Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all relative. Hill is a bad PG. He has no passing skills whatsoever. How many times have a Spurs player been wide open and Hill failed to recognize this? He can defend SOME PGs but was destroyed by old man Nash in the last POs. He is a good scoring SG however. Manu would be the true PG but would this really improve the team?

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks have picked up Chauncey's option, so he's on the payroll for the full 14.2M, the five day deadline was from the end of New York's season, not the NBA season.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/28/sp.../28knicks.html

They picked up his option so that they will have a large enough contract to trade at the deadline for Howard or Paul. If they can't get one of those two, they may look at Parker at that time and even be willing to eat RJ's deal, but they're not doing that trade before June 30th.
    I see. but do they really have a chance to trade for Howard or Paul? they have no assets left, all they can offer is a minor salary dump scenario by as well taking a bad contract and even there they are limited. (they could somehow design a package big enough to take Howard and Hedo, but not Howard and Arenas). and the Hornets don't have any really bad contracts on the books. (unless we consider Okafor such a bad contract , which it isn't IMO. overpayed yes, but you can find quite a lot worse contracts out there)
    either Magic and Hornets will at least ask for a top pick or a very talented young player. (like Bynum, if he wasn't that injury prone)

so, if they are realistic, they might consider the TP option as the right deal for this summer, getting a 3rd star in the first place might as well help to draw more attention from FAs who are in the MLE range. (like Dalembert for example)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've long thought about trading Parker for Nash, since Chris Paul isn't a realistic option. The only thing I worry about is that Nash doesn't fit this type of system. We can't run like we did in the regular season in the playoffs, and also he is a defensive liability, just like Parker. I'd prefer to trade him for a big. I wonder how fond the Jazz are of Al Jefferson.
    I doubt we could pry Al Jefferson away from Utah. He is a massive dominant beast. They already have an adequate PG in devin harris so Tony wouldn't be needed in utah, who do you think we could trade big Al for?

RJ and Dice's expiring works. But i don't see them swapping Al Jefferson for RJ and cash from Dice's contract. If they were in on it then yes please! Do it!

Al Jefferson
    Timmy
    Free agent SF
    Manu
    Tony

Damn solid lineup!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has had to day a press conference in France. Here are the parts regarding Spurs:

About the loss against Memphis:
    I took the time to think at it. It's a big disappointment. I talked last week about it with Pop and he was truly sad. So is Duncan. We are all very frustrated after such a great regular season. It was a difficult matchup for us. We got dominated in the paint. Dallas or OKC would have been easier for us. It depends on little details. We could very well be at Dallas spot today...

About next year:
    At the start of this season, I've said that it was our last shot to win it all. Duncan and Ginobili are getting older. It will be hard to renew the team. We will still have a good team but we can't say we will be a contender. There are young teams that come.

Is he disappointed about to have signed an extension given that?
    Ni, I'm not. I came from a difficult season with some injuries. I only had one year left on my contract. I couldn't take the risk to turn down the 4 years extension and not securing my future.

Will he be traded?
    In San Antonio, if someone is going to be traded, I know it will be me. Pop told me they wanted to keep me. It's a business but I don't think they will have given me an extension if their plan was to trade me.

About his year in NBA:
    I've had on of my best season in NBA. I've improved a lot in the leadership area. In term of being a true point guard and managing games, this is my best season.

About Spurs improving the team this summer:
    I don't see how we will be able to do that. We can't trade our young players. At the draft, you got to be lucky. Pop has always done a good job so I hope there will have some good surprises for next season's start. But if you know a 7'3" bigman who is a free agent, you can just call me (laugh)....

The rest of the press conference was mainly about FNT and the team he owns in France.
    I don't know whether this has been posted or not, but Spurs GM RC Buford was nade aware of Parker's comments, and had this to say:

“Who knows what the motivation is to say something like that,” Buford said. “I’m not going to get caught up in comments. All I can say is that we’re going to continue to build our team and try to be as good as we can be in the future.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...99s-pessimism/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know parker might have said those things
    wanting the spurs to make some moves and be contenders
    spurs have some assest

gortat from the suns is a possible
    he loves d
    gets on the suns about their lack of d

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see. but do they really have a chance to trade for Howard or Paul? they have no assets left, all they can offer is a minor salary dump scenario by as well taking a bad contract and even there they are limited. (they could somehow design a package big enough to take Howard and Hedo, but not Howard and Arenas). and the Hornets don't have any really bad contracts on the books. (unless we consider Okafor such a bad contract , which it isn't IMO. overpayed yes, but you can find quite a lot worse contracts out there)
    either Magic and Hornets will at least ask for a top pick or a very talented young player. (like Bynum, if he wasn't that injury prone)

so, if they are realistic, they might consider the TP option as the right deal for this summer, getting a 3rd star in the first place might as well help to draw more attention from FAs who are in the MLE range. (like Dalembert for example)
    I would agree that their chances of getting Howard or Paul appear to be limited, but without a huge expiring contract the chances practically disappear.

