San Antonio Spurs
    brunch break?

Californians

Good catch.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    This would only happen in America. ing ridiculous. This is treason if you ask me. Americans not being able to wear American flag t-shirts on American soil. This never happened when Bush was president.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    According to Wikipedia, Cinco de Mayo is a holiday held on May 5 that commemorates the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces ......

so by the Americans wearing American shirts on a holiday that celebrated the army´s unlikely victory over french forces, they are insulting the mexican holiday ?

Mexican´s aren´t the only race in the states, so should americans keep every other countries unlikely victory over another force in mind ?

in ridiculous

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dang

I have tees with Israel flag and with Jordan flag on it.

I will be kicked out of my job?

srsly - this world have less and less tolerance

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dang

I have tees with Israel flag and with Jordan flag on it.

I will be kicked out of my job?

srsly - this world have less and less tolerance
    as long as u don't wear a shirt with BOTH Israel Flag and Jordan Flag on it at the same time, cuz that'll just confuse people

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    If those kids wear American flag t-shirts all the time, fine. If they specifically wore the flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo to with everybody, that makes them assholes. But sending them home was the wrong move - just gives ammunition to the crazies.
    Does the first amendment have a clause I don't know about, stating it cannot be used to intentionally upset someone?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does the first amendment have a clause I don't know about, stating it cannot be used to intentionally upset someone?
    The First Amendment doesn't protect them from being called assholes. Maybe you should reread his post.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

No it doesn't, much to the dismay of Jerry Falwell and the delight of Larry Flynt.

However, the Supreme Court ruled as recently as the "bong hits for Jesus" case that First Amendment protections do not necessarily apply in schools. On top of that there is plenty of precedence for sending home disruptive students based on speech or what they are wearing.

Arguing straight First Amendment is a loser on this one. What should be argued is that the students were not being disruptive, and that therefore the actions the principal took were unjustified.

Thread Information