My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    DALLAS -- It appears as though the Dallas Mavericks are on the verge of losing shooting guard OJ Mayo.
    According to Yahoo! Sports, Mayo is close to agreeing to a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks. Mayo recently opted out of a contract with the Mavs which would have paid him $4.3 million next season so he could become an unrestricted free agent.
    In his one season with the Mavs, Mayo averaged 15.3 points, 3.5 rebounds and 4.4 assists and shot 44.9 percent from the field and 40.7 percent from three-point range. He also averaged a team-high 35.5 minutes per game and was the only member of the Mavs to play in all 82 games.
    -- Dwain Price

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#storylink=cpy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible move for both parties. Esp the Bucks. They're going to suck regardless, why not tank for the strongest draft class in a long time? Nothing worse than being a middle of the pack team in this league. It's NBA purgatory.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mayo can be a legit #1 on a scrub squad (like the mavs w/o dirk) but can also be a cancer as the #2 or #3 option on a playoff team (like what happened after dirk returned). He's just a smaller and a cheap man's version of Rudy Gay imho

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wish he'd pull an "Artest" and show up in Kobe's shower stall, promising to come and help him win the 17th.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I wish he'd pull an "Artest" and show up in Kobe's shower stall, promising to come and help him win the 17th.
    I'm surprised you like Mayo, considering he's a loser and all

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm surprised you like Mayo, considering he's a loser and all
    I thought Artest a "loser" as well. The EXISTING difference between Artest & Mayo? Artest knew I was right and went about the redemption of his sins culminating in his rebirth in the press conference on 17 June 2010, when he confessed to cowardice in front of his mother, father, wife and children.. I'd like Mayo to follow that same path that Artest hacked open.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Mayo can be a legit #1 on a scrub squad (like the mavs w/o dirk) but can also be a cancer as the #2 or #3 option on a playoff team (like what happened after dirk returned). He's just a smaller and a cheap man's version of Rudy Gay imho
    Except that OJ can shoot, something that Rudy struggles with.

They both are similar in that neither are elite an anything, both are only above average at one thing (Rudy-scoring, Mayo-shooting), neither are really good ballhandlers for their position, neither player gets to the line that much, and neither are really essential to winning.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Except that OJ can shoot, something that Rudy struggles with.

They both are similar in that neither are elite an anything, both are only above average at one thing (Rudy-scoring, Mayo-shooting), neither are really good ballhandlers for their position, neither player gets to the line that much, and neither are really essential to winning.
    since when can OJ shoot?

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    since when can OJ shoot?
    Well he did shoot 40% from 3 last season and 38% for his career.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    insightful takes, thanks. Their impacts on their teams are similar, both negative > positive even though their playing styles are quite different. unfortunate of Mayo that he only earns 1/3 the salary Rudy makes

Thread Information