Page 291 of 379 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 9458
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re making my point for me. Thanks. He’s arguing that a defender has to have a 7’ wingspan.
    .... no i'm not.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who in this draft has star potential?
    Sarr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Over half of these assists is Reed seeing the play before anyone else. His processing speed is special. John B proclaims a random draft prospect every year as the next Manu, but I’m going to say that Reed is the closest thing tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Know most of the discussion here is around potential selections, but I’m curious what everyone thinks about the likelihood the Spurs trade at least one of these top 10 picks…

Are we thinking there’s a 25% they trade one of them? Less/more? For some reason I feel like I’d be mildly surprised if we don’t trade out of one of them.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs taking Salaun 8th overall confirmed.

I’m on board. This is our 3&D wing of the future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Know most of the discussion here is around potential selections, but I’m curious what everyone thinks about the likelihood the Spurs trade at least one of these top 10 picks…

Are we thinking there’s a 25% they trade one of them? Less/more? For some reason I feel like I’d be mildly surprised if we don’t trade out of one of them.
    it doesn't make sense to do so, we have the perfect position to save some money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they take their PG with 4, I def think he and Cody are the wings in play at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone explain why Nikola Topic (healthy) is considered a top 5 pick, but Nikola Djurisic is like a 2nd rounder?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone explain why Nikola Topic (healthy) is considered a top 5 pick, but Nikola Djurisic is like a 2nd rounder?
    Topic much easier to pronounce and spell?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t anticipate this, it probably would be unwise… Any thoughts on the spurs drafting Donovan Clingan? I know we’re wanting a guard/wing combo with the two picks, but a Clingan draft with Dilly, Castle, or Sheppard would be nice tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's better than Dillingham in every area except 3 pt shooting.
    He isn't better than Dillingham at passing, nor plamaking, nor breaking down a defense, nor at being athletic.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't better than Dillingham at passing, nor plamaking, nor breaking down a defense, nor at being athletic.
    Castle is clearly more athletic, Dillingham can't even dunk off a lob pass, better passer, better playmaker,better at taking it to the basket

Dillingham is just a gunner from the outside

He isn't even going to be a starter in the NBA. Will get destroyed on the defensive side. Too small

He isn't going to be as good in the NBA as in college , too small.
    Last edited by rascal; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:47 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Over half of these assists is Reed seeing the play before anyone else. His processing speed is special. John B proclaims a random draft prospect every year as the next Manu, but I’m going to say that Reed is the closest thing tbh
    I am sold by the mere IQ alone what more with the other intangibles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They played together on Mega in the ABA for 13 league games (and some cup games) this year. Topic was way more productive (pts, asts, rbds), except 3 pt shooting...

https://basketball.realgm.com/intern...ga-Bemax/stats

Topic is also 2 years younger, and is physically huge for a PG. Djurisic is a Foward (plays both 3 and 4 depending who's on the floor, and is pretty average sized for the position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle is clearly more athletic, Dillingham can't even dunk off a lob pass, better passer, better playmaker,better at taking it to the basket

Dillingham is just a gunner from the outside

He isn't even going to be a starter in the NBA. Will get destroyed on the defensive side. Too small

He isn't going to be as good in the NBA as in college , too small.
    If Castle doesn't learn to shoot (slim chances), he isn't even going to be on the NBA, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe Spurs fans are talking themselves into drafting non-shooters yet again. Smh.

Apparently they haven't had enough with that draft of 3 first round picks, all non shooters. We are still waiting for them to develop that shot. 2 seem on their way out, the third is in question for the near future.

Even non-shooting prospects that did good to start their careers (Ben Simmons, Giddy) sooner or later get exposed and become unplayable.

If we draft Buzelis and Castle like many here want, prepare to keep sucking hard ass, tbh. Neither of them will help with anything in their rookie seasons, and we will have to wait 3 years to see if they ever develop a decent shot.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe Spurs fans are talking themselves into drafting non-shooters yet again. Smh.

Apparently they haven't had enough with that draft of 3 first round picks, all non shooters. We are still waiting for them to develop that shot. 2 seem on their way out, the third is in question for the near future.

