Page 317 of 387 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 9659
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with that said i hope we wind up with one of the kentucky guys and not the tall PG of this draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with that said i hope we wind up with one of the kentucky guys and not the tall PG of this draft
    You dont like Castle?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont like Castle?
    I was referring to Topic

i dont even see castle as a PG despite the story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont like Castle?
    Do we really want to get into another "if we can fix his shot" situation? How many of those have worked out for us recently? Sochan, Tre, Branham, Wesley, Siddy. Heck, even Keldon, who had a fluke season, now regressed on that area. How many more of those can we afford? We need to get some actual real shooters on the team, imho.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need a playmaker at pg...Is castle gonna be sochan running pg and not be able to mesh with wemby cause hes an average passer and cant shoot.
    Rather draft reed who can really shoot and at least a average playmaker.If we draft castle with reed or dilly i would be ok with that.
    Or topic with reed would be cool to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don't trade as many of their infinite 2nd rounds picks as it takes to get in range to draft this guy, Imma lose my , tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we really want to get into another "if we can fix his shot" situation? How many of those have worked out for us recently? Sochan, Tre, Branham, Wesley, Siddy. Heck, even Keldon, who had a fluke season, now regressed on that area. How many more of those can we afford? We need to get some actual real shooters on the team, imho.
    He’s 19 and the shot isn’t broken fundamentally. It’s A. Not been shot a lot, B not good percentage wise.

The form is there, higher usage the shot gets better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If available, our #4 pick should be this guy. Do not overthink it, tbh.

I don't care if he can't create his own shot, his off-ball game and defense would make him a nice piece to have next to Wemby for years to come. That's as good as we can hope for in this draft, imho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of the teams 5-7, I do think DET is the biggest threat to take a PG. Cade/Ivey/Dillingham would actually be a pretty nifty three man rotation at guard as I think all three work in any combination with the others. I just don't see it with CHA, and in POR I don't either unless they decide on moving Simons.Still think it makes most sense for them to move to 3 and take their choice of remaining wings though.
    Don’t Forget that they take sasser last Year who was not bad, they have a hole at the foWard spot. I don’t see them as a threat. Imo The only real threats for the spurs in the top 8 are wash and Houston who draft just before us and can totally take a guard.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:30 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    warming up to the idea, that the Spurs pick Castle at 4, I thought about some pro arguments for that decision.

it's more or less common sense that this draft lacks star talent. so why evaluate players by criteria of potential star players. Dillingham will never be a role player, he either flourishes in a star role, or he will bust.

I liked what Castle said, when asked what player he tried to emulate or looked up to: "probably Jrue Holiday".......well, that's a smart answer. (not one of the usual suspects Luka, SGA, Harden etc.).
    it's even a clever answer, because people will say, right, Jrue wasn't shooting well either when at UCLA. and he was regarded as a combo guard, with doubts if he could handle the 1 spot.
    so, if you get a 6'6" version of Jrue from this draft, you could be pretty happy, right?

one more thought: Herb Jones was just awarded all defense 1st team.
    Castle and Jones display an almost identical physical profile and I see them pretty similar regarding their athletic abilities.
    the most intriguing aspect about Castle might be, that if he can't be molded into this jumbo version of Jrue, you can still mold him into a copy of Herb.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Pistons big board would like this given their need for shooting and a 4 man or jumbo wing to slot between Duren and Ausar in the front court.

1. Risacher (best fit and BPA)
    2. Sarr (not great fit but BPA)
    3. Buzelis (best fit as jumbo wing or 4 man but lacks shooting)
    4. Holland (same as Buzelis but smaller and more of a 3 then a 4).
    5. Sheppard
    6. Williams
    7. Knecht
    8. Dillingham
    9. Castle
    10. Clingan

There really is a lack of PF in this draft. I mean the only real PF in the lottery projected picks is Tidjane Salaun. Maybe Buzelis but to me he’s too thin to be a 4.

Salaun might be a trade down candidate for Pistons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    warming up to the idea, that the Spurs pick Castle at 4, I thought about some pro arguments for that decision.

it's more or less common sense that this draft lacks star talent. so why evaluate players by criteria of potential star players. Dillingham will never be a role player, he either flourishes in a star role, or he will bust.

I liked what Castle said, when asked what player he tried to emulate or looked up to: "probably Jrue Holiday".......well, that's a smart answer. (not one of the usual suspects Luka, SGA, Harden etc.).
    it's even a clever answer, because people will say, right, Jrue wasn't shooting well either when at UCLA. and he was regarded as a combo guard, with doubts if he could handle the 1 spot.
    so, if you get a 6'6" version of Jrue from this draft, you could be pretty happy, right?

one more thought: Herb Jones was just awarded all defense 1st team.
    Castle and Jones display an almost identical physical profile and I see them pretty similar regarding their athletic abilities.
    the most intriguing aspect about Castle might be, that if he can't be molded into this jumbo version of Jrue, you can still mold him into a copy of Herb.
    Having multiple people to throw at Anthony Edwards and offensive guards/wings of his ilk is much more realistic than finding a player as good or better than them on offense. Pop has always used defense as his main scheme and drafting a defensive player would be in line with that tradition. In the end, we’re catering to both Wemby AND Pop in terms of roster building because someone has to draw up the X’s and O’.

