Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From The Daily Six Shooter at PlaymakerOnline.com:

Boy, what an exciting, fun and riveting game we had in Texas last night! Of course, I’m talking about the Rangers taking down the Seattle Mariners for their 4th straight win to open the season.

Nelson Cruz went deep once again in this game as he’s homered in every game so far this season. That means he’s on pace for 162 home runs this year, which would be more than twice as many as Barry Bonds hit when he was jacked up on steroids in 2001.

But Cruz isn’t just hitting for power and getting lucky with these homers. In four games, he’s only struck out three times and has walked two other times. His OPS is a ridiculous 1.786.

Starting pitcher Derek Holland did a pretty solid job as the starter for Texas. He wasn’t dominant, but gave the Rangers a quality start and pitched his best with runners in scoring position. Seattle was 3-9 with runners in scoring position and Holland collected five strikeouts while only issuing one walk.

Texas didn’t nearly get this kind of attention last year because they didn’t have any playoff pedigree, but now everyone is putting them back on top of “teams to watch” lists considering how it appears that they haven’t lost anything after last year’s World Series run. Despite Cliff Lee leaving, they’re getting quality efforts from the starting rotation. Despite Neftali Feliz wanting to become a starter, he looks like he’s gotten better as a closer. And the offense is overloaded with talent in the outfield and infield.

This is going to be a fun season to follow.

For more MLB coverage, check out PlaymakerOnline.com
    Playmaker Magazine: The Source for Sports in Texas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't get another home run from Nellie tonight but they still got the win!

Thread Information