Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, he'll be an expiring contract in a couple years that will be a trade asset for a cap stretched team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much top tier g league talent could they sign for that money?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tank is always full when others keep paying for the gas. The problem is we bought a lemon and the piece of just sits in the garage. Not even salvageable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy d*cking ...these old guys need to STFU about playing more years if we want Kawhi back... Especially 3 plus years

It's funny no one asked him how he would feel about sticking up through a couple of tank seasons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a weird season. Statistically, he was very efficient and had good numbers, but he looked pretty awful in the eye test. I don’t know what to think, but I know he isn’t getting any better at his age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the least he could do is knock down his 3's like he did last season. watching an oldass 7 footer pump and drive into an awkward post move is disgusting

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One view of worth:

Pau Gasol was #92 in NBA Real Plus-Minus - 2017-18 Wins at 4.92, behind Tim Hardaway, Jr, ahead of Lonzo Ball.

Miles Plumlee was #92 in salary at 12,5000,000.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering his level of effort, he could probably play 10 more years

No joke. Trade him to Memphis to play with his brother and bring back JyMchal Geeen

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the worst deals by this front office in its history. Thanks contract is going to be an albatross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Can never have enough veteran leadership”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the worst deals by this front office in its history. Thanks contract is going to be an albatross.
    Its not the contract. Its playing the player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to agree Gasol just looks done and I mean Well Done as in ing Burnt. The dude just plays with no passion and if your Seven feet tall and you can’t post up someone who is 6’3 you SUCK. He plays with a lot more passion when he plays with Spain but he doesn’t bring that same fire to the NBA we better get rid of him and bring in Nikola next year.

One thing that Gasol, Anderson, and Green have in common is that they are mentally week they will not fight through adversity. I have been on Mills case most of the year but you can tell by watching the playoffs he was leaving it all on the court give him credit for that he was fighting the whole time - And NO is is not a starting PG. I would still keep him over Gasoft any day.
    Last edited by BackHome; 04-25-2018 at 05:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk is so ridiculously emotional. Pau Gasol is a good big off the bench and for the most part had a good season. He was our second best player for a good chunk of the season actually, people forget that. He is overpaid but his statement isn't troubling as he shouldn't decline any from now to his retirement since his game doesn't require young legs. It's not his fault that we don't have any good guards, our only other big isn't even an NBA-level talent, and our transcendent superstar player turned into a got, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk is so ridiculously emotional. Pau Gasol is a good big off the bench and for the most part had a good season. He was our second best player for a good chunk of the season actually, people forget that. He is overpaid but his statement isn't troubling as he shouldn't decline any from now to his retirement since his game doesn't require young legs. It's not his fault that we don't have any good guards, our only other big isn't even an NBA-level talent, and our transcendent superstar player turned into a got, tbh.
    I dont know if he was the second best player. He was outplayed last year every game by lee and dedmon. Every game. Yet he got the nod post season.

Reality is, hes a piece of dog . And youre dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad part is, Gasol looked good for about half of last season. The dude has got nothing left, it's just sad watching him play. He is clearly done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to see Gasol going from being an alpha dragging kobes ass to b2b rings against KG and Dwight to being a washed up old got with zero heart whos always screaming and flailing all over the got damn place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though Pau's scoring has fallen off a cliff, he still is a poor man's Duncan (at least, old Duncan)...good passing big, can defend the rim, and occasionally has some breakout games.

That being said...he ain't ing worth $16M....but there are also a lot of other low-to-mid tier bigmen that are being overpaid in the NBA.

If the Spurs don't find a way to move him (which I doubt they will, because "culture" and what not)....he better be ready to take the ing minimum and ride the bench if he wants to go another 4 years.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    really hope the Spurs can convince Thibs to take another washed up former Bulls player for us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy to play for years more when all you do is stand and walk around on the court all game
    Last edited by Chomag; 04-25-2018 at 08:54 PM.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just needs to start using whatever Manu's on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy to play for years more when all you do is stand and walk around on the court all game
    this

I hate this guy more than Richard Jefferson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though Pau's scoring has fallen off a cliff, he still is a poor man's Duncan (at least, old Duncan)...good passing big, can defend the rim, and occasionally has some breakout games.

That being said...he ain't ing worth $16M....but there are also a lot of other low-to-mid tier bigmen that are being overpaid in the NBA.

If the Spurs don't find a way to move him (which I doubt they will, because "culture" and what not)....he better be ready to take the ing minimum and ride the bench if he wants to go another 4 years.
    Lol wrong. He can only pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol is a staple of Spurs culture as he's been vital in educating the team on Rosa Parks, white privilege, and many other social justice topics. We will be signing him for 5+ more years.

Thread Information