

Believe.
    Post Count
    He’ll be fine or be part of a trade! No biggie…
    yeah I was just mad in the moment, all good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Zach can play like he did the last few games the entire year, he’d be a $15m/yr type of player, maybe $12m

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Zach can play like he did the last few games the entire year, he’d be a $15m/yr type of player, maybe $12m
    I agree. I think he’s been better. The focus on verticality defensively in recent games has been good. It’s cut down on some (but not all) of the stupid fouling.

Many public commentators have also observed that the refs are letting the players be more physically after a league crack down on cheap offense— this benefits a player like Zach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The contract may have been an overpay given expectations and this season’s performance but he is one of the few ppl on this team who has fking balls. Ppl were pretty low on D White once upon a time expecting him to be something more than a high end role player; Zach has the ability to be a high end role player on a team in contention in a similar fashion. The problem is we are so damn ing far from contention it doesn’t really matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach has the ability to be a high end role player on a team in contention in a similar fashion. The problem is we are so damn ing far from contention it doesn’t really matter.
    Zollins is a third stringer at best. you don't want him to have any kind of real role in a contending team. Way too limited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, Collins lacks the main thing you need from a center: being able to protect the rim. Pop is playing Sochan next to him more to help him with that and he has looked better since.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been better lately tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins suffers from classic white-guy hooper syndrome. Short arms and a lack of high-end athleticism renders him a liability defensively, no matter who’s hard he tries. NBA players are just too big and athletic for someone of his pigment to try and protect the rim against them tbh.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst defensive center in the NBA. He’s basically a traffic cone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a PF; stretch 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a PF; stretch 4
    Just needs to add a 3 point shot lol but honestly if he did he probably would be a very solid stretch 4. He has a role in the league for sure with that tenacity and soft touch around the rim when he is confident.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t he shooting like 20% from 3 this year? How is he a stretch 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins and Branham both seem to suffer from this affliction where they can only play good basketball after the all-star break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been better lately tbh.
    yeah, he's not atrocious anymore. He's just mediocre now.

Hard to see any real future next for a big who can't protect the rim nor stretch the floor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t he shooting like 20% from 3 this year? How is he a stretch 4
    31% this year. 37% last year and 34% the year before…. Anymore questions? You knew better but still tried it smh!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, he's not atrocious anymore. He's just mediocre now.

Hard to see any real future next for a big who can't protect the rim nor stretch the floor.
    If you say so Bro, Zach’s just getting back to his norm; hopefully he leads the bench properly next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins suffers from classic white-guy hooper syndrome. Short arms and a lack of high-end athleticism renders him a liability defensively, no matter who’s hard he tries. NBA players are just too big and athletic for someone of his pigment to try and protect the rim against them tbh.
    Kessler, Holmgren, Poeltl are good rim protectors

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    31% this year. 37% last year and 34% the year before…. Anymore questions? You knew better but still tried it smh!
    In other words, he’s not a stretch four

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, he’s not a stretch four
    He's definitely not a 4. Doesn't have the mobility nor the moves for that in modern BB. And if he can't really shoot at that, hard to call the guy a "stretch 4"... He's an undersized non rim protecting, non rebounding, non defending center. And if he can't knock a couple 3s a game, he's basically just a stiff out there.

He still has a few moments like other average guys on this team, and like in any bad, tanking/rebuidling team with no real hierarchy where night in, night out, some guy will feel it and drop 20... But in any compe ive team, these guys are supposed to have clear roles and a specific skill they're good at and consistent with...
    Last edited by JPB; 03-12-2024 at 04:37 PM.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely not a 4. Doesn't have the mobility nor the moves for that in modern BB. And if he can't really shoot at that, hard to call the guy a "stretch 4"... He's an undersized non rim protecting, non rebounding, non defending center. And if he can't knock a couple 3s a game, he's basically just a stiff out there.

He still has a few moments like other average guys on this team, and like in any bad, tanking/rebuidling team with no real hierarchy where night in, night out, some guy will feel it and drop 20... But in any compe ive team, these guys are supposed to have clear roles and a specific skill they're good at and consistent with...
    Nothing more needs to be said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins looks like he'd have been a 4 in the 90s or early 2000s where basically everybody started 2 centers and just called the shorter of them the power forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just can't win with an undersized center. He's a poor man's Sabonis and the Kings aren't going anywhere with Sabonis just like the Pacers did. The only way to mask his weakness if you play two 6'10 wings next to him like Denver is doing with Joker (although he's a legit 7 footer).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just can't win with an undersized center. He's a poor man's Sabonis and the Kings aren't going anywhere with Sabonis just like the Pacers did. The only way to mask his weakness if you play two 6'10 wings next to him like Denver is doing with Joker (although he's a legit 7 footer).
    The issue that we aren't even comparing him with starters, but backups.
    He's probably one of the highest paid backups in the league and he's easily worse than at least 25 of them.

We're lucky that contract is a perfect filler for salary matching, but he really has to go this summer. He's a detriment to other bigs on the roster.
    Barlow deserves minutes and yet Pop's solution last night was to play him together with both Collins and Wemby, even though Warriors had no size whatsoever.

What I don't understand was why did they rush with his extension?
    Yeah, it was a feel good story about an unlikely comeback, but noone was lining up to offer him 32 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I mean 2024. I’m pretty sure he’s in the 20% from 3 point line. Dude has been garbage from 3 the whole calendar year. And 31% is totally stretch 4 material tbh… for a losing team.

Thread Information