Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

who wins the deathmatch and why

discuss

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Kinda unrelated but I saw this Asian video of a lion fighting a bear. It was kinda awesome, but probably illegal. The two fought each other for a while, then moved to different sides of the cage they were in and bled. They just gave up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    u kidding? gorilla wouldn't stand a chance. a grizzly bear, not a brown bear but a true grizzly trumps all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    u kidding? gorilla wouldn't stand a chance. a grizzly bear, not a brown bear but a true grizzly trumps all.
    I agree but I'm not kidding. This was a thread that went for a few hundred posts on 4chan. The posts were about 60/40 in favor of the grizzly

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Gorilla wouldn't have a chance. Too small.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    bears have claws, all gorillas have is fists and teeth and bears got them beat badly in that department

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the argument for the gorilla was its agility and ability to grab

a common compromise was if it's a completely flat environment the bear wins but otherwise the gorilla's gonna be jumping and swinging around and possibly gets the bears back. I think the grizzly wins regardless the environment

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the argument for the gorilla was its agility and ability to grab

a common compromise was if it's a completely flat environment the bear wins but otherwise the gorilla's gonna be jumping and swinging around and possibly gets the bears back. I think the grizzly wins regardless the environment

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    bears are actually agile as fuck and can run 40mph for short distances, and climb trees. pretty much the last thing on earth you ever want coming after you.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    When I was a young lad, I knew a guy who was attacked by a bear. He was out hunting and tried to climb a tree to get away from it. The bear climbed up after him and mauled the shit out of his back. What a fucking nightmare that must have been. He got some badass scars out of it though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Grizzly Bear is a great band

Silverback rips it's head off though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gorilla could just pull a tree trunk out of ground snd beat yogi with it.

Team Silverback

controlador del universo
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if the gorilla could get high ground and throw rocks, then he'd have a fighting chance
    AwwWwWwWwWWW.....I thought it gonBE HE MAN!!!!!!

[QUOTE=hemann82]
    [QUOTE=hemann82]watch this video[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=redzero]Watched the video[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=hemann82] watched a random youtube video because i told him to [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=redzero]Wait, is that what you are going with? It was two minutes long, so how is that some feat?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=hemann82]/hemann [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=redzero] Well, when [B]one's[/B] desperate like [B]you [/B]are, [B]they'll[/B] resort to anything.[/QUOTE]

[youtube]4SMDOq8645o[/youtube][/QUOTE]

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    I think they would fuck. I'm pretty sure that's how you get a sasquatch.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    I vote for the grizz. Gorilla's got a punchers chance in ending it early, but the bear's got too much size and strength.
    When the invaders came they brought our greatest fear. Not of them, but of us. They stripped away our hopes of what humanity could be, shined a light on the ugly reality of what we were. We saw that humanity would not stand as one. Those willing to fight would have to stand alone. But still we stood.

They came in wave after unrelenting wave, barely any attempt to avoid our fire. It was like no matter the death toll it was all just a game to them. Maybe victory was just a second thought to the little bastards. What they wanted was to see the moment when we broke, when we'd see that no matter how desperate our defense they had already won. But still we stood.

And now the invaders are gone. Seems as though they are forgotten already. What of us that fought and remain? Do we deserve the same fate as the foe we battled?

Never Forget

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    there is absolutely no possible way the gorilla wins. bear weighs 5X as much and has claws, huge head and jaw power, fast, agile, stronger. you could give the gorilla a gun and teach him to use it and he still wouldn't win, considering it takes a well placed shot with a high power rifle to take one down, anything less just pisses it off.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    IMO, Silverback mounts the Grizz and barebacks it until its a trained steed, rips a tree out of the ground to use as a joust and rides into the audience.

Joke's on us.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I'm gonna go with the shark.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    depends on where the fight takes place.

in a neutral arena I could see the grizzly winning by a slight margin.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Tbh I'd throw down some money to watc this shit

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    A gorilla vs a big cat like a lion or tiger would be an interesting one. Gorilla would have the reach advantage, cat's more agile. As others have noted it really a question of if the gorilla could get around the forward defenses and get on its back. A grizzly can rear back on its legs and negate the any reach advantage while removing its most vulnerable spot.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    Gorilla v. Liger

NT? more like SO i said
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    crofl

grizzly wins easily simply because it's a carnivore. despite the big scary looking muscles on a gorilla, it's not gonna do much with it since it's a docile herbivore. it's not like the gorilla's gonna suddenly have the mentality of Robocop

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree but I'm not kidding. This was a thread that went for a few hundred posts on 4chan. The posts were about 60/40 in favor of the grizzly
    Spotted your problem.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    A gorilla vs a big cat like a lion or tiger would be an interesting one. Gorilla would have the reach advantage, cat's more agile. As others have noted it really a question of if the gorilla could get around the forward defenses and get on its back. A grizzly can rear back on its legs and negate the any reach advantage while removing its most vulnerable spot.

