Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, he's happy. Great weather, good looking women, and a fountain of youth training staff.
    Add in good facilities, an uptempo offense and little pressure to win and Scola should be thrilled ... as long as he's fine with winning ~30 games this season ... which he probably should be considering he's been a Rocket for his whole career.

Too bad for the Spurs but the chances weren't great to begin with. The hopes rose after Dallas got Brand but still was unlikely.

As for the Suns, locking up a 32-year old power forward on the decline doesn't make much sense but whatever. Who knows what Babby/Sarver are even trying to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe spurs should ask if they want manu
    suns would overpay they are stupid

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got back home and heard the news... good luck to Luis in Phoenix

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe spurs should ask if they want manu
    suns would overpay they are stupid
    how about tony parker for dragic+scola?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about tony parker for dragic+scola?
    they're not *THAT* stupid, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the concurrently amnestied Childress. He was a guy I would have liked several years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed u have a young markieef morris and overpaid sucking frye but u want scola fkcn idiots

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Looks like the concurrently amnestied Childress. He was a guy I would have liked several years ago.
    That ship has not only sailed, it's has sunk, and been sold for scrap. JC has been AWFUL since his return from overseas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed u have a young markieef morris and overpaid sucking frye but u want scola fkcn idiots
    i am glad scola went to Phoenix because dallas was the other team bidding for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew that as soon as you said Spurs will get Scola, knew they would not get him. You said though it was not going to satisfy the main need which is a Defensive Big, so you are right on that end of things. I would have liked to have had him yes, but as you said it was not a must.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew that as soon as you said Spurs will get Scola, knew they would not get him. You said though it was not going to satisfy the main need which is a Defensive Big, so you are right on that end of things. I would have liked to have had him yes, but as you said it was not a must.
    I am happy the Spurs didn't get him. They get him and that would probably be it for adding more players on the frontline. The Spurs need a defensive minded shot blocking post presence.
    Scola was not going to fill that need.

Scola is on the wrong side of 30 and will be in decline. He is already not the most athleticlly inclined and that will only get worse.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Spurs should too give Phoenix a call to see if Fry is available.
    Black Bonner? No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad the Spurs didn't have chances to land him. The Spurs lack a big that can produce some offense in the playoffs. There is Duncan, Diaw is good too, Splitter maybe will play better, Blair is a liability, and Bonner sincerely lacks confidence.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Spurs should too give Phoenix a call to see if Fry is available.
    i've always liked frye. but i don't see a situation where they'd want to trade him for what we have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am happy the Spurs didn't get him. They get him and that would probably be it for adding more players on the frontline. The Spurs need a defensive minded shot blocking post presence.
    Scola was not going to fill that need.

Scola is on the wrong side of 30 and will be in decline. He is already not the most athleticlly inclined and that will only get worse.
    Thats true, still I would rather have him than say a Bonner but thats not going to happen. I agree we need a defensive minded Big, it's a shame they have not added on in a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA source says Suns winning bid for Scola was $13 million for three years. Minimum was $10 million for three yrs. Yes, ‪#Cavs‬ did make a bid

https://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $4.3M per year? That's not even THAT great of a discount, tbh. He'd probably get $5M on the open market.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't the Suns overstocked with PF's. Frye, Morris, Beasley, Scola, Warrick. Plus they still have Lopez.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't the Suns overstocked with PF's. Frye, Morris, Beasley, Scola, Warrick. Plus they still have Lopez.
    They are. Claiming Scola for that price is just the latest in a series of moves characteristic of a truly clueless FO.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we will see some more moves. and Beasely will likely play mostly SF, like he did in Minny, and if they lose Lopez, Frye will play some center minutes.
    Warrick should be the odd man out, but his salary is pretty high for what he offers, so it will be hard to find a taker.

Thread Information