Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green is set as a player in terms of skillset. When you get to a certain age, adding skills is almost impossible. I dont really question his work ethic because Green comes in every year in great phyiscal condition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green is set as a player in terms of skillset. When you get to a certain age, adding skills is almost impossible. I dont really question his work ethic because Green comes in every year in great phyiscal condition.
    Timmy added that 18 footer near the elbow at around Green's age. Jordan added his post-game at around Green's age. It can be done, and what we know about skill acquisition later in life (the brain actually remains nearly as plastic into adulthood as it was during childhood) and given how effective modern training methods are, I think Green could add a non-athletic skill to his game, like that in between jumper I always ramble about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy added that 18 footer near the elbow at around Green's age. Jordan added his post-game at around Green's age. It can be done, and what we know about skill acquisition later in life (the brain actually remains nearly as plastic into adulthood as it was during childhood) and given how effective modern training methods are, I think Green could add a non-athletic skill to his game, like that in between jumper I always ramble about.
    The difference is that Duncan and Jordan had more natural abilities as basketball players..I mean we're talking about two of the 5 best yo evef do it here bro.

They already had skill sets that was needed to learn those added skills.

Green has to learn how to dribble and learn the nuances of fakes etc...Duncan and Jordan needed less time and less learning. They just incorporated new moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is that Duncan and Jordan had more natural abilities..I mean we're talking about two of the 5 best yo evef do it here bro.
    True. But an in between jumper shouldn't have that large of a natural ability barrier to entry compared to something like post moves or ball handling.

Maybe he has added it and Pop doesn't let him use it. I don't know. I just believe he has a bit more talent offensively than given credit for. Not expecting 15 per night, but as I've said, I think he has the potential to add 4ish points to his line in other ways aside from spot up threes.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If danny green could drive to the hoop. He would get so much ing space on that 3 ball.

One can dream.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. But an in between jumper shouldn't have that large of a natural ability barrier to entry compared to something like post moves or ball handling.

Maybe he has added it and Pop doesn't let him use it. I don't know. I just believe he has a bit more talent offensively than given credit for. Not expecting 15 per night, but as I've said, I think he has the potential to add 4ish points to his line in other ways aside from spot up threes.
    I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LDN is one of my all-time favourite Spurs, I love that guy.

But... the skill he needs to add is the skill of shooting the ing ball more often. He has a high, quick release but he doesn't let it fly enough. He used to

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making layups would be an added skill for Green.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    come on - you know adding layups to your game is not happening after 25... Green is a slouch. He's so anti spur its amazing he's on the team. not a compe or unless he's in a dance contest or hugging opponent contest. Green or Jr smith for the worst of the worst award

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anther scrub SG, another career high

D-League

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Anther scrub SG, another career high

D-League
    Need Simmons back ASAP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need Simmons back ASAP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to watch Green sometimes. The one saving grace is that he's been really good against decent teams but my God..he can really be exposed sometimes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's like D&D right now... you could tell me he's been shooting great from 3, and I wouldn't know by looking at the games. Right now whenever he shots I expect it not to go in, tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never thought I'd say this, but the team really misses my man J Simms. He's the only slasher on the team that can get to the rim out of all the SGs and SFs.

Spurs really need a couple of slashers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least today, his D was subpar too. Mills is getting a lot of heat for Curry going off (he should because he was atrocious in several plays), but look at who was guarding Curry in the beginning of the game (boosting Curry's confidence for the rest of the game). A hint : It wasn't Mills or TP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least today, his D was subpar too. Mills is getting a lot of heat for Curry going off (he should because he was atrocious in several plays), but look at who was guarding Curry in the beginning of the game (boosting Curry's confidence for the rest of the game). A hint : It wasn't Mills or TP.
    IDK about Curry but Barnes Isos on Danny looked so good for the Mavs, I expected more from Danny on those plays because he's one of the best one-on-one defenders in the league but he did nothing there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't want to get banned for spamming, so I left out every JJ Red and Monta Ellis game against the Spurs, ever.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't want to get banned for spamming, so I left out every JJ Red and Monta Ellis game against the Spurs, ever.
    Who gets pinked nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty horrendous D in the 3rd Q... He had similarly bad sequences against the Pelicans.. Spurs win that game if Murray plays some minutes for Mills there IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missed the game but I bet he was spectacular.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    If he can't slow down Seth Curry, how the is he suppose to stop the real McCoy?

Wingstop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty horrendous D in the 3rd Q... He had similarly bad sequences against the Pelicans.. Spurs win that game if Murray plays some minutes for Mills there IMO.
    Couldn't agree more.

Also, I don't want to see the Spurs closing games with Parker or Mills...Run with Murray or Kyle but let the two point guards on the bench. They have been negative in the last two games in the 4th.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 01-30-2017 at 02:06 AM.

Thread Information