Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    He still is the 3rd option at least...

I'm not holding my breath with Brandon Lloyd. He had one fluky good season and has been a mediocre receiver in every other season.
    Between the two t.e. and Wes, I think anything over 500 yds and 4 TDs is a bonus, imo.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    I'm too old to know the 53 man roster anymore. I don't know the year it all changed, maybe when I had my first kid and stopped playing madden. 2005. Firstborn 2006.

So I'll just be happy with RGIII, a ty zone blocking scheme that i'm not a fan of, and a too old for this London Fletcher returning to lead the defense. Hopefully Orakpo and Kerrigan can bring some heat. Our secondary is a mess but we got the Tampa coach who will be tasked with making lemonade outa lemons. So the season all comes down to our Oline, if they can protect worth a and get our rb's a 4 yard carry now and again....and of course RGIII's arm...and his ability to stay healthy above all else.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    You really hate Colt, don't you? How does that city feel about him? Are they willing to give him one more shot?
    They're in love with him. This is all you hear and read on talk radio and message boards:

Colt's so tough
    Colt is such a great leader
    Colt is getting a raw deal
    the Browns lied to Colt
    It isn't fair to Colt
    Colt deserves another chance
    Seneca Wallace is mean to Colt
    James Harrison is mean to Colt

And on and on. I don't hate McCoy. I think he sucks on the field and is a whiny pain in the ass off of it. And I'm tired of Browns fans falling in love with these rag-armed quarterbacks because of their "intangibles." Decades of losing has made this fanbase emo and stupid.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Decades of losing has made this fanbase emo and stupid.
    Same with Bills fans...I'm constantly at odds with 95% of Bills fans on BillsZone b/c they're inexplicably optimistic EVERY year.

btw, The Jets-Browns "Gastineau" game was on NFL network a few days ago. I forgot the Jets were up 20-10 with just under 4 minutes left

Bernie was funny as with the commentary, especially when explaining Marty's re ed "we must run the ball" philosophy. Good stuff

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Same with Bills fans...I'm constantly at odds with 95% of Bills fans on BillsZone b/c they're inexplicably optimistic EVERY year.
    I think it's been so long since this team had talent that people here have simply forgotten what actual talent looks like. So that ignorance manifests itself in a couple of ways:

- Overrating "intangibles." he has heart or he gets it. But if the guy can't play it doesn't matter if he "gets it," whatever that means.

- Overrating anyone on the team with a pulse. Phil Taylor had a halfway decent rookie year at DT and all of a sudden he's the second coming of Alan Page.

Bernie was funny as with the commentary, especially when explaining Marty's re ed "we must run the ball" philosophy. Good stuff
    I love Bernie, but he was a coach's nightmare long before Belichick got there. He always thought he was smarter than his coaches- and he was usually right.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    They're in love with him. This is all you hear and read on talk radio and message boards:

Colt's so tough
    Colt is such a great leader
    Colt is getting a raw deal
    the Browns lied to Colt
    It isn't fair to Colt
    Colt deserves another chance
    Seneca Wallace is mean to Colt
    James Harrison is mean to Colt

And on and on. I don't hate McCoy. I think he sucks on the field and is a whiny pain in the ass off of it. And I'm tired of Browns fans falling in love with these rag-armed quarterbacks because of their "intangibles." Decades of losing has made this fanbase emo and stupid.

It is like UT fans moved to Cleveland.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Between the two t.e. and Wes, I think anything over 500 yds and 4 TDs is a bonus, imo.
    His stats won't matter as much as how honest he'll keep the other team's defensive backs. I'm not sure why more teams don't do what the Giants do against New England using their safeties to clog the middle of the field. If Lloyd draws safety help over the top then he's done his job.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I think it's been so long since this team had talent that people here have simply forgotten what actual talent looks like. So that ignorance manifests itself in a couple of ways:

- Overrating "intangibles." he has heart or he gets it. But if the guy can't play it doesn't matter if he "gets it," whatever that means.

- Overrating anyone on the team with a pulse. Phil Taylor had a halfway decent rookie year at DT and all of a sudden he's the second coming of Alan Page.
    Tbh, you can't discount that the name "Colt McCoy" sounds like a QB's name. It's pretty macho.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    His stats won't matter as much as how honest he'll keep the other team's defensive backs. I'm not sure why more teams don't do what the Giants do against New England using their safeties to clog the middle of the field. If Lloyd draws safety help over the top then he's done his job.
    I think the fact that Gronk was injured helped the Giants greatly. I remember reading an article somewhere which stated that the Giants players determined he was mostly a decoy by third quarter.

