Page 309 of 384 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 9582
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG...I laughed out so loud when I read Exstatic response - But to his defense you did ask..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Dillon Jones looks like a Better Sochan. He could have actually done some PG duty. Don't see him as PF tho. Maybe SF...or even your big PG if that's what you want. I like what I see. Guy has a great feel for the game.

https://youtu.be/E0O12AKhWd8?si=Ag-dLnH5xWho8pDH
    Unathletic as. Might have a career if he can defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may or may not be reading too much into this, but you could see a visible look of disappointment in Brian Wright’s face when the Spurs landed at pick #4 after having already been announced to have jumped into the top 4.

This could suggest that his target all along was widely mocked to be in the top 3.
    Agree. I think his target was Sarr. And I hope PATFO's #1 target is still Sarr. Come draft night, do what's necesssary (within reason) to go get Sarr. Combination of any players not named Victor plus the #4 is an example of "within reason". Trading back the majority of major draft capital beyond this season is not.

Sarr + Wemby is not Twin Towers 2.0. Sarr is a 1st Team All-Defensive *wing*, when coupled with VW. Begins to transform our atrocious perimeter defense into an eventual strength, even as a rookie. His shot will need to continue to develop. If PATFO is thinking that, we're on the right track, even while everyone continues debating the lesser evils of this year's traditional guard / wing prospects.

Given the current roster, I wish the Spurs were a mediocre guard or wing away from being a decent team. But we're not. If Sarr is a no-go, then Castle is the only other lottery pick option that makes sense. I like his smarts and hustle. Much less impact as a rookie, and much lower overall ceiling than Sarr, but if he stays healthy, he won't be a bust like some of the more popular lottery suspects will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the 48th Pick on Day 2 of the NBA Draft the San Antonio Spurs select Dillon Jones, unless he has climbed to #47. Similar build as Cissoko, who went 44th last year. Even a good showing at interviews and workouts won't get him into the 1st round.
    Probably even less of a chance than most of this draft at sticking, but, ya never really know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being salty one year after winning the lottery to draft mother ing Wemby... and still advanced in this lottery anyways and got Toronto's pick too.
    You gotta admit it's an interesting situation. The team SA owns the draft future of makes a plus nine leap into range of a French player position of need that RC went to watch play and figures to be a target. It's good draft drama.

Not sure what Wemby has to do with it lol I'm extremely grateful for Wemby and thrilled for SAs 2024 draft positions and you won't find any comments from me to the contrary. Weird way to use Wemby's name like that considering his unanimous adoration among the fanbase provides a consensus brigade when otherwise completely irrelevant to the ATL SAS situation and cir stances. HOU is getting their third top 3 pick since 2021 gra ude does not seem to correlate with draft fortune lol

And I agree that ATL 24 #1 may or may not contribute to their ultimate success. "at least initially being a curse wrapped in a blessing" and "a successful Risacher" all qualify the statement adequately imho. It's another interesting tangent and again adds to the drama brewing over the whole situation. Those ATL FRPs are crucial assets to the Spurs future I can't imagine not monitoring this situation closely as a Spurs fan. It's juicy. A plus nine leap, do they hold Risacher hostage, do the Spurs want Risa badly enough to engage, does the 24 #1 ultimately help or hurt the value of their picks we hold. Proper NBA Draft saga and it's entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG...I laughed out so loud when I read Exstatic response - But to his defense you did ask..
    A normal person would ask, "Why are they asking this very specific question? Oh, it's probably irony. They're referring to someone specific. That's right, Damian Lillard."

But not ecstatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sniff on sniff crime

Believe.
    Post Count
    A normal person would ask, "Why are they asking this very specific question? Oh, it's probably irony. They're referring to someone specific. That's right, Damian Lillard."

But not ecstatic.

Damn I thought you were talking about Lance Allred the first Mormon polygamist NBA player!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so yall really dont see clingan and wemby together.Man a defensive presence that would be.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may or may not be reading too much into this, but you could see a visible look of disappointment in Brian Wright’s face when the Spurs landed at pick #4 after having already been announced to have jumped into the top 4.

This could suggest that his target all along was widely mocked to be in the top 3.
    Or, ending up at 4, once you know that you're in the top 4, is the worst possible outcome, and you're disappointed that this portion of the lottery went the worst way possible.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some weeks ago I asked if wie are all sleeping on Cody Williams. I still think we do. If Risacher is off the board, and he likely will be, Cody should move up on the Spurs list. At least to pick 8. wouldn‘t be surprised, if they do consider him at 4.
    one point about him we didn‘t take into consideration is him as a personalty. This is a super mature, humble, bright and eloquent kid with an obviously strong background from a good family. He will blow away teams with his interviews. Yes, maybe I put to much into those intangibles aspects, but isn‘t it that way: if this draft lacks top tier talent, won‘t teams put even more relevance to those aspects?
    put Cody next to, say, Castle or Dillingham in an interview situation……jezzz, that‘s night and day when you listen to those two.

