Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't realize Williams injury was of this severity. Could CHA be in play for Clingan?
    still don't know how bad his back is; he claims he'll be ready to play "every game" next season and there is no surgery required. all i ever heard was that it was a back contusion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's either that or draft the tall players who don't know how to play. We can always have Kalel Ware at point. We can also just forfeit the draft picks.
    I think there are more scenarios...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would agree with you if there were even one in the lottery range. Unfortunately, this draft, as a whole is 3 OR D. No one seems to have both skills together at a good to very good level.
    And with 4 and 8 I keep thinking you don't go for a role player, you take two shots at a star player. Wesley and Samanic were unsuccessful shots. Keep trying. Fill out role players from the free agent market or the G league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this draft is bad but moving up from 8 to 6 with two second rounders? Why would Charlotte do that just to let the Spurs pick the guy they probably want at 6 in Castle?
    It's hard to get a sense of what Hornets fans want/expect. New GM, but they're optimistic. Most of them picked Scoot over Miller, so I guess they're wait and see.

Generally seeing Williams-Holland-Castle. Fans are prioritizing a wing.

Castle's comments about wanting to play point - whether that's anything to take too seriously - could apply to Charlotte most of all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And with 4 and 8 I keep thinking you don't go for a role player, you take two shots at a star player. Wesley and Samanic were unsuccessful shots. Keep trying. Fill out role players from the free agent market or the G league.
    Let us know who the star players are at 4 and 8.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you suggesting that no star player has ever been drafted at 4 or 8? You must be re ed. "Taking a shot" doesn't mean "I have a crystal ball", it just means don't take a safe role player with a low ceiling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or 1 for that matter..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't realize Williams injury was of this severity. Could CHA be in play for Clingan?
    Definitely but I think Sheppard and Castle would be much higher on their board over Clingan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can replace talent wise our 4th and 5th best player I would score this an A- for this draft and to replace our 3rd and 4th best player we would have probably the best draft of all teams for this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still don't know how bad his back is; he claims he'll be ready to play "every game" next season and there is no surgery required. all i ever heard was that it was a back contusion.
    A 7 footer with back injuries this young and has already missed 100+ games in his first 2 seasons is a major, major red flag. I hope he makes a miraculously recovery because CHA is actually pretty decent with him but wouldn't hold my breath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching a scouting reports I remain on my top 2, Risacher and Dillingham is the ideal scenario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be much, much more inclined to trade down in this draft than to trade up. There isn't anybody I think worth trading up for tbh.

But I bet the Grizzlies would call about #4 if Clingan is still there. Or the Blazers about #8 about Salaun.

If they can extract a lightly protected another '25 pick and still be in the lottery, I'd be all over that tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At #4 i have conflict between Castle and Cody Williams, and at #8 i want Saluan but i doubt he stay till then
    These are good conflicts since none of us can hardly decide who our top 8 or 10 players actually are, depending on what side of the bed we wake up on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching a scouting reports I remain on my top 2, Risacher and Dillingham is the ideal scenario
    Mr. Body:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle makes a lot of sense, having played with Clingan (and therefore, being used to getting the rock to the big man in his spots) and having a great overall BBIQ and motor/hustle. The problem is shooting - we need someone to make defenses who literally triple and soft quadruple team Wemby pay. Be it via passing, driving and finishing, or simply just shooting every open look they get with confidence. It's too bad this draft is pretty trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle makes a lot of sense, having played with Clingan (and therefore, being used to getting the rock to the big man in his spots) and having a great overall BBIQ and motor/hustle. The problem is shooting - we need someone to make defenses who literally triple and soft quadruple team Wemby pay. Be it via passing, driving and finishing, or simply just shooting every open look they get with confidence. It's too bad this draft is pretty trash.
    Castle has all the intangibles, and my pick as the “pg selection.” It’s OK for him to take time to develop guys. Some folks are expecting these picks to be day one starters, which is far from what will happen.

