808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    However ...

Cousins' humility went missing when he was pressed to elaborate on his intent to "come in and try to be the best big [in camp]."

Asked to identify his compe ion for that unofficial le -- in a camp that also features the likes of Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Kenneth Faried, Derrick Favors, DeAndre Jordan, Greg Monroe and Larry Sanders -- Cousins shot back with a quick: "Nobody."
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/95...usa-basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shocking.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins has the potential to be the best big man in the game but his at ude is preventing it, he is very talented and has solid game but he's a nutjob. He's 22 yrs old and is putting up 17 and 10 but is efficiency because he takes too many outside shots, his shot chart looks like Kirby's with less 3pt attempts, a 33% jumpshooter taking as many shots outside of the paint as inside(where he's 64%)

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    An immense talent without the mental capacity or humility to utilize it. He will be seen as the best at his position one day by virtue of his peers being mediocre.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Talent is surely there. At ude still an issue. And for the life of me, I don't know how a big man that big and that strong and that skilled shoots 45% from the field for his NBA career. I'm guessing he takes more jumpers than he should, but I don't know. I don't watch Kings games. But that guy should be shooting 55% from the field year in and year out.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He needs to be Zimmerman'ed.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Cousins definitely needs to be on a veteran team with guys who will tell him point-blank to quit the .... dude's ego is out of control right now, tbh....

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheed Jr tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins has the potential to be the best big man in the game but his at ude is preventing it, he is very talented and has solid game but he's a nutjob. He's 22 yrs old and is putting up 17 and 10 but is efficiency because he takes too many outside shots, his shot chart looks like Kirby's with less 3pt attempts, a 33% jumpshooter taking as many shots outside of the paint as inside(where he's 64%)
    Spot on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic case of a guy who has had his ego pumped up all his life, he's been able to skate through on his talent without working hard. He still doesn't have to work hard to average 17/10.

As others have said he needs a veteran team, especially one with a veteran big man. Getting schooled by Timmy day in, day out in practice would be good for him, make it clear to him how far he still had to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'11, 270 lbs.... career 44.8% shooter from the field. tells me all i need to know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good that he believes that. Go out and prove it.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dude has the potential to be the best big of USA but as this point of time DH still sits atop the ranking of bigs, though he's a bit overrated.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    dudes a beast

Thread Information