Even non-shooting prospects that did good to start their careers (Ben Simmons, Giddy) sooner or later get exposed and become unplayable.

If we draft Buzelis and Castle like many here want, prepare to keep sucking hard ass, tbh. Neither of them will help with anything in their rookie seasons, and we will have to wait 3 years to see if they ever develop a decent shot.
    Spurs don't draft shrimp guards who can't play defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sold by the mere IQ alone what more with the other intangibles.
    Going to see how good TJ McConnell could have been with an elite 3 point shot - sounds like an insult but McConnell is a beast and imo the only thing holding him back from being a high end playoff starter is consistent 3 point shooting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing their latest draft results, maybe they should.

Doc
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing their latest draft results, maybe they should.
    This particular one at least, assuming we're talking about Dillingham. IMO he should be the Spurs' number one priority. He will learn to play defense to some extent, but he has an offensive creativity to his game that few players have. I want to see the synergy between Dillingham and Wemby on offense, it has the potential to be a perfect fit on that end of the floor. Really hoping they draft him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for posting. Reed is Stockton on steroids. He sees the floor and read the defense really well. I like him. Sochan really need to become this teams point-of-attack defender. Likewise Vassell needs to step-up. I can see Reed as Pop’s floor general, very smart and seem to command people in place like CP3 does.

But Manu comparison stops there. Manu has wicked bounce pass in between the legs, baseline passes on the money I don’t see anyone better. Nah, Reed is straight clean passes, nothing fancy, just point A to B. But I love it.

You like Reed in your team. He’s going to make the right decisions. If Spurs like him so much, they need to pick him up at 4, and hope that any of Holland, Buzelis or Williams are available at 8. I can live with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brynn texted, he’s having coffee with Malaki.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting. Reed is Stockton on steroids. He sees the floor and read the defense really well. I like him. Sochan really need to become this teams point-of-attack defender. Likewise Vassell needs to step-up. I can see Reed as Pop’s floor general, very smart and seem to command people in place like CP3 does.

But Manu comparison stops there. Manu has wicked bounce pass in between the legs, baseline passes on the money I don’t see anyone better. Nah, Reed is straight clean passes, nothing fancy, just point A to B. But I love it.

You like Reed in your team. He’s going to make the right decisions. If Spurs like him so much, they need to pick him up at 4, and hope that any of Holland, Buzelis or Williams are available at 8. I can live with that.
    And the most important thing of all: 53% from 2 and 55% from 3. If that shooting is for real, he's an elite weapon.

He doesn't even need to playmake for . If he just dribles the ball up the court, gives it up to go stand in the corner and hit 3's at a 40+% clip, he would justify his selection. Add a block here, a steal there and good defensive rotations and you've got yourself a championship level piece.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t anticipate this, it probably would be unwise… Any thoughts on the spurs drafting Donovan Clingan? I know we’re wanting a guard/wing combo with the two picks, but a Clingan draft with Dilly, Castle, or Sheppard would be nice tbh
    Clingan / Sheppard was my combo on the dream offseason thread, they're probably the two best stat prospects in the draft (models differ, but they'll be up there).

Case for:
    Clingan's value would be from looking at the failure of the Sixers with Embiid in the playoffs and realising you need to fortify the bench to survive without your star. We have to both improve the starting 5 to be better around Wemby, and improve bench (Non Wemby) minutes. That doesn't have to happen immediately, and the other option I brought up / have considered (Hartenstein) this year has played himself off of being a backup with his playoff run. If you think it's possible for Wemby to still be effective with two bigs on the floor part time, then Clingan isn't as minutes restricted.

Case against:
    Entirely possible that you can get a really good centre prospect either early 2nd, moving into the late first( 35 and 48 might get something like 28). Not as good a prospect as Clingan, but Edey / Missi / Kel'el Ware all have paths to being effective backups, backup centre might be the spot you leave weak as a stealth "tank" while you get much better with Wemby, until we're looking to boost towards the playoffs more seriously, and spending a major player acquisition asset for the long term on a likely explicit part time player, rather than a 35mpg wing might not be ideal.

I think Clingan should be on the board at 8 as consideration alongside wing targets / PGs if they go wing first.

Thread Information