Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Alabama is more than a quality win. They're a borderline top 5 team. And LSU will be a 9-10 win team by the end of the season. A 3-point road loss is not a bad loss.

And putting Ohio State in the top 5 is laughable when they lost to a sorry VT team and have beaten no one. That's dumb.
    TCU beat Oklahoma and OK St and only lost by 3 on the road the #5 ranked team at the time.

Notre Dame only lost by 4 on the road to the national champs and one of only 2 undefeateds.

Not to mention the rule of thumb since forever is that late season losses hurt your rankings more than early season losses... unless you're an SEC team I guess. Old Piss should be 9-12, not 4.

Post Count
    A very good LSU team based on their last game.
    They have been horribly inconsistent and their QB is HS level.

Total BS. Solid Arkansas.... Another HS QB, all they can do is run the ball, and their D sucks. Total disagree with your assessments. Ridiculous.
    LSU may not have a QB, but they run the ball very well and have a strong defense. They're gonna finish with 9-10 wins and they have a good shot at beating Bama in two weeks. Losing a 3 point game in Baton Rouge is not a bad loss, especially after already beating Bama this season.

Its not ridiculous. No other one loss team has a better resume than Auburn right now.

Post Count
    TCU beat Oklahoma and OK St and only lost by 3 on the road the #5 ranked team at the time.

Notre Dame only lost by 4 on the road to the national champs and one of only 2 undefeateds.

Not to mention the rule of thumb since forever is that late season losses hurt your rankings more than early season losses... unless you're an SEC team I guess. Old Piss should be 9-12, not 4.
    Notre Dame hasn't beaten anyone this season. Who cares who they lost to. FSU is overrated anyway and would get exposed against better compe ion. They play no one this season.

I like TCU and they have a valid argument, but Okie State sucks this year and Oklahoma has proven to be overrated again this year with a home loss to a good but not great K-State team. And how good is Baylor? No one knows outside of the TCU they game. They got waxed by the only other good opponent on their schedule. Ole Miss still has a better resume than TCU or Notre Dame since Bama is by far better than OU or anyone else ND have beaten.

Post Count
    I was curious about the argument solely as it pertained to TCU because Auburn's schedule has been tougher than TCU's. I think the SEC is massively overrated, which relates to your K State point, but it's a conversation for another time.
    Of course you do, but you have no argument to back it up.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well Auburn has plenty of chances to get knocked off with road games at Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama. If they win out, they should be at least number two even above an undefeated FSU team.
    I don't have a problem with that because if Auburn wins those games legit (without the opposition missing 3 easy field goals and turning the ball over 3x as often for easy score like k state game) then ok. Auburn would possibly have an SEC championship game as well.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Notre Dame hasn't beaten anyone this season. Who cares who they lost to. FSU is overrated anyway and would get exposed against better compe ion. They play no one this season.

I like TCU and they have a valid argument, but Okie State sucks this year and Oklahoma has proven to be overrated again this year with a home loss to a good but not great K-State team. And how good is Baylor? No one knows outside of the TCU they game. They got waxed by the only other good opponent on their schedule. Ole Miss still has a better resume than TCU or Notre Dame since Bama is by far better than OU or anyone else ND have beaten.
    Luckily it won't matter as Old Piss will get exposed for the fraud they are at home this weekend and can drop to the 20s where they belong.

Post Count
    Luckily it won't matter as Old Piss will get exposed for the fraud they are at home this weekend and can drop to the 20s where they belong.
    If Ole Miss wins this weekend, you should wear their skin the following week.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LSU may not have a QB, but they run the ball very well and have a strong defense. They're gonna finish with 9-10 wins and they have a good shot at beating Bama in two weeks. Losing a 3 point game in Baton Rouge is not a bad loss, especially after already beating Bama this season.

Its not ridiculous. No other one loss team has a better resume than Auburn right now.
    So what.

LSU is NOT a great team. They just are not. They can't even throw the ball down the field. They have been horribly inconsistent. You are SEC infected.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    LSU with "9-10" wins

Yeah, let's look at those quality wins:

Wisconsin
    Sam Houston
    UL Monroe
    New Mexico St
    Florida
    Kentucky
    Ole Miss
    Arkansas
    Argy

Like they're going to beat Bama. Their only "quality" win might end up being unranked by the end of the season.

Post Count
    So what.

LSU is NOT a great team. They just are not. They can't even throw the ball down the field. They have been horribly inconsistent. You are SEC infected.
    I didn't say they were great, but they can very good especially with their defense and running game and big play WRs. QB play has been an issue, but they're a very young team who's getting better each week. They're gonna give Bama a real battle.

I'm not SEC infected. I just look at the data. The SEC is clearly the best conference this season followed by the Pac-12 in a wide margin. The Big 12 has 5 good to very good teams in TCU, K-State, OU, Baylor, and West Virginia. OKie State is barely above average and the rest of the conference is horrible.

