Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am more concerned with his foot speed as how well he can guard other players and how much offense he can create. I do agree he will better next season but with CoJo being the backup PG I just don't see him getting a lot of playing time at the PG position. But then again Manu is going to miss at least twenty to thirty games so he could get more playing time at SG but I would rather have Adam Hanga for this position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In spite of his 6'9" height, Adetokunbo is not a big. He grew 3 inches in the last year, and should really be considered a wing.
    if he grows any more or once he puts on some weight. he's gonna start setting some screens and getting in that paint.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still struggle to see where this guy fits. He has talent, and I actually don't mind that he's anxious to play, though, some of the melodrama is unnecessary and he needs to show a willingness to play in Austin if required. But is he a PG? probably not since Cojo has emerged. If he's a SG can he improve that outside shot and not be a defensive liability? Either way he's the 3rd stringer if the best case scenario assuming Neal isn't brought back. Can he be patient, learn under Manu, and wait for his shot in the post big three era 2 years from now? If not, I think you have to move him for an asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando is more suited to defend SG. He has the size and the toughness to do it while it's tough for him to stay with the quickest guard.

And on the paper, a Joseph/De Colo backcourt should work fine. They just complement each other well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still of the belief that the Spurs should do whatever is in their capabilties to secure a promising, young big in this upcoming draft. If there is any way in which De Colo can be sacrificied to help improve the Spurs draft position, with say a team like ATL, who has multiple draft picks, I say pull the trigger.

IMO, Joseph securing the backup PG position and having a young kid like Hanga already in the pipeline, makes De Colo expendable. Therefore, the Spurs may as well try and get what they can for him, if there is any value at all. The priority for this June draft IS and SHOULD be getting the best available big for the future. If the Spurs can improve their existing draft position by using De Colog in order to do so, I say go for it.
    So what big do you think we should target? For me I would have no problems trading Neal/De Colo/Bonner/Blair for these two players : Darco SF/PF -6"10 223 and Gorguie Dieng C - 6"11 230............Atlanta "Ferry" owes us a favor for taking Bud to be there head coach so do us a good Ferry....They are going to be huge players for CP3 and Howard so they are going to be clearing contracts and who knows Bonner might help us. That would be sweet to give them bonner and we get there 17pick and still keep our 28th pick..
    Last edited by BackHome; 06-02-2013 at 11:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what big do you think we should target? For me I would have no problems trading Neal/De Colo/Bonner/Blair for these two players : Darco SF/PF -6"10 223 and Gorguie Dieng C - 6"11 230............Atlanta "Ferry" owes us a favor for taking Bud to be there head coach so do us a good Ferry....They are going to be huge players for CP3 and Howard so they are going to be clearing contracts and who knows Bonner might help us. That would be sweet to give them bonner and we get there 17pick and still keep our 28th pick..
    I agree with you on Gorgui Dieng. Defensive demon, superb pick-n-roll defender and an excellent shot-blocker. He's also a kid with an emerging offensive game, as evidenced during Louisville's run through the NCAA tournament.

The other preferred target, and this is a guy that I know they like, is Steven Adams. A legit 7-footer with strong rebounding and physical skills. He surprised many at the recent NBA Draft Combine when he displayed a never-before-seen ability to consistently stroke the outside shot from about 15ft. I remember reading that R.C. Buford was spotted at one of his late season home games.

It's very likely that both these kids go during the middle round of the draft., which is why I believe it's paramount the Spurs be able to move up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In today's french newspaper:

I'm ready but I don't have false hopes. The rotation is set. I knew that the first season would be complicate especially in a team with a very deep roster like Spurs. I rather play. I've communicated about my frustration and I've received a rap over the knuckles from the management. But there isn't an issue. I'm just a player who wants to play. The team is winning and I'm fully behind it. Even if nothing is done, there is a le at the end.
    So, as expected, Spurs didn't like Nando's whining and let him know that but this story didn't turn into some kind of big issue.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that Cory Joseph has taken the backup PG role. That might make De Colo available in a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he grows any more or once he puts on some weight. he's gonna start setting some screens and getting in that paint.
    Why would you take a guy that they call Euro Durant, and pack weight on him and shove him in the paint? Because he's 6'9"? Not a good reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So De Colo's going to play in the summer league...

