Page 284 of 357 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 8901
    Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #4 : Edey. #8: Castle my ideal draft
    Are you developmentally disabled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle's form is beyond ugly. I don't see him ever developing a reliable shot. I don't care what a 20 shots sample size in an empty gym says, tbh.
    His form isn't ugly. It just has an odd hitch when he's pushing out which is super easy to fix

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top two right now are Castle and Buzelis. Doubt we can get both with the #4 and #8, but I'd take Castle first, probably because I imagine him matching up against SGA in our blooming rivalry with OKC.

Wemby vs Holmgren
    Castle vs SGA
    ... let's go all in and draft Cody Williams at #8 to pit brother vs brother.
    Last edited by Guru of Nothing; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His form isn't ugly. It just has an odd hitch when he's pushing out which is super easy to fix
    I don't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably the worst draft this century to trade up in, or into. Wesley and Branham would be top 10, and there’s no one in our range worth cutting them and eating two years salary on both.
    It's a bad draft but no they wouldn't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it.
    Someone posted his combine shooting earlier in this thread. When he brings the ball up he brings it way back before the wrist flick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle isn't a PG, has subpar shooting ability, subpar playmaking ability, subpar athleticism, is slightly undersized for his position. I really don't get why everyone seems to have a hardon for the guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top two right now are Castle and Buzelis. Doubt we can get both with the #4 and #8, but I'd take Castle first, probably because I imagine him matching up against SGA in our soon to be blooming rivalry with OKC.

Wemby vs Holmgren
    Castle vs SGA
    ... let's go all in and draft Cody Williams at #8 to pit brother vs brother.
    I'd think you probably could get those two if we take Matas #4...there might be a good chance of Castle lasting until #8.

I personally would prefer one of them beeing a shooter though...i.e. Risacher instead of Buz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone posted his combine shooting earlier in this thread. When he brings the ball up he brings it way back before the wrist flick
    Link to that post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle isn't a PG, has subpar shooting ability, subpar playmaking ability, subpar athleticism, is slightly undersized for his position. I really don't get why everyone seems to have a hardon for the guy.
    He was a PG in HS, and a rather highly regarded one, who had to take a back seat as a freshman in a winning program that runs a motion offense. Pop seems to like the idea of big PGs , so if they draft him they’ll probably give him run at PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link to that post?
    I would if I could find it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    knecht outperforming castle in basically every category is not something i saw coming. if we think castle can hold up at SF, less of a reason to believe Knecht cant

i thought knecht would wind up just under or at 6'5 with a barely positive wingspan, if that

and even if he held up well on stuff like the max vert, the agility times would be an issue. but his wingspan is fine and he's been one of the best overall in the agility drills
    I've been on the Knecht bandwagon for awhile. Primarily because he could start right away and I don't want to develop two more g'damn teenagers that won't have an impact for 2-3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been on the Knecht bandwagon for awhile. Primarily because he could start right away and I don't want to develop two more g'damn teenagers that won't have an impact for 2-3 years.
    If we get a questionable shooter (pretty much everyone except Dillingham) with #4, then Knecht must be the priority for #8.
    I kind of don't want Dillingham anymore, he's ridiculously skilled but the lack of size is just too much. If he's available at #8 take him, but not with #4.

Use #4 for the player with highest ceiling and then #8 for Knecht/Dillingham or someone who they didn't think would drop to #8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to note, here are the high school rankings for 2023:

1 Ron Holland
    2 Isaiah Collier
    3 Justin Edwards
    4 Cody Williams
    5 Aaron Bradshaw
    6 DJ Wagner
    7 Matas Buzelis
    8 Ja'Kobe Walter
    9 Stephon Castle

14 Jared McCain
    21 Rob Dillingham
    35 Johnny Furphy
    79 Reed Sheppard

Those top Kentucky players really didn't pan out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably the worst draft this century to trade up in, or into. Wesley and Branham would be top 10, and there’s no one in our range worth cutting them and eating two years salary on both.
    I disagree completely. Im fine giving Branham + Wesley some more time to fight and grow, but I will not be at all surprised if theres 10+ players that are clearly better than Branham+Blake this year from this draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you developmentally disabled
    Again, no slick talk necessary. Edey & Castle not as far fetched as you might think.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's better than Dillingham in every area except 3 pt shooting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick question, would it bother any of you if Okc got Eady?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick question, would it bother any of you if Okc got Eady?
    No.
    Rookie Wemby torched Gobert, matched up well against AD and Jokic. Big bodies don't bother him.
    It would bother me if OKC replaces Giddey with Markkanen or another elite shooter with size.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a PG in HS, and a rather highly regarded one, who had to take a back seat as a freshman in a winning program that runs a motion offense. Pop seems to like the idea of big PGs , so if they draft him they’ll probably give him run at PG.
    If the Spurs thought Sochan could play pg then for sure they will see Castle as a pg.

Dillingham doesn't fit the type of player the Spurs want. They like players who can play defense and like players with versatility.
    Castle can play both pg and sg to get his minutes and would be excellent in a three guard rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think people understand there are not many day one starters in this lottery lol
    Ideally every team wants to draft a starter from the top 10 - that's the goal, but like you said, probably not in this rather weak sauce draft. Eventually they might start, but probably not on day 1. If you're a loaded team like Boston, it's no big deal, but if you're a team like the spurs, well we need help pretty much everywhere. Nabbing a starter is what we need, it just may not be what we get even with 2 top 10 picks. This draft has a lot of solid players, I just don't see many stars or all stars. Time will tell.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd think you probably could get those two if we take Matas #4...there might be a good chance of Castle lasting until #8.

I personally would prefer one of them beeing a shooter though...i.e. Risacher instead of Buz
    Doubt Castle ends up lasting until 8. Spurs need to take him at 4 if they want him.

I like Buz more than Risacher. Buz seems mentally tougher and looks bigger and moves with more fluidity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.
    Rookie Wemby torched Gobert, matched up well against AD and Jokic. Big bodies don't bother him.
    It would bother me if OKC replaces Giddey with Markkanen or another elite shooter with size.
    You are missing the point, Kat isn’t in the same league as Chet defensively.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are missing the point, Kat isn’t in the same league as Chet defensively.
    What does KAT have to do with this?
    You asked about Edey. I replied that size doesn't matter when matching up against Wemby.
    OKC won't draft a non-shooter. They gave Sengun to Houston just because he can't shoot. Presti is very rigid with his roster building ideas.

Thread Information