Grizzly left the tiger running like a bitch.

A lion might be more interesting.

Hanging yourself by your junk puts you into a separate category.

controlador del universo
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    OK so according to Wikipedia*

Male grizzlies typically are 400-790 pounds
    Male gorillas typically are 310-440 pounds

So does it change the scenario if it's a small grizz vs. a large gorilla?

So 440 pounds v 440 pounds

pound for pound who wins?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz

controlador del universo
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5151931AAhbqVk

Please note that grizzly bears and gorillas have reputations for ferocity, but these are probably exaggerated. This is especially true for gorillas, which are far more peaceful than the ‘King Kong' image suggests. In fact, chimpanzees are far more dangerous and will kill each other, as well as hunting in groups and tearing monkeys and antelopes apart.

Gorillas live in Africa, while grizzly bears live in North America, so there is no likelihood of them coming into contact with one another in the wild, unless one of them were introduced into the habitat of the other.

They also live in different habitats. Most gorillas inhabit lowland tropical rainforest, but some live in bamboo forest and montane rainforest. The grizzly bear prefers open habitats, such as tundra, alpine meadows and coastlines. This means that a gorilla would not adapt well to the bear's habitat and the bear would not adapt well to the gorilla's habitat.

I think that if they ever came into contact, they would avoid one another. Grizzly bears rarely attack people and prefer to avoid confrontation. A male gorilla will go through various threat displays and will avoid fighting if he can. If anything, I think the gorilla would back down if the bear did not move away and I can't really imagine a bear being put off by a gorilla chest-beating or hooting. A gorilla will usually only attack if an aggressor runs away. It will back down if the aggressor stays where it is. I can't really see the grizzly turning tail.

I think a fight would be very unlikely, but if they were to fight, I believe that the bear holds most of the trump cards. If the gorilla and grizzly are the same size, it would involve a full-grown male gorilla fighting a rather small grizzly bear. This will benefit the gorilla more than if there were two full-grown animals fighting, as the bear would be heavier.

The gorilla is mainly vegetarian and rarely feeds on animal matter, whereas a grizzly can kill a moose with one swipe of its paw. The bear has the advantage here.

The gorilla's ferocity is a bluff to deter potential adversaries. The bear is being genuinely ferocious and has the advantage here, as it is less likely to back down.

Both have powerful canine teeth and use these mainly in threat displays. The bear is more likely to use the canines to bite and kill prey, while gorillas are practically herbivorous. The bear has the advantage here.

Both have powerful upper limbs, but the bear has long claws, whereas the gorilla has nails. Once again, the bear has the advantage to the bear.

The gorilla is more intelligent than the bear, but the gorilla has more facial expressions. Bear keepers say that it is very difficult to read a bear's mind, because of the lack of facial expression. I don't think the gorilla would be able to either, so I don't think the gorilla's intelligence would be much of an advantage here.

Perhaps the only advantage to a gorilla and bear in a one-on-one situation is habitat. The bear would have the advantage in a clearing, but the gorilla would have the advantage if it ran into a rainforest or montane forest and the bear followed. I can't really imagine a bear chasing a gorilla into a forest or other gorillas fighting the bear – I presume you want a one-on-one fight. Chimpanzees can band together to kill leopards, but I haven't heard cases of gorillas doing so.

But, as I stated earlier, I don't think a fight would be likely, especially as one of the animals would be rather disorientated in a strange habitat. It is also unusual for individuals of different species to fight one another. The nearest is when a predator is attacking a prey animal. As bears do not prey on gorillas, this is not a natural phenomenon.

I hope the above scenario does not occur. I don't like the idea of people gaining enjoyment by watching animals fight one another. I hope that your argument is more of a speculative nature, rather than a desire to see animals fighting to the death. Gorillas are becoming increasingly threatened by deforestation and hunting for bush meat and trophies, while various types of grizzly bear are also threatened. The Mexican grizzly bear is extinct, while other varieties have been classified as threatened under the US Endangered Species Act. Having grizzly bears and gorillas fighting one another is not a good idea.

THE GRIZZLY BEAR WILL PROBABLY WIN MOST OF THE TIMES. Yeah, the bear would win; they have been known to kill bulls with one hit of its paw!
    Source(s):

A Grizzly and A Gorilla have never fought, but hteir has been- Bear Vs. Bull, which the Bear wins
    Bear Vs. Lion, the Bear won easily.
    Lion Vs. Tiger, either one, mostly Tiger
    Lion Vs. Bull, Bull wins.

These are all I know of.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As much as I'd like to see the Silver Back kick ass the Grizzly is just too strong and would have the upper hand. It would be a good fight and the Grizzly would not always win.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think they would fuck. I'm pretty sure that's how you get a sasquatch.

Post of the year.

Thread Information