Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count
    She's probably in awe of that amazing SEC defense ESPN always talks about.

My Team
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Post Count
    Shame such a football genius is rotting in a jail cell for teaching kids how to receive.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Loved it. Opening night always provides great GIFs.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thoughts?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sumlin was courted last year by NFL teams and will continue to be courted going forward. It means your program is doing something right.

I think he's still a ways away from even entertaining NFL offers though from listening to his interviews. Guy loves recruiting more than anything else.

Texas fans can dream though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I think he's still a ways away from even entertaining NFL offers though from listening to his interviews.
    But turning down Dallas if it's a possibility?

That's not remotely close to interest from Philly and the Browns.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    But turning down Dallas if it's a possibility?

That's not remotely close to interest from Philly and the Browns.
    I'm not sure Dallas is all that appealing while Jerry's still alive and kicking. Maybe, but I think Sumlin stays at least a few more years.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm not sure Dallas is all that appealing while Jerry's still alive and kicking. Maybe, but I think Sumlin stays at least a few more years.
    Yes, I agree that Jerrah being in the way is a huge obstacle.

Just saying I don't think Sumlin gives them an immediate "no." You have to listen even if you're confident you don't want to be a part of that show.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Well according to Blake, Sherman and Sumlin are a wash when it comes to head coaching. So maybe the Cowboys look at Sherman?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Jerry's an idiot that's hired nothing but crap coaches except for Parcells so anything's possible.

but Sumlin has lucked out with offensive coordinators and i think he knows it. If he's making $5 million a year, I doubt he leaves A&M any time soon.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    but Sumlin has lucked out with offensive coordinators and i think he knows it. If he's making $5 million a year, I doubt he leaves A&M any time soon.
    you really have no idea what you're talking about. You realize Kingsbury started his coaching career under Sumlin at Houston as a quality control coach right? You realize Spavital (the curreent OC) also coached under Sumlin at Houston as a quality control coach right? Guys like Kingsbury and Spavital are just a branch off the offense that Sumlin/Gundy/Holgerson have mastered. Sumlin has had amazing seasons as a o-coordinator himself. This is his offense.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    speaking of, Kingsbury has been everything i had hoped for and more. Absolutely changed the culture of our program.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Kingsbury is Sumlin 2.0.

I think he will be very successful.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Jerry's an idiot that's hired nothing but crap coaches except for Parcells so anything's possible.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Blake

On Sumlin moving to the NFL, he has said in the past that his number one motivation for coaching is molding boys into young men. I think it will be awhile before Sumlin attempts a jump into the NFL.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    On Sumlin moving to the NFL, he has said in the past that his number one motivation for coaching is molding boys into young men.
    I don't necessarily think Sumlin's heading anywhere for a bit either, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's something other than generic, collegiate and below coach-speak.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't necessarily think Sumlin's heading anywhere for a bit either, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's something other than generic, collegiate and below coach-speak.
    Yup

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He has said on multiple occasions, though, that he enjoys recruiting. Is it enough to keep him from the NFL? Probably not. But I do believe that he enjoys the college game.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He has said on multiple occasions, though, that he enjoys recruiting. Is it enough to keep him from the NFL? Probably not. But I do believe that he enjoys the college game.
    I'm sure there's truth to that. I just think we should pump the brakes when proppin' his selfless, humanitarian efforts.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Kingsbury is Sumlin 2.0.

I think he will be very successful.
    always knew he was incredibly smart. Glad he could have a great teacher show him the ropes.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I think there might be some truth to what he's saying. I do understand what you're saying though. He's not going to be 100% truthful about the NFL/leaving because that could hurt recruiting among other things.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    you really have no idea what you're talking about. You realize Kingsbury started his coaching career under Sumlin at Houston as a quality control coach right? You realize Spavital (the curreent OC) also coached under Sumlin at Houston as a quality control coach right? Guys like Kingsbury and Spavital are just a branch off the offense that Sumlin/Gundy/Holgerson have mastered. Sumlin has had amazing seasons as a o-coordinator himself. This is his offense.
    Lol no. It's Dana Hologerson's base offense which is a base of Leach's Air Raid.

It was Dana that called Kliff to come to Houston, not Sumlin.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Lol no. It's Dana Hologerson's base offense which is a base of Leach's Air Raid.

It was Dana that called Kliff to come to Houston, not Sumlin.
    It just kills you that Sumlin is dominating with this offense, doesn't it? We are on our 3rd OC with Sumlin. Offense is better than ever, seemingly. What has stayed the same over those 3 years?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well, I would hazard a guess he is getting better players.

Thread Information