I don‘t see why Timvp called his measurements a letdown and put him so low on his board. I mean, really? Cody measured well for a wing with a great wingspan. The fact that he is pretty thin wasn‘t a secret before the combine. He will put on muscles, like his brother did, you can count on a similar gene pool.

so, IMO if Spurs pick a guard at 4, they will pick Cody at 8, if he is there. (some teams will rank him higher than the mocks do). but again, if Spurs miss out on Risacher, they might pick him at 4, this would of course also push a guard down a spot, and at 8 there will still be several players out of the group of Sheppard, Topic, Castle, Dillingham, McCain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle seeing himself as a PG and turning down teams that don't need a starting PG confirms that the right move for Spurs is likely to go with a SF at #4 and a PG at #8.

There is a good chance that Castle, Dillingham and Topic are all available at #8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Cody. I think the bummer on the measurements, though, is that he’s clearly still a project. I had hoped he could slot into the 3/4, but right now his weight alone suggests 2/3. He’s not that good a shooter or creator yet to play there. Maybe in 2 years tho, so could be worth the risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some weeks ago I asked if wie are all sleeping on Cody Williams. I still think we do. If Risacher is off the board, and he likely will be, Cody should move up on the Spurs list.
    I really like him too.
    My SF ranking for Spurs is :
    1) Risacher
    2) Cody Williams
    3) Buzelis
    4) Ron Holland

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so yall really dont see clingan and wemby together.Man a defensive presence that would be.
    Sarr is the better fit because Sarr can play away from the basket better and has better mobility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clingan might actually get in Wemby's way. Sarr probably wouldn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some weeks ago I asked if wie are all sleeping on Cody Williams. I still think we do. If Risacher is off the board, and he likely will be, Cody should move up on the Spurs list. At least to pick 8. wouldn‘t be surprised, if they do consider him at 4.
    one point about him we didn‘t take into consideration is him as a personalty. This is a super mature, humble, bright and eloquent kid with an obviously strong background from a good family. He will blow away teams with his interviews. Yes, maybe I put to much into those intangibles aspects, but isn‘t it that way: if this draft lacks top tier talent, won‘t teams put even more relevance to those aspects?
    put Cody next to, say, Castle or Dillingham in an interview situation……jezzz, that‘s night and day when you listen to those two.

I don‘t see why Timvp called his measurements a letdown and put him so low on his board. I mean, really? Cody measured well for a wing with a great wingspan. The fact that he is pretty thin wasn‘t a secret before the combine. He will put on muscles, like his brother did, you can count on a similar gene pool.

so, IMO if Spurs pick a guard at 4, they will pick Cody at 8, if he is there. (some teams will rank him higher than the mocks do). but again, if Spurs miss out on Risacher, they might pick him at 4, this would of course also push a guard down a spot, and at 8 there will still be several players out of the group of Sheppard, Topic, Castle, Dillingham, McCain.
    I can see Cody getting nabbed in the 5-7 range, but feel he will drop. He was overrated largely because of his brother early on, when he was hitting difficult shots on drives and efficient everywhere. There was a lot of claims about how younger brothers are always better than their siblings or whatever. But then his issues became evident. As conference play continued, his efficiency started dropping.

He's tall and lanky, but not exactly fast. The strength may improve, but a lot of skinny dudes play in the NBA. He's sort of Corey Brewer in that regard (just in size, Brewer was much faster). The problem with Williams is he's so slow, deliberate, but also passive.

I have no idea what you mean about interviews. Castle is a bit brusque, like he'd rather not be talking, but has a good family. Dillingham comes off as humble and chatty. Their backgrounds are fine. I'm reminded of a No Ceilings video where the dude was gushing about how Cody Williams was talking with his teammates during shootaround and getting along with them. Like, is that your baseline? That he gets along with teammates? Most players get along with teammates.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarr is the better fit because Sarr can play away from the basket better and has better mobility.
    They would be amazing on defense together but they wont fit on offense.

That said if Sarr somehow fell to the 4th pick they should just swing for the fences on him. Its a bad class with no clear cut best talents.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Cody getting nabbed in the 5-7 range, but feel he will drop. He was overrated largely because of his brother early on, when he was hitting difficult shots on drives and efficient everywhere. There was a lot of claims about how younger brothers are always better than their siblings or whatever. But then his issues became evident. As conference play continued, his efficiency started dropping.

He's tall and lanky, but not exactly fast. The strength may improve, but a lot of skinny dudes play in the NBA. He's sort of Corey Brewer in that regard (just in size, Brewer was much faster). The problem with Williams is he's so slow, deliberate, but also passive.

I have no idea what you mean about interviews. Castle is a bit brusque, like he'd rather not be talking, but has a good family. Dillingham comes off as humble and chatty. Their backgrounds are fine. I'm reminded of a No Ceilings video where the dude was gushing about how Cody Williams was talking with his teammates during shootaround and getting along with them. Like, is that your baseline? That he gets along with teammates? Most players get along with teammates.
    It's tough to judge Williams post-injuries. He wasn't the same player and the team dynamic changed while he was out. I think it was a tough spot for a young player, but I respect that he tried to fit in when he returned, arguably to the detriment of his draft stock . As I look at the top-ish of this draft, he's the one prospect that I feel is going to generate the most fomo when he's passed over.

