My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    what should the rangers do with him? DH? 1B? trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to reports, the Rangers have tried to trade him, but Young's salary is making it hard to trade him. From a financial standpoint, it makes sense to trade Young, but hes the teams leader, and has been a very loyal guy with the Rangers. I personally hope he doesn't get traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it depends on if Moreland pans out at 1st. Right now he is a lock for DH, but its nice having a veteran backup utility infielder. I think they should wait until after Spring training to make any decisions about trading him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Your better off with him than without plus I think it would up the rangers clubhouse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your better off with him than without plus i think it would up the rangers clubhouse
    +1

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DH Utility guy.

He will be starting every day anyways when Kinsler gets his usual injuries.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...l-young-trade/

UPDATE: Rockies could complete trade for Michael Young by Monday

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    stupid deal imho

also at Aaron ing Cook being the deciding factor on whether this trade happens or not.

"We're only going to do this trade if we get a ty pitcher in return!"

although I'm sure all the Nolan knobslobbers will predict Cook for the Cy Young next season if the trade goes down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotta take the good with the bad if this goes down..
    the good: Rangers would get rid of Young's contract and will hopefully receive the 2008 Cook which had a 3.9 ERA with 16 wins.
    the bad: Youngs leadership will be missed and the Rangers could get the 2010 Cook with 6 wins and 5 era

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might wanna click that one again chico

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    gotta take the good with the bad if this goes down..
    the good: Rangers would get rid of Young's contract and will hopefully receive the 2008 Cook which had a 3.9 ERA with 16 wins.
    the bad: Youngs leadership will be missed and the Rangers could get the 2010 Cook with 6 wins and 5 era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    click what again chico?
    hmm, ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks if this happens. Seems inevitable though, according to multiple reports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks if this happens. Seems inevitable though, according to multiple reports.
    Well, according to the Rangers they are not interested in trading Michael Young right now.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...l-young-trade/

UPDATE: Haven’t we been through this whole song and dance before?

Troy Renck of the Denver Post has spoken with multiple sources with direct knowledge of the Rockies’ situation, who tell him that the Rangers have not re-opened talks for Michael Young.

The Rockies are interested, mind you, but they would want the Rangers to eat $20 million, if not more, in order to get a deal done. As of now, nothing doing.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ty offseason for the Rangers.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    click what again chico?

hmm, ok.
    The link posted, they had changed the article to say no deal imminent after he posted it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Might wanna learn to read chico. Nobody said a trade was imminent, just that they were in talks and it COULD go down Monday. Which was all true even after the update. Obviously if they know Colorado wants Texas to eat 20 million of his contract, they've been in talks.

also

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb...ory?id=6098059

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/ar...s_tex&c_id=tex

Young arrives in Rangers' camp ready to work
    By T.R. Sullivan / MLB.com | 02/19/11 3:00 PM EST

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Michael Young arrived in camp on Saturday, saying he was ready to play baseball and get ready for the season. He is ready to accept his new role of designated hitter and utility infielder.

But he would not address his request for a trade, or the question if he still wanted to be traded by the Rangers. That issue still remains unanswered.

"I'm not going to answer any trade-related questions," Young said. "That's not fair to my teammates. I'm not here to be a distraction. This is not about me, but the team."

Young requested a trade two weeks ago. He insisted that his request was not motivated by being asked to be the DH, but by other issues between himself and the club. Several one-on-one conversations with club president Nolan Ryan helped Young.

"Nolan knows my feelings," Young said. "It's great to be able to talk straight with somebody you respect. I know what happened, I know exactly what happened. Now, I'm expecting to get ready for the season and play baseball. I'm a baseball player. I love to play baseball."

Young admitted that he was surprised that the Rangers didn't pull off a trade.

"I thought I would be traded," Young said. "But the one thing I learned this off-season, you can't assume anything. You don't know what potentially will happen."
    __________________________________________________ ______________1

I'm happy that Young is taking this approach, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded at some point before the deadline. As long as we get someone or something that is equally as valuable or better I'm fine with it. It's unfortunate that that the heart and soul of the Rangers wants to be traded but at the end of the day this is a business and signing Beltre was good business.

Thread Information