Post Count
    LSU with "9-10" wins

Yeah, let's look at those quality wins:

Wisconsin
    Sam Houston
    UL Monroe
    New Mexico St
    Florida
    Kentucky
    Ole Miss
    Arkansas
    Argy

Like they're going to beat Bama. Their only "quality" win might end up being unranked by the end of the season.
    They have a good shot to beat Bama with their defense and running game, especially at home. Bama's defense isn't as good as Ole Miss's who has been the best defense in the country up to this point.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    The Pac-12? name me the 5 teams that are equivalent or better than the 5 Big 12 teams you listed. I'll get you started:

Oregon
    Arizona St.
    Arizona

Post Count
    Besides, Baylor's non-conference schedule is even worse than LSU. LSU at least played Wisconsin out of conference. Who did Baylor play? And Baylor is also beating up on the sorry teams in the Big 12. They could up going 9-3 with their only quality win being TCU.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Besides, Baylor's non-conference schedule is even worse than LSU. LSU at least played Wisconsin out of conference. Who did Baylor play? And Baylor is also beating up on the sorry teams in the Big 12. They could up going 9-3 with their only quality win being TCU.
    Please point me to the post where I made the case for Baylor.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LSU can be a good team... Can be...

So can Oklahoma and ok st.

Look what OK did to Bama last year...

When was the last time an SEC opponent thrashed them like that?

Can be...

Post Count
    The Pac-12? name me the 5 teams that are equivalent or better than the 5 Big 12 teams you listed. I'll get you started:

Oregon
    Arizona St.
    Arizona
    Utah and UCLA aren't far behind. But the PAC-12 has better depth compared to the Big 12 which is top heavy with TCU, K-State, and OU being top 10 caliber teams with WV and Baylor as top 20 teams.

But the PAc-12 has a alot of good teams overall with Oregon being top 10 caliber, Arizona, ASU, and Utah being top 20, and then you have UCLA, USC, and Stanford being top 30 teams. Washington, Oregon State, and Cal being solid teams. Only bad teams are WSU and Colorado.

The Big 12 has 3 of the worst teams in the country with TT, ISU, and Kansas. Okie St is average at best and Texas is bad. So basically half the conference is good and the other half is crap.

Post Count
    LSU can be a good team... Can be...

So can Oklahoma and ok st.

Look what OK did to Bama last year...

When was the last time an SEC opponent thrashed them like that?

Can be...
    That's a freakin bowl game. Bama doesn't care about bowl games unless they're playing for a championship. Same thing happened to them a few years when they faced Utah in the Sugar Bowl after being knocked out of the championship race with a loss to Florida in the SEC le game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That's a freakin bowl game. Bama doesn't care about bowl games unless they're playing for a championship. Same thing happened to them a few years when they faced Utah in the Sugar Bowl after being knocked out of the championship race with a loss to Florida in the SEC le game.
    Oh what a Fkn dip excuse.

They got embarrassed. So SEC bowl games don't count, only when SEC plays SEC do games matter.
    That is a POS excuse.

When was the last time Bama got whipped like that by an SEC team?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You see, when Alabama stomped Michigan St. In a non le game bowl game 2011, 49-7, they really did not care.

BS...

Michigan St. Had lost 1 game up to that point. Alabama's most recent non le bowl game after Oklahoma.
    But they really did not care. Nick said so?

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Yeah, UCLA is quality and beat "bad" Texas by a FG.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Oh what a Fkn dip excuse.

They got embarrassed. So SEC bowl games don't count, only when SEC plays SEC do games matter.
    That is a POS excuse.

When was the last time Bama got whipped like that by an SEC team?
    No it's not....Alabama just lost the chance to play in the National Championship the week before to Auburn (on a 109 yard missed field goal return for TD). Everybody in the country knew they were going to lose that game to Oklahoma. Our teams might get excited to play in a Sugar Bowl or Fiesta Bowl....but Alabama doesn't. It's National Championship or bust....

They did the same thing 4-5 years ago. Got smashed after losing the National Championship the week before...

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol i had no idea oklahoma would spank alabama

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No it's not....Alabama just lost the chance to play in the National Championship the week before to Auburn (on a 109 yard missed field goal return for TD). Everybody in the country knew they were going to lose that game to Oklahoma. Our teams might get excited to play in a Sugar Bowl or Fiesta Bowl....but Alabama doesn't. It's National Championship or bust....

They did the same thing 4-5 years ago. Got smashed after losing the National Championship the week before...
    So what.

They beat the crap out of MSU after a big disappointment. If this is how SEC teams coached by Saban react, then that sucks.

And I beg your pardon, that is, and will always be, a POS excuse.
    Refuse to go to the game if this is how you react to disappointment. (Which a more recent bowl game with MSU disproves. Towing that ty line is cowardice and a pitiful excuse. So the MSU victory was bust or bust... And they mauled a 1 loss team.

And again I ask, when was the last time Bama got beat like that by an SEC team? Is Bama conference comfy?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol i had no idea oklahoma would spank alabama
    Neither did Vegas.

Only the SEC fans had spotted the long tried and true trend.
    Must have made a mint betting the Sooners.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    So what.

They beat the crap out of MSU after a big disappointment. If this is how SEC teams coached by Saban react, then that sucks.

And I beg your pardon, that is, and will always be, a POS excuse.
    Refuse to go to the game if this is how you react to disappointment. (Which a more recent bowl game with MSU disproves. Towing that ty line is cowardice and a pitiful excuse. So the MSU victory was bust or bust... And they mauled a 1 loss team.
    It might be a POS excuse...I'll give you that.

I'm just saying this. If you want to double or triple your money....bet everything you have on the other team to whip Alabama's ass if this scenario ever plays out again. It's what the betting experts would call a "lock"....

Thread Information