Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facebook San Antonio Spurs has a nice synopsis of the never to be seen again outbreak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been touting this ^ for a while. Even beyond the numbers verifying this, the eye test is painfully obvious how much better TP is at running things (when hes playing well) with regards to LMA getting his.
    Yep. And his FGA should be higher because he's getting some great looks and doesn't knock em' down enough.

But when TP is creating a bit more, it also keeps Kawhi a more fresh in case he needs to take us home in the 4th. I think he'll be good enough in the playoffs. Maybe not every game, but enough to get us thru the first couple rounds.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker runs the P&P with Aldridge to perfection. Mills otoh just dribbles down the court and hands to ball in the post to Aldridge, who just isn't a post player on most nights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only on Spurstalk are people arguing whether the Spurs are better with or without Parker. Everyone knows they need a healthy Parker to go anywhere in the playoffs.

In the past I wouldn't have been too hopeful that Parker could string together a successful, healthy, deep playoff run. But these days anything is possible. He could pull a Dwyane Wade move and meet with a "German sports nutritionalist, and instantly return to prime form with explosive moves like he is 25 years old. I see that kind of thing happen today in all professional sports.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only on Spurstalk are people arguing whether the Spurs are better with or without Parker. Everyone knows they need a healthy Parker to go anywhere in the playoffs.

In the past I wouldn't have been too hopeful that Parker could string together a successful, healthy, deep playoff run. But these days anything is possible. He could pull a Dwyane Wade move and meet with a "German sports nutritionalist, and instantly return to prime form with explosive moves like he is 25 years old. I see that kind of thing happen today in all professional sports.
    Great analysis there.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I was highly critical of him last game, but he's "pulling me back in" again.
    how much did he pull you back in tonight?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    OP

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    tp averaging 33% shooting and 4 assists the past four games.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We still have a good chance of winning the chip. Porker just has to cut down his cancerous play.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do Microwave fans keep bumping me when I was right?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Why do Microwave fans keep bumping me when I was right?
    He's been playing well lately, averaging 18 and 5 dimes on 51% over his last 4, and 12ppg on 48% over his last 10, which is more than acceptable.

Once again, like a poker player committed to a pot, we're priced in on him and just have to hope he holds up like a pair of Aces facing a draw heavy board.

keep hoping tony holds up like a pair of aces dumbass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

keep hoping tony holds up like a pair of aces dumbass
    They didn't.

So what?

Start House?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again, like a poker player committed to a pot, we're priced in on him and just have to hope he holds up like a pair of Aces facing a draw heavy board.

I do wish we had another option, of course. A strained ass cheek here or a tummy ache there, and Parker's game falls off a cliff. But we don't, so like last year, I'm willing to gamble.
    It's really sad that people can't seem to get this. The Spurs HAVE to hope Parker can perform in the playoffs. They can't afford for him to be bad. So why the to people think it's hilarious that he's playing poorly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really sad that people can't seem to get this. The Spurs HAVE to hope Parker can perform in the playoffs. They can't afford for him to be bad. So why the to people think it's hilarious that he's playing poorly?
    Because they'd rather be "right" than see the Spurs have success.

They're also under the delusional and highly idiotic idea that Parker will flame out, House will start, and all will be solved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Parker can't play well we are done starting in the semis. We can probably survive against the Memphis or OKC but no way after that. he doesn't have to be great- 10-6 on decent shooting is enough.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So what?

Start House?

3 turnovers, 2 assists. 36.4% shooting on 11 shots
    yeah, i'm starting patty. spurs did that work while he was in. they play better with mills. parker is a negative. he fooled you though. wasn't the first time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 turnovers, 2 assists. 36.4% shooting on 11 shots
    yeah, i'm starting patty. spurs did that work while he was in. they play better with mills. parker is a negative. he fooled you though. wasn't the first time.
    Trying to credit Patty for the run Pau and Manu sparked

New low.

Also, I've said before, Patty can work as a starter if Manu also starts. You ready to give up on your boy Green?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

New low.

Also, I've said before, Patty can work as a starter if Manu also starts. You ready to give up on your boy Green?
    There's been some concern about whether Mills can succeed without Manu Ginobili alongside him to share ballhandling duties. I don't think the statistical evidence backs that up. The Spurs have a slightly better offensive rating (and net rating) when Mills plays without Ginobili, per NBA.com/Stats, and such lineups that include Kawhi Leonard have been more effective, posting a sizzling 115.6 offensive rating in 447 minutes. Some of that is probably Leonard and company beating up on second units, but we've also seen Mills finish several games recently.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18990898/kevin-pelton-weekly-nba-mailbag-including-bradley-beal

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that we "want porker to do bad". Dude was great in 2012 2013. Dude is a bum now. I know he isn't the answer. That's the difference. You gots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's been some concern about whether Mills can succeed without Manu Ginobili alongside him to share ballhandling duties. I don't think the statistical evidence backs that up. The Spurs have a slightly better offensive rating (and net rating) when Mills plays without Ginobili, per NBA.com/Stats, and such lineups that include Kawhi Leonard have been more effective, posting a sizzling 115.6 offensive rating in 447 minutes. Some of that is probably Leonard and company beating up on second units, but we've also seen Mills finish several games recently.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18990898/kevin-pelton-weekly-nba-mailbag-including-bradley-beal
    Good counter argument. Stats confirm its worth expirementing with for these last few regular season games.

Someone should laminate that article and put it inside pops wine bottle. He will see it and read it after a full bottle and might convince himself when intoxicated

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those were probably responses to obnoxious player fans who routinely tear down other Spurs guards and wings whenever their hero's poor play is called into question.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

New low.

parker is the biggest liability on the team. and no, patty doesn't need manu to also start.

parker should be playing less. to say the least.

being pulled in
    being pulled in again
    watch out, he might pull you in again

Thread Information