My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    http://sports.yahoo.com/investigatio...ng_allegations

Check out the sidebar for each players allegations...some of it is pretty good

Ray-Ray Armstrong was one of dozens of Hurricanes players named by Nevin Shapiro in recorded interviews with federal agents. During those interviews, the booster admitted supplying benefits to an array of Miami players from 2002 to 2010. Shapiro said he knowingly had improper recruiting contact with Armstrong on multiple occasions and also provided the player with extra benefits. Among Shapiro’s allegations regarding Armstrong:

RAY-RAY ARMSTRONG
    Position: Safety

Rivals recruiting rank: Ranked as the No. 13 player overall in the Class of 2009.
    Miami career: The latest in a great line of safeties for the Hurricanes, Armstrong became an instant contributor as a freshman and top end starter last season as a sop re. He’s expected to be one of the best safeties in the country this season, and is already on the NFL radar as a potential first-round draft pick.
    • On a Friday night in 2008, Miami assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt arranged to bring Armstrong and two other Miami recruits – Andre Debose and Dyron Dye – to Shapiro’s $6 million Miami Beach mansion for the purposes of the booster recruiting the players. Then-wide receivers coach Aubrey Hill also attended the players’ visit to Shapiro’s home.

• During his Friday night recruiting pitch, Shapiro took Armstrong, Debose and Dye through his mansion, stopping at one point to showcase a specially built closet filled with game-worn college and NFL jerseys of former Hurricanes greats. After the tour of the house, Shapiro took the three players for a drive on Alton Road in his $200,000 Mercedes S65.

• After the tour of his home and the ride in his Mercedes, Shapiro gave former Miami equipment assistant Sean Allen approximately $2,000 to $3,000 in cash and instructed him to show Armstrong, Debose and Dye a good time. Shapiro said Allen ultimately used the money to take the players to nightclubs, including Take One tail Lounge and strip club.

• Shapiro said Debose, Armstrong and Dye also were at his house for another gathering. Shapiro said the players were served food and drinks. Shapiro said another recruit, Olivier Vernon, was also on hand for this gathering.

• The booster said he also met Debose, Armstrong and Dye at Lucky Strike Lanes on a Sunday, where he watched NFL games and paid for food, drinks and entertainment for the three recruits. Shapiro said he also gave Armstrong one of Sean Taylor’s game-worn Hurricanes jerseys before the three recruits left the bowling alley.

Corroborating accounts

• A second source corroborated Shapiro’s delivering a recruiting pitch to Armstrong, Debose and Dye at his mansion. The second source also corroborated the attendance of Hurtt and Hill during this meeting.

• A second source corroborated Shapiro’s account of taking Armstrong, Debose and Dye for a ride in his Mercedes S65.

• A second source corroborated Armstrong, Debose and Dye visiting Shapiro’s mansion.

• A second source corroborated Shapiro’s account of Allen taking Armstrong, Debose and Dye to at least one nightclub after visiting with the booster.

• A second source corroborated Shapiro entertaining Armstrong, Debose and Dye at Lucky Strike Lanes.

In Shapiro’s words

• “Ray-Ray was at my house. I know that I had given cash to Sean Allen to take [Armstrong, Debose and Dye] to the strip joint. I believe it was Take One [ tail Lounge], owned by Luther Campbell. I also gave Ray-Ray my Sean Taylor University of Miami game-worn jersey. He took it back to Orlando with him. He soon committed to Miami thereafter.”

• “He also went to Lucky Strike with me on the next visit. We were spending a lot of time together before he was at the University of Miami. After he came I started seeing him on a regular basis.”

Quite possibly my favorite...Devin Hester

• Cash for rims for Hester’s sport utility vehicle.

• Approximately $3,000 for an engagement ring.

• Playoff tickets to a Miami Heat versus Detroit Pistons playoff game on June 6, 2005. Shapiro said it was at this game that Hester proposed to his girlfriend with the ring also purchased by the booster.

Yahoo has the list of each player and what they recieved.

fml

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    "Shapiro"
    Jews living through athletes by giving them money

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    "Shapiro"
    Jews living through athletes by giving them money
    You sheenie bas s are bringing my boys down

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Tbh I can't wait to be rich so I can bribe some ######beasts to play football at Arizona.

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    Our jews were bribing them with strippers, sex parties, hookers, and some dubs...the bar has been set, brah...beat that

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Scottsdale/Arizona Jews have a LONG WAYS to go before we catch up to Miami Jews, but I plan on starting the revolution.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    They're ed.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count

People are already throwing around the term "death penalty"

Hunker down you hairy Dawgs! romad_20's Avatar
    My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count

If you don't get it for this, I don't know what you'll get it for. Sucks for them but if the report is true they are ed.

My Team
    UCLA Bruins
    Post Count
    That is what I don't get at leass USC was winning when that happened to them same with Florida and Bama ....

But UNC, Miami and Ohio state (yes they won one le a while back but recent years) were not cashing in on the violations with national les.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Miami wasn't winning because they had an unbelievably ty black coach who couldn't use talent properly and the coach before him sucks so badly he's currently the coach at UTSA

UTSA

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    awesome story.

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    I like the utsa dig

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count

They'll never use the death penalty again after SMU. It's the CFB equivalent to the atomic bomb. SMU was Hiroshima/Nagasaki.

What's funny is the money this guy spent on a team that couldn't even win a division in the ACC.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    and the team still sucked
    Which makes the situation even sadder. A whole load of teams were able to dip into those fertile recruiting grounds over the years while this was going on

Wasn't Larry Coker, the architect of (LOL) UTSA there while this was going on?

edit: didn't see DOK's post
    Last edited by symple19; 08-17-2011 at 01:09 PM.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    They'll never use the death penalty again after SMU. It's the CFB equivalent to the atomic bomb. SMU was Hiroshima/Nagasaki.

What's funny is the money this guy spent on a team that couldn't even win a division in the ACC.
    interesting take.

I have no clue what the NCAA is going to end up doing.

There are already those calling for the immediate suspension of any coach who was active during that time and alleged to be involved

(Coker, Shannon, b-ball coach @ Mizzou)

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    This probably dates as far back as the Butch Davis era at Miami (the coach who won Coker a ring ).

Since it's the NCAA tho, they'll see two dirty programs (Miami and North Carolina) with Butch Davis as the obvious common denominator, and they'll penalize both programs while Butch Davis gets to find a new school even tho he clearly is dirty as it gets.

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    and the team still sucked
    ^
    The most pathetic part about the whole thing. At least USC and OSU fielded good teams despite cheating. To be fair though, some of the players on that list were on good Miami teams.

The fact that Jacory Harris's name is on that list makes me wanna punch babies. There's not many athletes I hate worse than Jigaboo Harris

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    I wonder if Miami's underwhelming records the last few years are actually a blessing in disguise now...The committee could be more lenient since the U hasn't won jack in years.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    The only way I see any of this cheating being seriously curtailed is if the NCAA finds some way to partner with the major pro sports leagues in order to levy punishment.

For example, If the NCAA finds major wrongdoing by a football team, then the NFL would be able to suspend/fine coaches and players.

Doubt it would ever happen, but it's a novel idea. All that happens now is schools getting punished long after the fact, in most case when the offending parties are gone. There just isn't anything to actually deter these assholes from being snakes

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count

Coulrophobia is Beautiful JayTheClown's Avatar
    Post Count
    Well look on the bright side. Looks like the SEC has finally found its 14th member. They''ll fit fit right in.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    crazy

Thread Information