My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6589820

USC has been notified by the NCAA infractions appeals committee that all penalties and findings against the athletic department have been upheld, according to a person close to the situation.

USC had pointed in its appeal to precedent as a reason that their penalties were excessive. But the appeals committee stated that those cases were not directly applicable, the source said.

USC will lose 30 scholarships over the next three years and won't be eligible to play in this year's Pac-12 le game or a bowl game.

Also continuing is the provision allowing USC upperclassmen to transfer to any FBS schools without the typical one-year penalty, which Trojans coach Lane Kiffin called "free agency" last year. Any USC senior can transfer this offseason and play his final season at a school of his choosing.

The NCAA imposed those penalties in June 2010 after ruling Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush and basketball player O.J. Mayo received improper benefits. The university also was cited for a lack of ins utional control. Bush gave back his Heisman Trophy.

Two weeks after the June ruling, school officials said they would appeal some of the penalties, calling them excessive. The Trojans were given four years' probation, had to vacate 14 wins and were required to banish Bush from the program.

Wednesday's news presumably closes the book on USC's case with the NCAA, as USC athletic director Pat Haden said in January that the school would take no further action following the announcement of the appeal decision.

USC issued a statement Wednesday, declining specific comment until Thursday.

"USC has received a response from the NCAA regarding our appeal of NCAA sanctions," the statement said. "However, under NCAA rules, we cannot comment on this response until the NCAA releases the decision to the public tomorrow morning (May 26)."

This is going to kill USC until at least 2016. Great news for teams like my Beavs!

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    2012 Pac 12 champs!

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6589820

This is going to kill USC until at least 2016. Great news for teams like my Beavs!
    For what? USC has had down periods before and that got you what? An Orange Bowl once? Face it, the Beavers are nothing more than middle-of-the-road Pac-12 fodder. Always has, and always will be...

Oregon, on the other hand, will be the kings of the P12 for the forseeable future.

Though, Barkeley is going to beast this year...

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    For what? USC has had down periods before and that got you what? An Orange Bowl once? Face it, the Beavers are nothing more than middle-of-the-road Pac-12 fodder. Always has, and always will be...

Oregon, on the other hand, will be the kings of the P12 for the forseeable future.

Though, Barkeley is going to beast this year...
    We have a good program. We don't have the resources of schools like USC or the Ducks, but we're still compe ive. With the money the league is getting we'll be able to compete for a long time. We have good facilities and good coaches so I'm happy with where we're at.
    Last edited by tlongII; 05-27-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Thread Information