Ball game changes when the switch comes with a stopper every time. I’m not completely on board with Castle but envisioning suffocating defense for all 48 minutes sure is appealing to me than having a bunch of one dimensional shooters play hot potato on offense because they don’t know how to create their own offense (Risacher).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I circle around these three: Risacher, Castle, Dillingham. Any 2 of these would give you at least one shooter, and at least one wing/guard (Castle can fall into either category). All three are young (19), have a solid floor and plenty of upside, and fit a need. And it's highly likely you can get 2 of the three where the Spurs will be drafting (4 & 8), but in the rare case all three are gone by 8, then Sheppard would be my 4th candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If available, our #4 pick should be this guy. Do not overthink it, tbh.

I don't care if he can't create his own shot, his off-ball game and defense would make him a nice piece to have next to Wemby for years to come. That's as good as we can hope for in this draft, imho.
    He’s likely going #2 to WAS so won’t have to be a consideration for us. Castle will most likely be a Spur tbh.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:20 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I want for the Spurs to win as soon as possible, lest Wemby would be tired of losing and jump ship out of our team. So who are really the best two picks that will impact winning as soon possible that can maybe make us a playoff team or at least close to that. Who??? What do we need most to reach that? Playmaking, Defense, Shooting? Who among the picks will maximize the skill of Wemby? Who among the picks will make Wemby happy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I want for the Spurs to win as soon as possible, lest Wemby would be tired of losing and jump ship out of our team. So who are really the best two picks that will impact winning as soon possible that can maybe make us a playoff team or at least close to that. Who??? What do we need most to reach that? Playmaking, Defense, Shooting? Who among the picks will maximize the skill of Wemby? Who among the picks will make Wemby happy?
    1) Defense when Wemby sits - lacking a decent big
    2) lack of shot creators when our shooters are cold
    3) overall basketball IQ

Three main causes for losing this past season

everybody likes to sum it up and say, “we need a second star” but i think that’s lazy analysis

At minimum, just get a good big to replace Collins, a dynamic offensive player, and bring some vets in. These things should improve the wins by a lot. And if one of those guys is a star, all the better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle is definitely in play for the Wizards at number 2 as he fits in the backcourt with Poole.

Clingan, Risacher, Sarr are the other 3 in play for the Wiz I think.

Can’t see anyone else, including Topic.
    There fans were higher on Topic pre-injury.
    perhaps he’s still in play there but 2 is high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Washington and Houston might be looking for win now players trying to make the playoff there is a chance Sarr will fall to #4

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Defense when Wemby sits - lacking a decent big
    2) lack of shot creators when our shooters are cold
    3) overall basketball IQ

Three main causes for losing this past season

everybody likes to sum it up and say, “we need a second star” but i think that’s lazy analysis

At minimum, just get a good big to replace Collins, a dynamic offensive player, and bring some vets in. These things should improve the wins by a lot. And if one of those guys is a star, all the better.
    Okey then lets get

A decent big
    Shot creators
    IQ overall

Thanks, Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okey then lets get

A decent big
    Shot creators
    IQ overall

Thanks, Dejounte.
    A decent big should theoretically be easy to get. Plenty of cheap bigs or bigs drafted in the late first round become decent enough. See: Naz Reid.

For IQ, you’d hope the current players would be smarter as they develop through the experience they got from last year. If not, ship them away. Keldon is an example of someone who stalled or regressed in the IQ department.

Shot creators are a premium. Like LeBron said, a lot of players in the league don’t know how to play basketball. Get players who know how to play basketball. Don’t focus on guys whose main appeal is their height and length. If a player exhibits Chris Paul level intellect on the floor, draft that guy with the highest pick possible. Basketball is a game of minimizing mistakes. You let the other team pay when they make a mistake and you try to make none. If players can’t execute and keep their focus 100% of the they’re on the floor, they don’t deserve to be a Spur.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could blame Franz for that too. But Parlo isn't a great interior defender. He did improve alot. Carter and Issac obviously are. Snuggs made them that good this year. He was a big part of that. Also, I am just considering that it's easier to find a shooter and poor defender than a strong guard defender with offensive limitations.
    I agree that it's easier, but the shooter helps you more than a greate perimeter defender who can't shoot, primarily because you can just run a lot of screens to move that defender off your best offensive players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby can score 80 a game if necessary we need more defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Washington and Houston might be looking for win now players trying to make the playoff there is a chance Sarr will fall to #4
    Zero chance Sarr falls to 4. There's little chance the Hawks don't take him 1st Overall, but even if they didn't, both Washington and Houston would jump all over him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft should be framed as shooters VS non shooters. Tons of guys who can defend but cant shoot with only three shooters in Dilly/Shep/Knecht. Select a shooter at 4 and take the left over defender with no jumper at 8. Plenty of defenders to choose from and lets be honest we're splitting hairs between all the defenders. Let someone else split the hairs for you and take the shooter first.
    Last edited by Kevin; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft should be framed as shooters VS non shooters. Tons of guys who can defend but cant shoot with only three shooters in Dilly/Shep/Knecht. Select a shooter at 4 and take the left over defender with no jumper at 8. Plenty of defenders to choose from and lets be honest we're splitting hairs between all the defenders. Let someone else split the hairs for you and take the shooter first.
    Highly unlikely they’d take any of Dilly/Sheppard/Knecht over Castle at 4. Switch it around and you have a much more likely scenario.

Thread Information