Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I talked to my source about him recently and he told me that George is going to work his ass off this summer. He'll spend a few weeks going up against Tony, learning new things etc. and then once Tony goes over to Paris George will go work with Mike Bibby at some camp for point guards.

I hope he shows amazing improvement in shooting, scoring and playmaking ability. Out of those three I'd say that his play making ability was the most lacking part of his game. Sure George hardly turned the ball over, but he never took chances to create for his team mates.
    In addition, George didn't do a good enough job of taking scoring upon himself. He was a bona-fide scorer in college, and he seems to be spending too much time deferring to his teammates. While admirable, it's not always the right choice, and I hope much of that was due to his being a rookie and trying to make a good impression on the team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are 13 minutes a game at backup PG, and Hill should get them all. He should also pick up another 5 or 6 minutes playing SG alongside Tony. If Pop can keep Hill in 18-20 minutes a game, I think by the end of the season he will have turned into a solid NBA backup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I talked to my source about him recently and he told me that George is going to work his ass off this summer. He'll spend a few weeks going up against Tony, learning new things etc. and then once Tony goes over to Paris George will go work with Mike Bibby at some camp for point guards.

I hope he shows amazing improvement in shooting, scoring and playmaking ability. Out of those three I'd say that his play making ability was the most lacking part of his game. Sure George hardly turned the ball over, but he never took chances to create for his team mates.
    Hey, Georgie was the one that threw that impressive "alley oop" to Pops Mensa Bonsu.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Hill is a pimp. I really hope this guy succeeds, and not just because he's a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mike Bibby?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they dont trade hill away this guy is bball player plain and simple!.....and for his position situation i got to agree with most of you guys....he can be a combo guard like kirk hinrich....he would only have to play pointguard for about 15 minutes a game and then just let him loose when he is at sg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't know why him. Bibby is a good shooter, perhaps it is a shooting camp.
    Bibby's actually the guy Tony basicaly used as his blueprint for improving his shot.

Seems to have worked for Tony, hopefully George has the same success.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of Bibby, but he would be a guy Pop would like..he plays the style that would be successful on our team, so it would be good for Hill to learn from a guy like him..Hill is much more physically gifted though, so hopefully he learns how to use his athleticism on the offensive end..

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Hill can become half the point guard that Bibby is I'll consider him an overwhelming success.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Hill can become half the point guard that Bibby is I'll consider him an overwhelming success.

You must think the world of Bibby then....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half of Bibby's prime is already awesome. However, it is not that fair to compare Hill with Bibby considering their different styles.

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Bibby more of a scoring PG or rather a very undersized SG? As long as they have a backup plan for the [Hill] backup plan than it couldn't hurt to have him attempt to expand his game. I still would like to see him primarily start and get minutes at SG with maybe even a Marcus Williams running Point-forward if he's ready and focus more on scoring and defense, but it'll be up to the coaching staff to decide what's best for Hill and the team. Either way, he's going to get steadier minutes.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Mike Bibby's prime in Sacramento he was argueably a top 6 point guard.

His scoring and passing ability were awesome on those Sacramento teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of these rumors and news about the Spurs looking into point guards leads me to believe that the Spurs are still looking for a backup point guard and that Hill will spend a lot of time playing defense at the 2 spot. Do you all think that Pop likes Hill better at the SG position?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop likes Hill at both spots depending on what the need is. I just feel that Hill is going to be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill needs to be more like courtney lee in the way he approaches the game

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I have a bad feeling Hill will be included in a small trade hence the looks at all these point guards.

I'd love to be wrong.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    go hill! keep up the good work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a bad feeling Hill will be included in a small trade hence the looks at all these point guards.

I'd love to be wrong.
    I hope you are too. I still can't believe the Spurs almost gave him up in the failed Marcus Camby trade. Talk about a possible step backwards.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I hope you are too. I still can't believe the Spurs almost gave him up in the failed Marcus Camby trade. Talk about a possible step backwards.
    I'm hoping it means Mason is on the way out but Hill would make more sense if the Spurs really are trying to get into the first round.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't have many trade options. the not fully guaranteed contracts of Fab and Bruce are somehow attractive for some teams, but we must not ignore that many other teams also can offer such contracts and quite a few are better in terms of salary dump potential.
    so the Spurs will need to add something to get a quality player. and Hill is such an asset, even if the other teams won't exactly piss their pants when they hear his name. Mason is the other one.
    so yes, I also think there is a good chance that Hill is part of a trade package this year. it's not to get rid of him, it will be to bring in someone who makes the team significantly better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't have many trade options. the not fully guaranteed contracts of Fab and Bruce are somehow attractive for some teams, but we must not ignore that many other teams also can offer such contracts and quite a few are better in terms of salary dump potential.
    so the Spurs will need to add something to get a quality player. and Hill is such an asset, even if the other teams won't exactly piss their pants when they hear his name. Mason is the other one.
    so yes, I also think there is a good chance that Hill is part of a trade package this year. it's not to get rid of him, it will be to bring in someone who makes the team significantly better.
    If they do include him (I hope not), then the player they get back better be darn good.

I wouldn't trade Hill just to get into the first round unless there's a potential steal.

Everything said, I'd still be surprised if Hill isn't wearing silver and black next year.

Thread Information