Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Anyone else catch it? Pretty ing good. I had no idea just how big of a part that Jimmy Iovine had in so many influential artists. Dude is a ing music godfather.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I thought it was the "Defiant Ones" from the '50's with Poitier & Tony Curtis.

Is the one you're referencing have same plot line?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    One of the best music docs I have seen. Dre jamming to Stay Away was badass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    One of the greates docs I've ever seen. I'm a big do entary guy. I just binged it tonight and I enjoyed it so much I'm going to watch it again. This doc is like art itself. By the way if you havent seen Muscle Shoals you need to watch it asap. It's another music doc based on Rick halls Fame studios in Muscle Shoals Alabama. Similar story of the engineer and producer Rick Halls incredible and maticoulous work ethic that produced some of the greatest albums of all time.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Other than it feeling like a gross Beats commercial at times, it was pretty great.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Need to do... SUN RECORDS.... the movie right. So many legendary greats started right there....

Elvis
    Jerry Lee Lewis
    Howlin' Wolf
    Johnny Cash
    Charlie Feathers
    Harmonica Frank Floyd......cat played the harmonica with his nose.
    Junior Parker
    Carl Perkins
    Charlie Rich
    Roy Orbison

D.A.Hunt recorded one record, then....poof~~~~ Do yourself a favor youtube D.A. Hunt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    One of the best music docs I have seen. Dre jamming to Stay Away was badass.
    I had already heard great reviews but at that moment, I was like damn this going to be pretty ing good!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Other than it feeling like a gross Beats commercial at times, it was pretty great.
    I didn't take it that way at all. It was a the ultimate culmination of two geniuses coming up with one of the greatest marketing strategies ever by using their own labels and videos to market a product they came up with on their own. It was essentially like making something go viral then selling that idea for over 3billion dollars.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I didn't take it that way at all. It was a the ultimate culmination of two geniuses coming up with one of the greatest marketing strategies ever by using their own labels and videos to market a product they came up with on their own. It was essentially like making something go viral then selling that idea for over 3billion dollars.
    The best part was the Olympics thing where they decided to make Beats with different countries flags on them...knowing good and well they would get ostracized by the Olympic committee. All it did was get them even more exposure. Worked with the NFL too.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    They needed one more epiosde dealing with the fervent and excessive blaming and backlash of its artists following Columbine. From Manson, to NIN, to Eminem including commentary on it in his raps, it's sorta funny they kept hinting at waiting for Dre's Aftermath and I kept waiting for discussion on the label's aftermath in lieu of current events that mimic'd art, especially of the white suberban variety. Spent time discussing gansta rap, but NIN and MM were as controversial as anything ever in the mid/late 90s and directly blamed for rise in white murderous crime.

But maybe this creates a disjointed feel to the Doc?

I just was hoping for a OJ Made In America style where every nuance is explored in detail to the greater sum of the overall.

But it was good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The best part was the Olympics thing where they decided to make Beats with different countries flags on them...knowing good and well they would get ostracized by the Olympic committee. All it did was get them even more exposure. Worked with the NFL too.
    Bingo! It caught on like wild fire and Jimmy Iovine was a mad genius at getting pop culture entertainers to buy in. Masterful! But all in all that isn't even the best part of the doc to me. It was the fact that these two individuals made stars out of people that didn't even know they had it in them. Lol at Jimmy Iovine taking discarded songs from Springsteen and Petty only make top 10 hits with other talent. But damn Dre is the backbone of gangsta rap. Without dre the genre and era doesn't even really exist.

Thread Information