The lockout and the new CBA will clearly affect decision making between now and June 30th. The new CBA will certainly change things, but how much is not known. Hard Cap? Salary rollbacks? Franchise tags? Will the MLE still exist? Will there be a version of the Allan Houston rule this time around?

I can't see them trading for Parker this summer when they don't know what the new landscape will be. If the new CBA is much more restrictive than the current one, then big expiring contracts will be more valuable than ever as teams on a budget seek to avoid whatever penalties/taxes the new system brings.

I think that they will roll the dice on a better deal materializing during what could be a very small window between the implementation of a new CBA and next season's trading deadline. A Parker-sized deal seems likely to be available then, there's really no reason to kill their chances of a bigger deal by settling now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know parker might have said those things
    wanting the spurs to make some moves and be contenders
    spurs have some assest

gortat from the suns is a possible
    he loves d
    gets on the suns about their lack of d
    Parker is their best asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ofcourse if there is a lockout
    and they play 50 games
    duncan and manu might have enough in the tank to get it down

the younger teams take longer to get it together then the vet teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ofcourse if there is a lockout
    and they play 50 games
    duncan and manu might have enough in the tank to get it down

the younger teams take longer to get it together then the vet teams
    Another shortened season le

I can dig it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Neal would be a better point guard than Hill if we could move him over. He has the three point shot and he seems to make good decisions, I'd give him a shot at PG and keep Hill at the SG position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Neal would be a better point guard than Hill if we could move him over. He has the three point shot and he seems to make good decisions, I'd give him a shot at PG and keep Hill at the SG position.
    By good decisions you mean chucking everytime he has the ball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's making them the way he was, then yes. Manu chucks the ball as well, but you'll take it when he makes them, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, what's the difference between shooting when he has the ball (and by the way, he's a shooter) and TP always trying to go one on one? If the ball goes in the hole, it's the same outcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What cornerstone big are you getting for Tony Parker?
    Make a trade... Get someone like Al Horford, or Josh Smith
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 05-21-2011 at 04:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make a trade... Get someone like Al Horford, or Josh Smith

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, what's the difference between shooting when he has the ball (and by the way, he's a shooter) and TP always trying to go one on one? If the ball goes in the hole, it's the same outcome.
    No it's not. Drawing in the defense allows outside shooters to set up. You bail out the defense with outside shots unless they are open and a result of good ball movement.

When Parker penetrates into the paint, the interior defense has to go to work. That gets them in foul trouble and leaves their check uncovered. It tires the defense and that translates into their offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was interesting that RC used the word "motivation" in asking about Tony's comments. He seems to think that Tony was indeed sending a message to them. I wonder why Tony feels he's the only option in a trade. Surely there are other options. Much has been said about moving Jefferson and Bonner. We probably want to keep the younger guys like he said, but if they're serious about making the most of Tim's last stand then few should be untouchable. Outside of Manu, TP, Neal, and Tiago, who is a must have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to read too much into this, but...

do you guys think Tony might have said that in order to call out the FO, make fun of how old Tim and Manu are, force a trade and change cities after divorcing Eva?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

do you guys think Tony might have said that in order to call out the FO, make fun of how old Tim and Manu are, force a trade and change cities after divorcing Eva?

We, here on SpursTalk, never read too much into statements made by, attributed to, or rumored to have been uttered by any Spurs player, his wife, his girlfriend, any member of his entourage, or anyone that once ate in the same restaurant he has been known to occasionally dine in...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker won't say it in public, but I have the feeling he wants a new fresh air in another city. He has been here for a long time and he won it all 3 times. He does not feel confident about the team now and IMO he is not "hungry" as he used to be.

And after Eva's episode, I think a change would be good for him and he probably feels the same way. Hill is not the answer as our future PG, but as long as Manu is here, he will be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's why RC was questioning his motivation. Whether he wants to move or not who knows, but he's definitely saying something's gotta give.

That's why RC was questioning his motivation. Whether or not he wants to be moved who knows, but he's definitely saying something's gotta give.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how a thread with Parker saying that he likely won't be traded turn out on dozens of virtual Parker trades.

A ST's offseason without a bunch of posters wanting to trade Parker wouldn't be a ST's offseason...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's not. Drawing in the defense allows outside shooters to set up. You bail out the defense with outside shots unless they are open and a result of good ball movement.

When Parker penetrates into the paint, the interior defense has to go to work. That gets them in foul trouble and leaves their check uncovered. It tires the defense and that translates into their offense.
    I know what you're saying, but that's not the only way to go about our offense, which was my point. There are plenty of PG's in the league that don't attempt to penetrate and kick out on every possession. When we were very Tim Duncan-centric, our offense ran through the post first, then it was kicked out, not by a slashing point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how a thread with Parker saying that he likely won't be traded turn out on dozens of virtual Parker trades.

A ST's offseason without a bunch of posters wanting to trade Parker wouldn't be a ST's offseason...
    True, but the "trade Manu" bunch has been pretty quiet this time around. Seems like they've accepted that Manu will retire a Spur.

Thread Information