Post Count
    S&T Green and Jack for Batum.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Hollinger May 9 -

John Hollinger ‏ @johnhollinger
    Not sure where this Batum-Spurs nonsense comes from. They'd have to either not re-sign Duncan or amnesty Manu. Not happening.

Not saying I agree with him (I really don't know how to best assess trade rumours), but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S&T Green and Jack for Batum.
    13337 posts (don't ruin it by replying to this message )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine. Neal and Jack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keep green and KL, im already liking their progress improvement each game,

as for batum, if he fits and at teh correct price without moving any major pieces, why not....but he seems to be another trevor ariza waiting to happen...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way he's playing with Portland ? No thanks

He'd be a good fit with the Bobcats though.
    Considering the way Green was playing for Cleveland, the way Boris Diaw and Stephen Jackson were performing in Charlotte, and how they settled in the spurs system, it would not be wrong to call your reasoning stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think i prefer diaw>batum

very hard to find high iq bigs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think i prefer diaw>batum

very hard to find high iq bigs
    Would have liked to have Batum over Hill in the draft. But with KL and Green in the team, not likely Spurs sign Batum.

I agree, I also prefer Diaw over Batum.

Batum for Green and Blair, would be the closest thing to equitable.

Do you expect me to talk? DieMrBond's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are already deep at small forward, although Batum, who turns 24 in December, would give them a talented young player to help continue to turn the roster over.
    How weird does it feel to hear somebody say that!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait...deep at small forward ???

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what the Blazers would do, is S&T Batum and trade him for Sjax and Leonard.
    not saying Spurs should do it.
    but that's how realistic deals are discussed.
    (if they see that Batum will leave and they look for a S&T, there will be better offers than all the mentioned Sjax plus whoever not named Leonard)

is Batum better than Leonard? if no, forget about Batum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering the way Green was playing for Cleveland, the way Boris Diaw and Stephen Jackson were performing in Charlotte, and how they settled in the spurs system, it would not be wrong to call your reasoning stupid.
    Well if Batum is considered underperforming material with potential, perhaps my 'reasoning' would be stupid, but its common sense to see that he's already hit his ceiling with Portland, and it wasn't very good, and no he wouldn't do any better than what Leonard is doing now.

And just because the other players formerly from Charlotte, (not withstanding that Jax played for Spurs before he went to the Bobcats), did well within Pop's system, does not mean Batum will automatically fit within the Spurs system which is trying to go back to defense fundamentals (Batum plays very little defense). Now your reasoning on that is utterly idiotic and naive to say the very least.

Only morons lust after Batum - the key issue in the offseason is still to find above average big men to complement the frontcourt while re-signing Diaw, if he still contributes like he does now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont wanna give up depth for one person, if its scrubs like the turd towers...then yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if Batum is considered underperforming material with potential, perhaps my 'reasoning' would be stupid, but its common sense to see that he's already hit his ceiling with Portland, and it wasn't very good, and no he wouldn't do any better than what Leonard is doing now.

Only morons lust after Batum - the key issue in the offseason is still to find above average big men to complement the frontcourt while re-signing Diaw, if he still contributes like he does now.

i dunno if portland wants him to be 1st optiono on offense, his not that type of player that could put up volume points, im tellin yah this is like another trevor arisa scenerio where the rockets overpaid for him expecting him to be franchise or 1st option which he didnt deliver....

no way batum is worth the money whatever his seeking for a player that will be behind tp, td, gino on offensive touches....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bringing back Gelabale or Diawara to the NBA could be worth the try too.
    I think Gelabale could have some value in the league if given the chance (but I doubt it will happen given his history with injuries and he's been pretty much forgotten in the league)
    But Diawara, come on. I'm French and I root for all french players, but I'm ashamed about him. Even Petro is a better player. The guy doesn't do anything, no effort, can't pass, doesn't rebound, doesn't defend, can't score. All he does is shooting 3, at a 30% rate... I'm not a Hollinger follower but he labelled him as the worst player in the league couple years ago and I can only agree with this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dunno if portland wants him to be 1st optiono on offense, his not that type of player that could put up volume points, im tellin yah this is like another trevor arisa scenerio where the rockets overpaid for him expecting him to be franchise or 1st option which he didnt deliver....

no way batum is worth the money whatever his seeking for a player that will be behind tp, td, gino on offensive touches....
    Batum is a streaky shooter who has his moments and thrives as a second or third scoring option, while not playing much defense. We don't need that at all as the team has plenty of offense with a deep bench too.

He simply isn't worth the money and the notion to trade Jax or Leonard or Green for Batum is just plain dumb.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And just because the other players formerly from Charlotte, (not withstanding that Jax played for Spurs before he went to the Bobcats), did well within Pop's system, does not mean Batum will automatically fit within the Spurs system which is trying to go back to defense fundamentals (Batum plays very little defense). Now your reasoning on that is utterly idiotic and naive to say the very least.

Batum is exactly the kind of player who would fit in Spurs system. His mentality is somehow very close to Diaw's. He is unselfish to the point it is sometimes mindblowing. He also has high BBIQ. His confidence is in shumble atm and he definitly needs to be coached by someone like pop.

If you had seen him play for Portland before their implosion and/or for France, it would be obvious even for someone like you. Apparantly you didn't.

His celling is probably not as high as people thought during his first years (Pippen...), but saying it is what we saw in Portland this year, is plain dumb. But I am not anymore surprised by this kind of analyse coming from you.

boring is a quality
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow!!! now players are intrested to sign with the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batum> Green..Batum and Leonard on the wing is about as long as you get...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point Diaw is a the priority. Finding a big in the draft would be nice. Who knows maybe a trade into the first round again. No one expected Kawhi Leonard. I like the games of Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard just fine. I would love to add someone like Draymond Green over spending too much on Batum. I like a lot of things in Batums game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good player, bad timing. Spurs have 3 solid SFs at the moment, a year or two from here though would be perfect as Jackson will be done most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow!!! now players are intrested to sign with the Spurs
    It's no surprise that players tend to flock to winning teams. I'm sure players always had the desire to sign with the spurs, it's just that the spurs didn't haev any cap space to accommodate them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Hollinger May 9 -

John Hollinger ‏ @johnhollinger
    Not sure where this Batum-Spurs nonsense comes from. They'd have to either not re-sign Duncan or amnesty Manu. Not happening.

Not saying I agree with him (I really don't know how to best assess trade rumours), but just thought I'd throw it out there.
    Where's the nonsense coming from? From Batum himself.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good player, bad timing. Spurs have 3 solid SFs at the moment, a year or two from here though would be perfect as Jackson will be done most likely.
    Good point. If he really wants to come to SA, but still get paid well, he could just sign a 2-year contract that leaves him a UFA for 2014.

Thread Information