Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Failed experiment in New Orleans. He just didn't fit in the offense. Also, he got 27 carries to prove that he still had that elite explosiveness. He does not. He averaged 3.0 yards per carry and his long was 11 yards. With the emergence of Alvin Kamara, there just isn't a spot for AP.
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 10-10-2017 at 11:11 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I'm shocked someone took him. Potential cancer traded away. He wasn't gonna be happy getting limited carries.

I think he'll regret that fumble in the playoff game MN had all but sealed if they just held onto the ball.

Can't see him getting another Bowl shot unless he just bandwaggons on to a winner.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Arians will figure out how to use him imo should be a good fit for him, but this is likely his last year.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I think he would have been fine as the primary ball carrier since the Saints have a good o-line but he wasn't getting much touches here and has salary was too much as a 3rd stringer. Glad the Saints got something for him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Hard to say if Peterson is done. He's not that far removed from an MVP; and he was always a freak of nature. Teams stack the box on him too much. The Saints should have used him a bit more like they did Reggie Bush and hit him in space more.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No way I bring in a RB who has shown himself to be a selfish/ME player. The Cards will regret this move.

Great RB who ended up somewhere else.

O.J. Simpson Niners
    Tony Dorsett Broncos
    Emmitt Smith Cards
    Earl Campbell Saints
    Eric erson/Herschel Walker....how many teams?
    Marcus Allen Chiefs
    Marshawn Lynch Seahawks/Raiders
    Marshall Faulk Rams
    LaDainian Tomlinson Jets
    Jerome Bettis Steelers
    Franco Harris Seahawks

Only one team

Jim Brown
    Barry Sanders
    Walter Payton
    Gale Sayers
    Last edited by Avante; 10-11-2017 at 12:03 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No way I bring in a RB who has shown himself to be a selfish/ME player. The Cards will regret this move.

Great RB who ended up somewhere else.

O.J. Simpson Niners
    Tony Dorsett Broncos
    Emmitt Smith Cards
    Earl Campbell Saints
    Eric erson/Herschel Walker....how many teams?
    Marcus Allen Chiefs
    Marshawn Lynch Seahawks/Raiders
    Marshall Faulk Rams
    LaDainian Tomlinson Jets
    Jerome Bettis Steelers
    Franco Harris Seahawks

Only one team

Jim Brown
    Barry Sanders
    Walter Payton
    Gale Sayers
    Cards don't have anything to lose by giving it a shot. Doubt they'll have much regret.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Cardinals are awful. I doubt this changes things. Their line is one of the worst in football due to age/injury, and their defense has almost no prime talent beyond Jones, Peterson, Matthieu.

He’s a name to keep fans interested until Johnson returns.

He’s not helping them not get killed by the Eagles, or not throw 3 INTs vs Lions.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Cards don't have anything to lose by giving it a shot. Doubt they'll have much regret.

The Saints regret bringing him in, this will be different, why?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    The Saints were deep at RB and didn't have room to give him carries. Cardinals have a big hole at RB with their main back out.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Saints were deep at RB and didn't have room to give him carries. Cardinals have a big hole at RB with their main back out.
    Dude, why tell me what we all know?

AP is a selfish jerk, watch how this plays out.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Dude, why tell me what we all know?

AP is a selfish jerk, watch how this plays out.
    I don't think it will hurt Arizona at all. They're a struggling team who needs a RB.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I don't think it will hurt Arizona at all. They're a struggling team who needs a RB.
    The guy doesn't have it anymore, ok? So once the Cards see thiis there he'll sit......now think, ok?

He's 32 years old, and not a banger.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-11-2017 at 11:01 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What do the Saints regret? They get a pick maybe. They also have two capable backs. For their offense anyway. The Cards...not so much.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What do the Saints regret? They get a pick maybe. They also have two capable backs. For their offense anyway. The Cards...not so much.
    You really think anyone there enjoyed the AP experience?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Uh...they are totally different teams. And do the Saint really regret it? They got a conditional pick. And it's not like he won or lost any games for them.

Saints didn't need him in the first place. The Cards....kind of do.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Uh...they are totally different teams. And do the Saint really regret it? They got a conditional pick. And it's not like he won or lost any games for them.

Saints didn't need him in the first place. The Cards....kind of do.
    Here comes a half a page meltdown complete with a you don’t know about ww2 era cardinal rbs list that nobody gives a about

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Here comes a half a page meltdown complete with a you don’t know about ww2 era cardinal rbs list that nobody gives a about
    Also a reminder about how long he's watched the game and that he played in high school.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I can keep it simple, ya know.....fit in. Besides who here doesn't know about....

Hall of Famers Ernie Nevers, Ollie Matson with the Chicago Cardinals
    Charlie Trippi Chicago Cardinals
    John David Crow St. Louis Cardinals
    Terry Metcalf....great all purpose
    Of course the franchise all time leading rush Otis Anderson.

Ha~~~~~~~~~~

Not as easy as I make it look knowing it all.

Let's not forget.....Prentice Gautt, Joe Chidress, Thunder Thornton, Jim Otis.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-12-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Also a reminder about how long he's watched the game and that he played in high school.
    I'd love to have others here who could talk the game on my level. Guys like you need to learn things, why fight it? , I remember back before we had the Saints. , your first stud receiver was a slow white guy.....who?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I'd love to have others here who could talk the game on my level. Guys like you need to learn things, why fight it? , I remember back before we had the Saints. , your first stud receiver was a slow white guy.....who?
    Ambramowicz. Before my time but I know the Saints. Season tickets in my family since I was a kid & I’ve had my own since 2003. Grew up watching Dalton Hilliard, Eric Martin, the “Dome Patrol”, etc. Should have won a couple playoff games back then but it was with those Montana/Young 49ers teams in our division.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Ambramowicz. Before my time but I know the Saints. Season tickets in my family since I was a kid & I’ve had my own since 2003. Grew up watching Dalton Hilliard, Eric Martin, the “Dome Patrol”, etc. Should have won a couple playoff games back then but it was with those Montana/Young 49ers teams in our division.
    Bingo~~~~

Thing is what is wrong with having somebody around who actually saw Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, John Unitas play? I remember pre AFL. There were no Dallas Cowboys. If I were a young guy I'd be picking his brain, learn all I could.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    RBs not as important as offensive line in todays NFL

Thread Information