I'll say this: I admit I haven't been too big of a fan of De Colo recently, but I'm glad to see him doing the little things to get the coaches' attention. If he puts his game in the grindstone, he should be able to beat out Joseph for good.

Also, if the Spurs sign Evans, how great would it be to have a unit with three players at around the same height who have experience playing all of the perimeter positions, and who have actually had success at those positions. It could be one of the most intriguing units in basketball history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An interview he gave to his local newspaper a couple of days ago:
    http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/na...a213b0n1398080

A translation of what he said that is Spurs related:

"I wasn't forced to play the SL but Spurs told me it would be better I played it. I was partially surprised because with the FNT just following, I thought they would gave me a little more rest but I was partially not surprised because it can be good for next season. Coaches thinks that it's the best option, it's also a part of the job. I know that during the first years and with my little playing time, it could led me to play there."

" These summer games will allow to exactly determinate in what way Spurs want to use me. I won't only play PG. I will also play some SG. SG is a post I like a lot. People have always me what post I rather play: PG or SG. I really like to be in a in-between situation: play at first like a SG and takes back the PG spot for a few plays. It's a little in the mold of Manu's style. Now that I've been alongside him for a year, I see some similarities and SG is a post I like to play."

"I knew when arriving to the Spurs that it would be a learning year. Team goals were really high. Aside of winning the Finals, we have reach them. The loss remains frustrating. When you are so close of a first NBA tile, you said to yourself "why not?". It was very close and that's the NBA's trademark. Team-wise, it was a good season. Personally, I've leaned a lot about the daily life, the American game and the way it works. Having 10 coaches is always surprising. You had to adjust at all that. The NBA as long as you aren't in it, you don't know what it will be. When you are with a winning team, it's easier to put the lack of playing time you've hoped for in perspective. Spurs are a team than don't change their players each year. The three main players have been here for 10 years. I was the only new player. It's not as easy as it seems to make yourself a spot. I had to keep trying and that's why I'm going to SL."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nice to hear that De Colo will play some SG. I think the best for Spurs is now to go with Joseph as backup PG. Even with the Belinelli signing isn't a good news for De Colo, he should still be able to get some playing time as long as Spurs don't sign a SF to backup Kawhi and go with a lot of 3 guards lineups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree I like him better as a SG as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think we'll see a lot of Manu-Belli-Nando line ups off the bench? Would have to be when there is a slowish back up pg in the game for the opposing team. Toss Boris in there an you have an awesome passing team. I can see Pop riding the situational backup PG deal btw Nando & Cory all season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re-signing Neal would be the death knell to De Colo's hopes of getting playing time. Pop can't keep going back and forth between him and Joseph. One needs to get comfortable running the offense. More and more now, it seems like the signing of Belinelli could turn out to be a mistake.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando is willing to work hard. Play Nando..........

Nando = X-Factor 2013-2014............

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think he played enough so that other teams can value him. Thats the main problem.
    And I believe next season is gonna be the same if he stays. His contract will end, and most people would not be able to tell if this guy can or cant be a backup PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love nando. i hope neal isn't coming back. nando's needle threading ability is just what the spurs need.

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love nando. i hope neal isn't coming back. nando's needle threading ability is just what the spurs need.
    Agreed, Nando just needs to work on his shot and his confidence. BBIQ is there already.

Given the chance to settle into a defined role, I think Nando could be surprisingly productive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade him!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy cant be pg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is a turd. Get rid of him and move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i said all along that he is not a pg and he's shooting is very streaky, but i didn't know he wouldn't even put any effort into trying to prove a point. He's starting to piss me off tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTFO.

this guy cant be pg
    Rubbish.

This guy is a turd. Get rid of him and move on.
    GTFO, Mavs fan.

i said all along that he is not a pg and he's shooting is very streaky, but i didn't know he wouldn't even put any effort into trying to prove a point. He's starting to piss me off tbh.
    Pathetic post of the year award, tbh..............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^lmao

Thread Information