My Team
    Miami Dolphins
    Post Count
    Offense:
    QB: Garrard, Moore, Tannehill-3
    RB: Bush, Thomas, Lamarr Miller, Slaton -4
    FB: Thomas/Clay?
    TE: Fasano, Clay, Michael Egnew,Les Brown -4
    WR: Hartline, Ochocinco, Bess, Naanee, Gates, Roberto Wallace-6
    OT: Long, Martin, Murtha -3
    OG: Incognito, Jerry, Hicks -3
    OC: Pouncey, Garner - 2
    Total offense: 25

Defense (new switch to 4-3):
    DT: Soliai, Starks, Mcdaniel, Baker -4
    DE: Wake, Odrick, Oliver, Westerman- 4
    SLB: Misi, Trusnik -2
    MLB: Dansby, Guyton,Spitler -3
    WLB: Burnett, Kadduu -2
    CB: Davis, Smith, Marshall,Carroll,Wade -5 (Jimmy Wilson?)
    S: Jones, Clemons, Smith, Johnson, Culver -5
    Total defense: 25

ST:
    Kicker: Carpenter -1
    Punter: Fields -1
    LS: Denney -1
    Total special teams: 3

Nice wr corps, scro

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    QB: Garrard, Moore, Tannehill-3
    WR: Hartline, Ochocinco, Bess, Naanee, Gates, Roberto Wallace-6

My Team
    Miami Dolphins
    Post Count
    Trading away Brandon Marshall probably would have made more sense AFTER they found a replacement..

Anyways, I had far less hopes for the 2008 Dolphins, and they surprised everyone by going 11-5. Who knows, if Gararrd and Ochocinco return to their old form, they may be serious contenders for #2 in the AFC East and a wildcard spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I want Mcgee gone as well because he is pretty much useless always injured, but I just can't see them keeping Heard/Moats over 24...they always talk about the need for CB's and that would only be 5 (obviously). It would also make that group incredibly young. Two rookies and two 2nd year players...the wily veteran of the group would be dumb mckelvin.
    me

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeB_WGR #Bills DC Dave Wannstedt told WGR that Arthur Moats has surpassed Kirk Morrison on the depth chart as SLB. Likely to start Thursday.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Told ya, although i didnt see him becoming a starter this quickly. Word on the street is his coverage skills have improved immensely. We're going to need Bradham and Moats to shine there, especially since they have to go up against, Gronk, Hernandez, and Keller often.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    UPDATE:

Offense:
    QB: Brady, Hoyer, Mallett (3)
    RB: Vereen, Ridley, Bolden, Woodhead (4)
    TE: Gronk, Hernandez, (2) (Fells starts the year on PUP)
    WR: Lloyd, Welker, Gaffney, Stallworth, Edelman, Slater (6)
    OT: Solder, Vollmer, Kareem, McDonald (3)
    OG: Mankins, Waters, Cannon, Thomas (4)
    OC: Connolly, Wendell (2)
    Total offense: 24

Defense (assuming they keep going with the hybrid that sucks):
    NT: Wilfork, Kyle Love (2)
    4-3 DT/3-4 DE: Fanene, Brace, Deaderick (3) (Pryor starts the year on PUP)
    4-3 DE/3-4 OLB: Jones, Ninkovich, Cunningham, Bequette, Francis, Carter (6)
    4-3 LB/3-4 ILB: Mayo, es, Hightower, Carpenter, Koutouvides (5)
    CB: McCourty, Dowling, Arrington, Denard, Moore (5)
    S: Chung, Gregory, Wilson, Ihedigbo, Barret (5)
    Total defense: 26

ST:
    Kicker: Gostkowsk (1)
    Punter: Mesko (1)
    LS: Aiken (1)
    Total special teams: 3

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Sorry DoK but I'm pretty sure Koppen isn't going anywhere...

It's nice to see our LB corps getting studly and younger. We need to try to find another beast to replace Wilfork though, eventually. I still remember when we drafted him and people were concerned about his motor... glad we netted him anyways heh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Sorry DoK but I'm pretty sure Koppen isn't going anywhere...
    Every report I've read says he's looked atrocious in training camp.

He's a huge culprit for their ty playoff exits in 2007, 2009 and 2010. When he's matched up against 3-4 nose tackles he gets overpowered and bulldozed.

Veteran
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Trading away Brandon Marshall probably would have made more sense AFTER they found a replacement..

Anyways, I had far less hopes for the 2008 Dolphins, and they surprised everyone by going 11-5. Who knows, if Gararrd and Ochocinco return to their old form, they may be serious contenders for #2 in the AFC East and a wildcard spot.

Thread Information