With regard to Castle, he makes a lot of sense for the Spurs regardless of his point guard intentions/demands. This conference looks to be dominated over the next several years by Doncic, SGA and Anthony Edwards. Having a point of attack defender seems like more of a necessity than a luxury. I think if somehow Risarcher makes it to 4, the Spurs won't be able to help themselves, but otherwise Castle is probably the move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cody Williams' stock is mostly based on potential rather than actual production, every time I watched him play I came away really underwhelmed. However, given how flat this draft is, the value of wings and shooting in the modern game, the question marks of his compe ion and the needs of teams picking top 10, I can see him going anywhere from 5 to 10 (Detroit, Charlotte, Portland, Spurs, Memphis, Utah). But I'm really hoping guys like Knecht and Clingan get into the top 7 so that we have more options at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dame Lillard...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the recent plethora of top french prospects in the nba & france winning the world cup is a result of allowing immigration to take over ur country........
    Allowing immigration in France means multicultural wealth.

(All these players are models not only of integration but also of the vivacity of the French multi-ethnic model despite the far-right outbursts and the constant harassment that certain racialized populations receive from ins utions. Why are they models? Because most are mixed race, from multi-ethnic marriages: Parker, Batum, Diaw, Gobert, Wembanyama, Salaün, Risacher, all these players have parents from different cultures, nationalities and colors. Immigration has always been the main asset of healthy societies. Given the way the world is turning and the way in which everyone has for several years sought to withdraw into themselves and only be around people who are similar, I still hope to see within a few years children from mixed marriages who will make the happiness of French culture and will be the standards of the French model of integration abroad. It is a model which also seems to exist in other equally peaceful societies which are used to being multicultural: Canada, Belgium, Germany. Sorry, but I find the Anglo-Saxon models or the models of Catholic countries where everyone stays with their "community" much less enviable and not necessarily subject to less conflict. France seems to be moving towards this model, personally, I prefer the one of which all these aforementioned players are the children.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cody Williams' stock is mostly based on potential rather than actual production, every time I watched him play I came away really underwhelmed. However, given how flat this draft is, the value of wings and shooting in the modern game, the question marks of his compe ion and the needs of teams picking top 10, I can see him going anywhere from 5 to 10 (Detroit, Charlotte, Portland, Spurs, Memphis, Utah). But I'm really hoping guys like Knecht and Clingan get into the top 7 so that we have more options at 8.
    Some of my thoughts on Williams are still impacted by my annoyance at the whole "He's gonna be a GOD because he has a BROTHER" narrative. To be much more fair to him, I think he's late lottery in a normal draft and that's not bad for this one. He moves smoothly, knows what to do on the court. If injury really did slow him down, that's a truth to locate. Ultimately he has some Risacher-itis where he doesn't rebound the ball, but he's more of a connector and has some ball-handling ability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Sarr - ATL
    2. Topic - WAS
    3. Risacher - HOU
    4. Dillingham - SAT
    5. Buzelis - DET
    6. Sheppard - CHA
    7. Clingan - POR
    8. Holland - SAT
    9. Castle - MEM
    10. Collier - UT

That's my top-10 mock as of right now. Subject to change of course. With Topic's injury not being severe, I think he's going to work out well for teams and Washington desperately needs a PG. Think they end up taking him. There's also rumblings in NBA media circles right now that Dillingham is going to go higher than many are projecting. Spurs may not risk anything and just take him at 4 to be safe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's tough to judge Williams post-injuries. He wasn't the same player and the team dynamic changed while he was out. I think it was a tough spot for a young player, but I respect that he tried to fit in when he returned, arguably to the detriment of his draft stock . As I look at the top-ish of this draft, he's the one prospect that I feel is going to generate the most fomo when he's passed over.

With regard to Castle, he makes a lot of sense for the Spurs regardless of his point guard intentions/demands. This conference looks to be dominated over the next several years by Doncic, SGA and Anthony Edwards. Having a point of attack defender seems like more of a necessity than a luxury. I think if somehow Risarcher makes it to 4, the Spurs won't be able to help themselves, but otherwise Castle is probably the move.
    Yeah, I think if Risacher is present at 4, there's no way the Spurs can pass, if as much to please Wemby as anything (if he's genuine about liking him). He's probably going to be fine, but we're not talking a whole lot of upside here. If he can actually defend, that changes things, but his metrics are poor. The lack of rebounding is another part of defense that matters, and the starting lineup is already showing issues in that regard. He's a poor passer, which matters in the Spurs' system. He'll be as ineffective as Keldon is in that regard.

Right now my best situation might be Castle-Dillingham.

Risacher-Castle is probably second. Risacher-Dillingham might be third. Back my head keeps saying that losing out on Dillingham will be a big mistake.

Thread Information