We all need to be comfortable with another year of Tre Jones starting (unless to trade for an established PG like Murray or Garland). This will be the case whether it’s Dillingham who will need to up his weight (162 lbs ffs!!), Castle/Topic who need to work on their shots, and Reed who isn’t a natural PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to get a sense of what Hornets fans want/expect. New GM, but they're optimistic. Most of them picked Scoot over Miller, so I guess they're wait and see.

Castle's comments about wanting to play point - whether that's anything to take too seriously - could apply to Charlotte most of all.
    Useful insight. Most of the mocks suggest Castle to them, but having moved on from PJ Washington wonder if they see Holland as a PF replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand why people are high on Castle, since he has a complete game if he can develop his 3-point shot, which is not far fetched. But I want elite speed and off the dribble shooting at the 1. We need rim pressure more than anything and Castle ain't the guy for that. That's why Dillingham is ideal in my opinion. And I also want one of the 6'10'' forwards, since having that length out there with Wemby, Sochan and Devin would be very scary for opponents and said player could actually mask some of Zach Collins' awful rim protection. We all know that with his contract, Pop will absolutely keep playing him to justify it.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand why people are high on Castle, since he has a complete game if he can develop his 3-point shot, which is not far fetched. But I want elite speed and off the dribble shooting at the 1. We need rim pressure more than anything and Castle ain't the guy for that. That's why Dillingham is ideal in my opinion. And I also want one of the 6'10'' forwards, since having that length out there with Wemby, Sochan and Devin would be very scary for opponents and said player could actually mask some of Zach Collins' awful rim protection. We all know that with his contract, Pop will absolutely keep playing him to justify it.
    Combine reports said that he was really shooting the ball well in drills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Combine reports said that he was really shooting the ball well in drills.
    on 30 shots in a gym without a defender anywhere close to him. We are talking about the NBA. His college tape says he doesn't shoot it well enough and even if he did, that doesn't mean he can do it off the dribble.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Indirectly saying he isn't interested in playing for Charlotte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With so many unknown, low ceiling prospects, one could say there won't be an outcome generally disliked, but I guess not.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on 30 shots in a gym without a defender anywhere close to him. We are talking about the NBA. His college tape says he doesn't shoot it well enough and even if he did, that doesn't mean he can do it off the dribble.
    Castle didn't shoot the ball that often at UCONN. His game was held back some as UCONN played a team concept and he bought into team success over big scoring stats.

Only took 75 3 point shots in 34 games. Only made 20. UCONN played a team concept and didn't rely on anyone taking a ton of shots. His overall FG% is good just needs work on his distance shooting.

Writing Castle off as a bad shooter is premature. His form looks good in the combine shooting. Castle is a hard worker as evidenced by how hard he works defensely on the court so I expect him to improve in 3 pt %.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    surprised there is no buzz for clingan to atlanta.. he may be an easier fit tbh. While i think Sarr is the most intriguing talent of the draft, he'd probably get punked by clingan and both are just as inept on the offensive side. Still think one of sarr and zach will drop to us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle didn't shoot the ball that often at UCONN. His game was held back some as UCONN played a team concept and he bought into team success over big scoring stats.

Only took 75 3 point shots in 34 games. Only made 20. UCONN played a team concept and didn't rely on anyone taking a ton of shots. His overall FG% is good just needs work on his distance shooting.

Writing Castle off as a bad shooter is premature. His form looks good in the combine shooting. Castle is a hard worker as evidenced by how hard he works defensely on the court so I expect him to improve in 3 pt %.
    I don't think anyone should write off his shooting either. His shot isn't broken. For me it's about where you take him and his relative value to other prospects. Buzelis is at the top of my Spurs board, but he doesn't fit as well with Castle. I'd rather pair Risacher or Williams (maybe even Salaun) with him than Buzelis. My opinion on that has to do with having a Castle, Sochan, Buzelis SL. If we moved Sochan I'd feel better about a Buzelis-Castle pairing.

If we go with two guards my favorite pairing is Castle-Sheppard. I think they would mesh very well.

Thread Information