Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1686
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the church my brethren.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a great glue guy....doesn't do anything at a star level but has so much basic competency and he rarely looks lost, now if he would only trust his shot....the last piece of the puzzle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love me some Fathead. I was dead wrong about him. Dude is a solid ass two-way player. Pop better resign him.
    For not more than 5/6 mills per year, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great game again (except the last two minutes [/tholdren)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice game by Mr. Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be willing to go as high as 12 mill/yr. He's the type of long, two-way, versatile player that you need in today's game. If he ever develops a 3PT shot he'd be underpaid at 12 mill, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be willing to go as high as 12 mill/yr. He's the type of long, two-way, versatile player that you need in today's game. If he ever develops a 3PT shot he'd be underpaid at 12 mill, imo.
    You know you are my but I don't agree with you on this one. As much as I have given Simmons, the dude has proven to be better than Anderson for the past 3/2 years and he got just 7 millions per year. They kind of do the same things but in different ways. Both are roleplaying playmaking wings that can do a bit of everything but have mediocre jumpshots. If Simmons couldn't get more than 7 millions per year, then no way Kyle deserves 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know you are my but I don't agree with you on this one. As much as I have given Simmons, the dude has proven to be better than Anderson for the past 3/2 years and he got just 7 millions per year. They kind of do the same things but in different ways. Both are roleplaying playmaking wings that can do a bit of everything but have mediocre jumpshots. If Simmons couldn't get more than 7 millions per year, then no way Kyle deserves 12.
    Idk I guess it depends on the market. Simmons for $7 mill/yr is a bargain imo but maybe I'm still basing it on the contracts given two years ago.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the church my brethren.
    in b4 4/50 12:01 for the blissful irony

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's worth more than that tbh.
    Could be a real flight risk IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. And he's 24 years old. He's not in his prime and will get better, whether that is his shot improving or more confidence. He is worth it and will be paid.
    Look at Roberson tbh 10 mills a season
    is that guy better than Kyle Anderson tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's worth more than that tbh.
    Could be a real flight risk IMO.
    How is he worth more than Simmons, when Simmons was the guy getting playing time over him? When KA's agent comes to RC with some kind of crazy pretention RC just needs to show him Simmons' contract. There's no way Kyle gets more than that. At least not from intelligent front offices. But then again, the Spurs gave 10 mil per year to Patty and 17 per year to Pau, so you never know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons vs Anderson has run its course. Independent of who's better, Kyle's corpus is more complete, and he's younger while also being up for a new deal in a more stable off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Simmons is 28 while Kyle is 24. Kyle is longer, taller, is a better defender, passer, rebounder. JSimms is a better scorer, but that is it. There is nothing else he's better at not even passing. He looks for his shot all the time on the PnR and has as many TO as he has assists.

Kyle will get paid and if you get stingy with him he will be gone for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is he worth more than Simmons, when Simmons was the guy getting playing time over him? When KA's agent comes to RC with some kind of crazy pretention RC just needs to show him Simmons' contract. There's no way Kyle gets more than that. At least not from intelligent front offices. But then again, the Spurs gave 10 mil per year to Patty and 17 per year to Pau, so you never know.
    Bc Kyle was a 23 year old guy without shooting in a bench that played two bigs who also didn't shoot and he didn't fit in there very well at all. Credit must be given to JSimms for his improvement but to me Kyle showed up in the playoffs and even had better stats than JSimms did. Kyle was 23 years old in those playoffs and hadn't had the opportunities JSimms had all season of playing with the lineups and gaining confidence and chemistry. Opportunities Kyle had this season and he's grown up, developed, etc. If you don't think he will get paid you are en led to your opinion of course...

If Kyle has a solid to great playoffs you better believe he will get paid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Simmons is 28 while Kyle is 24. Kyle is longer, taller, is a better defender, passer, rebounder. JSimms is a better scorer, but that is it. There is nothing else he's better at not even passing. He looks for his shot all the time on the PnR and has as many TO as he has assists.

Kyle will get paid and if you get stingy with him he will be gone for sure.
    Sorry, but one of the things that makes KA a great player to have on your team is his friendly contract. Same as Patty before this offseason. Change that by giving him a double digit number per year and his uselfuness on an NBA roster greatly decreases. I'm all in for keepimg him at 5/6/7 mills per year. Anything more than that and I would rather take my chances on the next offseason Brandon Paul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bc Kyle was a 23 year old guy without shooting in a bench that played two bigs who also didn't shoot and he didn't fit in there very well at all. Credit must be given to JSimms for his improvement but to me Kyle showed up in the playoffs and even had better stats than JSimms did. Kyle was 23 years old in those playoffs and hadn't had the opportunities JSimms had all season of playing with the lineups and gaining confidence and chemistry. Opportunities Kyle had this season and he's grown up, developed, etc. If you don't think he will get paid you are en led to your opinion of course...

If Kyle has a solid to great playoffs you better believe he will get paid.
    I don't know if Kyle is going tk get paid or not. Again, look at Pau and Mills. I just know that he isn't worth double digits per year, tbh. At least not for now. If he somehow develops into a decent three point threat and remains important once Kawhi comes back, then we can re-open the discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but one of the things that makes KA a great player to have on your team is his friendly contract. Same as Patty before this offseason. Change that by giving him a double digit number per year and his uselfuness on an NBA roster greatly decreases. I'm all in for keepimg him at 5/6/7 mills per year. Anything more than that and I would rather take my chances on the next offseason Brandon Paul.
    Can you really base Fathead' s value on a friendly Simmons contract though? I think this off-season was unique in that it was a bad market for the players. Simmons and others (Hill, Evans off the top of my head) got way less than they were projected to get. I think the market might go back up this off-season, not as high as two years ago but still higher than this last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you really base Fathead' s value on a friendly Simmons contract though? I think this off-season was unique in that it was a bad market for the players. Simmons and others (Hill, Evans off the top of my head) got way less than they were projected to get. I think the market might go back up this off-season, not as high as two years ago but still higher than this last year.
    Bad market for players except Patty and Pau, tbh.

If the Spurs were willing to give 10 mills per year to Patty, but not 7 mills per year to Simmons, then I doubt they would be willing to give more than that to Kyle, tbh. And if the Spurs don't pay Kyle, I'm not sure other teams will be willing to take such a big risk on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't he been a better player than Rudy Gay these past few games too? You are really underselling him, which is a great way to keep hemorrhaging young talent.

I am not sure how the market will play out bc it's projected to be stingy again and that will be beneficial to the Spurs... but Kyle is for sure worth more than 5/6 million a season. He has been the Spurs 3rd best player at times and is only getting better with each passing game as he gains confidence and experience. His numbers are against starting level talent too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by SAGirl; 11-18-2017 at 02:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been awesome to see Kyle get more comfortable out there. I'm all in for keeping him. It will be interesting to see how Kawhi and Tony's return will affect his role though. He'd obviously be moved to the bench with Kawhi and Tony handling the ball in the SL, Kyle's impact on offense would be limited since he's not an outside threat. Hopefully he can improve the bench attack with Manu/Gay/Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons vs Anderson has run its course. Independent of who's better, Kyle's corpus is more complete, and he's younger while also being up for a new deal in a more stable off-season.
    This is true. Kyle's been damn impressive this season. Hope we keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 3 or 4 year deal at 7/8 per is most likely.

Thread Information