oh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome back, Axe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the other owners were so pissed they caused a lockout to try to stop the Lakers.
    and the Mavs swept you

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    i don't get this "welcome back" schtick tbh
    It basically means, "I don't want to admit how much of an idiot I am, so I will instead bring up something completely irrelevant."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Consider it a payment for winning us '99 on his rookie deal...

We're likely done until a full tank + rebuild process. Nothing wrong with letting him and Manu have their farewell tour before then.
    I agree if you have to overpay now because duncan won you a le making peanuts (relative) no one can begrudge him that.

Who are the spurs going to lure in his place? Nene? Sure Nene would love that kind of loot ...but is he really worth more than duncan when you factor in leadership and what duncan means to the city?

sure right now Nene is a better player but it would make no sense to amnesty duncan because getting rid of him would not help them win a le. Despite Nene's better offensive numbers it probably takes them further out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I agree that bad contracts for role players will be crippling.

Lakers need:
    1. Luke to retire
    2. Amnesty either Artest or Blake
    3. Take a flyier on a vet willing to accept a 2 year mid-level ...

Yes artest is more proven than Blake but if Ariza became available that would be perfect ...but I doubt NO sheds Ariza unless West agrees to come back with a fair deal to both sides. Coming off knee surgery, West cant expect the moon and teh Hornets cant afford to offer it either. If they did amnesty Ariza they could re-sign Landry or West and still have plenty of space to re-sign CP3 if they can get him to agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree if you have to overpay now because duncan won you a le making peanuts (relative) no one can begrudge him that.

Who are the spurs going to lure in his place? Nene? Sure Nene would love that kind of loot ...but is he really worth more than duncan when you factor in leadership and what duncan means to the city?

sure right now Nene is a better player but it would make no sense to amnesty duncan because getting rid of him would not help them win a le. Despite Nene's better offensive numbers it probably takes them further out.
    We're not going to use the amnesty this season, I don't think. What I think it's likely to happen is we're doing the farewell tour with this roster this season, then Duncan comes off the books. If we decide to tank next season, Holt could use the amnesty to rid of Tony's contract, and trade RJ's expiring for some young pieces. That would leave Manu also on an expiring and a young team with a lot of cap room to go after somebody like Griffin, which I suspect won't be a Clipper for long. Add a top 3 draft pickup and I think the rebuild process will look something like that.

IMO anyways.

Thread Information